main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST All Officially Confirmed INFO HERE (see last page)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheBBP, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    I need some STAR WARS news !!! aaaaarg new epi of clonewars tomorrow relax everything will be fine lalala

2. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    That's how I feel but with the last four episodes being not that good tomorrow's better be. I need something awesome to hold me over until we get some major news on Episode VII!

Echo-07 likes this.
  3. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    SEAHAWKS!!!

That said, another week with nothing solid to chew on. I NEEEEEED some spoilers, production art, a director... ANYTHING!

Echo-07 likes this.
  4. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I have a feeling we may get almost nothing big for quite some time...but once we do, it will be a constant in-flow of news bits, and the wait will have been worth it....

Least I'm hoping that's how it'll be...then again that may not start till late this year or even early next year!!

Echo-07 likes this.
  5. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    ALl I want to know is who will be directing and will there be any main EU characters in it and i'll be fine...... for a week or two.

Chels, Boxster, Echo-07 and 2 others like this.
  6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    ALL I want is the entire screenplay in my hand and I'll be fine for a few days! Is that too much to ask for? :p

Chels, Boxster, Echo-07 and 2 others like this.
  7. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Sounds reasonable.

8. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    You guys are hillarious. I'm doing fine..[face_hypnotized]....just....fine.....*eye starts twitching*

Boxster, Vastor, Echo-07 and 2 others like this.
  9. QsAssistant

Apr 13, 2011
    So I see nothing new was announced yesterday. That's... just... great... :mad:

Boxster, Echo-07 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  10. Boxster

Boxster Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 13, 2005
    Still no news these few days, I wonder. What if this is a new marketing tactic that no news will be given until the premiere of the movie in 2015? Ok, unlikely..., but what if the director they selected that none of us here agrees?

And what if the actors they cast, we do not feel suitable for the roles? E.g., Jeremy Clarkson as Ben Skywalker, Richard Simmons as Thrawn, Adam Sandler as Darth Mackie, Sandra Bullock as R2, Jack Nicholson as C3PO, Snoop Dog as Ewok and so forth. How and will Disney hear our voice?

11. mglover92

mglover92 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    ill be honest the lack of news is really pissing me off. Sad to say. What and the heck are they waiting for? Just announce SOMETHING...there is no need to with hold information...they have known about this FOREVER

Echo-07 likes this.
  12. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    Even Master Yoda doesn't have the patience for this lack of news, it's not wise to make Master Yoda angry.

[​IMG]

Darth Chiznuk and Chels like this.
  13. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Agreed! They could confirm the Kasdan and Kinberg rumors at least. Announce the Director and if the Big 3 are coming back. Something to tide us over.

My posts have gone from 50 a day down to 5 . . . every conceivable Episode 7 topic has been tapped out.

Darth Chiznuk and QsAssistant like this.
  14. QsAssistant

Apr 13, 2011
    When Episode VII was announced I was on here every day for hours for a few weeks. Now I'm at the point where I'm on here for about five minutes every day or two. It just gets old talking about "What if this/that".
    I think right now the big question for most fans is if the big 3 will be in it or not. When that question is answered I'll be really happy. I hope we get some news no later than the end of this month.

Echo-07 likes this.
  15. mglover92

mglover92 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    you know whats funny, I bet some of the people at lucasfilm and disney view this board lol

16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Maybe there was a TIME PARADOX and SW no longer exists? Wait who's this Luke Skywalker fellow? Some Babylon 5 extra?

17. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    You're probably one of them! There I've exposed you so you can just give us some damn news and we can all rest easier! [face_hypnotized]

JainaSoloYJK and Echo-07 like this.
  18. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    I still say 1952 = Ep. 7's "Blue Harvest". I'm probably wrong, but famous people lie all the time to stop spoiler leaks. In their shoes, I certainly would. Anyone following the Doctor Who fandom closely enough can attest to this. The Doctor Lies, the Moffat Lies, as well I'm sure does The Lucas, The Mouse, and those paid enough by the above (which naturally would include anybody on the inside) as well. If my great twists were leaked in some epic tale I was brewing, and became public knowledge before I had intended, I would LAUGH at what they leaked as both ludicrous and false, or put on a darned good poker face at the very least. This is just the way things are done now in the age of internet leaks and such. A little disinformation and a little plausible deniability goes a long way. All those working within the 'know' will attest that the leaks are false as well, so as to maintain their trust within the circles.

I don't see this as ethically deceptive. You're protecting your story.

V-2 likes this.
  19. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I think denials like the one about Carrie Fisher after she said she was in Episode 7 and "thought it was common knowledge" then had a publicist deny is fair game. I think this also applies to Zack Snyder and his SW spinoff. I believe both are true stories that are simply being denied because Disney doesn't want that info leaked. I also believe that Peter Flemyng outed Matt Vaughn as director of Ep 7, which Disney nor Vaughn ever denied. They just didn't address it.

The premise of this thread is about outright deception. George Lucas used the "Blue Harvest" trick once because he was filming in the US and didn't want snoopers harassing the production. I really don't think they'd go to that play again. Besides, 1952 is being directed by Brad Bird and stars George Clooney IIRC correctly. I do not think 1952 is Episode 7.

20. Lord Tuvitor

Jun 27, 2003
    [​IMG]

I dunno... George Clooney in blue makeup with red contact lenses?

V-2 likes this.
  21. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012

One possible avenue would to be make some Star Wars films for the "christian coalition save the children foundation" and then some for people who would like to see the series evolve into stuff more in line with the books and video games, not specific story lines but the more realistic story lines. , ya know, like this:

First words you see? "Contains content that's inappropriate for children". Oh noes! Who do you think is mostly responsible for the video game sales? Anyhow, I've spent too much time articulating my points in other threads so I'm not going to waste anymore energy on the subject. Ok maybe a little ;) In the end they'll sell out and make films that are giant toy commercials or they'll actually have some artistic credibility and make some groundbreaking films that are, lets say, a tad more in line with our modern culture, as in, not try to copy the formula for the first trilogy. More nuance, more complex characters with some actual character development, better acting/directing/writing and less condescending childish content.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  22. Boxster

Jul 13, 2005
    I hope they make the ST like the TOR trailers! Those are darn good and with fantastic designers.

23. Boxster

Jul 13, 2005
    Those TOR trailers proved that in proper hands. SW can be GREAT!!! Hope DIsney bring the guys/gals who did those trailers onboard for the ST.

Darth kRud likes this.
  24. Lord Tuvitor

Jun 27, 2003
    Too bad the game they were trailers for ended up being a bad WoW rip-off with lightsabers and cutscenes.

25. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    That seems to be the general opinion in the comment sections on the video's. The videos are mostly action sequences but god ones, you also get the feel or vibe of the characters though. With a "feel" like the above videos and great writing/directing/story line we could see Star Wars reclaim it's former glory in a more evolved manner. I think if Kennedy has her hands all in the new films this wont happen. She's basically an extension of Lucas's world view which is stuck in the 1980's. At least Lucas wont be around dominating everyone into submission to the point where no one was able to tell him some of his ideas sucked. It should be a more democratic process this time around which will make for better films no matter what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.