main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Announcements Discussion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheTwinSuns, Aug 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    At least I'll get some Guardians of the Galaxy news to tide me over. Can't for that one.

2. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Good Lord!

One guy who is big in Disney tells people that there is not much details about Episode VII, and will be SOMEWHAT speechless. People think he is saying NO news, period.

I am not even born in America, but are people really that BAD in English?

Or is it my English bad, somewhat speechless *does equal* nothing to say at all? :confused:

Guess I will find out tomorrow, if it's me who is just no good at English ha.

gambit420 likes this.
  3. Jedi Dragon D

Jan 24, 2013
    BTW, AP reporter's name is Derrik J. Lang maybe Chinese guy whose English is not good.

Everybody is basically retweeting/reposting this same guy's article about no Star Wars news, because the Disney's Iger said 'Speechless'

EDIT: Oh ok, this Lang is apparently not Chinese.

4. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Either way it's you look at it it's not looking too positive right now. But who really knows, this might just all be BS or misconstrued facts, as mentioned before in this thread, about what's really going to happen tomorrow. Thankfully we only have less than a day before we find out for sure.

5. Jedi Dragon D

Jan 24, 2013
    The way I see it, either way you look at it, the wording is the KEY and it doesn't mean "Totally NO news" as far as I am concerned.

Palpatine2016 likes this.
  6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    ^ Right. I think a lot of people are jumping to conclusions. No where in his wording does he say that there will be no news, only that they are going to remain 'somewhat speechless.' What that actually means remains to be seen. We will all find out tomorrow.

7. Jedi Dragon D

Jan 24, 2013
    As I said, most people are just reposting/retweeting Derrik J. Lang's article over and over, that's not like 100 different media people agreed that what Iger said meant no news.

Derrik J. Lang is probably wrong here.

Ask him how sure/confident he is the wording means no news and why...

https://twitter.com/derrikjlang

8. Star Wars fan94

Star Wars fan94 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 13, 2013
    Well that's disappointing :(

9. Jedi Dragon D

Jan 24, 2013
  10. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Maybe what Iger means is that we'll get an announcement but it'll be short and to the point.

11. Star Wars fan94

Star Wars fan94 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 13, 2013
  12. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    "Speechless" typically means struck dumb in awe. You could easily interpret Iger's words to mean "Our presentation will be mindblowing."

This whole thing is absurd and somewhat like reading tea leaves. Frankly, it could go either way. TFN aren't doing themselves any favours by credulously reporting such flimsy news without any critical analysis.

HegoDamask likes this.
  13. TheStorm

TheStorm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    I never really thought we were getting anything big. It seems like the GA even seemed to think we may get a "preview" though nothing has been shot yet. I do still think we will get some news, like date/crew updates, shooting updates, and possibly a title. I'm not expecting casting until September or so.

14. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I'm sure there will be something. I think they're just trying to put people off the trail.

HegoDamask and TheTwinSuns like this.
  15. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Majorly disappointed, JJ isn't a fan of spoilers so I guess it's to be expected?

I hope they bring back Hyperspace, 2 years without official info or sneak peeks will probably ruin me.

16. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    Star Wars sold most of the tickets so let's hope.

17. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008
    I wouldn't give up all hope on D23 just yet.

18. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Eh, I'm not surprised they didn't reveal anything. They're really trying to keep this film under lock and key for a while, at least until casting is done. But it's been like 10 months since we've found out about the ST, you think we'd know at least something more.

19. TheStorm

TheStorm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 8, 2002

We don't know this because the reveal of anything is tomorrow....not today.

Corax78 likes this.
  20. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    J.J.'s mystery box will be extra mysterious if they don't even release the movie! He will allow our imaginations to flourish!!

21. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    Well, just so you know:

My movie is better than yours....

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  22. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    He should go above and beyond and release the movie frame by frame *one frame for each day* that way we will be entertained for the rest of our lives...even though by the time we got to the end we'd all be dead and our grandchildren will get to know the ending.:p

23. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    Okay. So. No VII at D23.
    I'm dying for an announcement of some form already.

24. HugoWanKenobi

HugoWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 3, 2013
    English is not my language but usually understand "speechless" as word that describes a mood for something that is so exciting that you can't even say a word... do you know what I mean??? like having the mouth so open that you can't speak :)

Jedi Dragon D and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  25. Dranem

Dranem JCF Banner Contest Winner star 1 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 31, 2012
    It could be some crazy new performance art piece. We all sit down at midnight for the first screening of Episode VII and we STILL haven't heard anything or even seen a trailer. Then a mirror will drop down reflecting the image of everyone's confused look in their seats, the lights will dim, and a light will flash on the audience. Then J.J. will come out with a megaphone and say, "The Force was within YOU this whole time. Give yourself a nice round of applause. Goodnight!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.