main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST All Officially Confirmed INFO HERE (see last page)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheBBP, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I hear ya, my friend. In fact I was going to post a thread abot the information void but you beat me to it!

I said that too, a long time ago in a thread far, far away . . . I believe the last video (#5) on TOS on Dec 31st will reveal the director's name. Probably wishful thinking but I can't help but think the videos lead to something other than stuff we already know.

2. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    They'll starve us, then we'll eat anything!

3. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    So true.

Some of the lFL employees -- read Pablo Hidalgo -- heard rumblings about the ST back in June. They've done a pretty good job of sealing the leaks.

4. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    I just wanna know the Director , the time line ( when EP7 is set ) & if the Big 3 will be back ! is that to much to ask - just tell us something ! .

DarthKreVass and Padme501st like this.
  5. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    I can understand that they don't want to spoil the story by revealing crucial elements such as if the Big 3 return or not. That will get out, inevitably, at some point. However, knowing the director spoils nothing about the story itself and seems like an unecessary secret to keep. The only thing I can imagine is that the contract needs to be finalized; it could be complex with clauses for right of first refusal, NDA's and so on and so forth.

Still think they've decided on Vaughn btw.

6. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Suspect the plot, antagonists etc will be kept secret until the first trailer; it will do well for marketing. Disney will want to maximise the anticipation and speculation.

obi-rob-kenobi4 and Echo-07 like this.
  7. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    That's all I want to let myself know. I'm gonna try to not look at anything else till it comes out so I can be blown away at the theater.

I hope we get who the director is by the end of the year, it would make this whole ST feel more real

Julius Vernon, Echo-07 and The Bops like this.
  8. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    I am the director.
    This just got real. :cool:

Lazy Storm Trooper and cdgodin like this.
  9. Kuestmaster

Kuestmaster Jedi Master star 2

Nov 17, 2012
    I expected a director announcement before Christmas, but now I'm not so sure anymore...

Julius Vernon, Echo-07 and Padme501st like this.
  10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I don't mind the lack of news. I just come to these forums for the company, and it gives me something to do with all of my down-time as a college student.

rogue 4, Order66Survivor and Echo-07 like this.
  11. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I'm excited by all this too, but I'm fine just waiting for the announcements to come whenever they're ready to share them.

Rainbow Knight Star and Echo-07 like this.
  12. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Ditto. I was convinced we would know the identity of the director before Christmas. I don't think that will be the case.

Echo-07 likes this.
  13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    You never know. We still have 13 days left before Christmas. I'm optimistic that we'll find out at least before New Year's.

14. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I'm taking the Zen route. The news will present themselves.

ommmmmm

15. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    We will find out casting info at some point before any trailer, but still probably 6 months to a year away, which will be shrouded in mystery. But even ages and descriptions will be enough to predict whether EU route or not...

Echo-07 likes this.
  16. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Yeah, I need another drip through my Star Wars IV. This drip feed is slow to start. ;)

DarthKreVass and Echo-07 like this.
  17. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Once casting begins that news will be nearly impossible to keep secret. We might not know who the characters are for alot of the new people but we'll defintley know the cast.

18. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Exactly...

19. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    The casting might be the reason things are slow. If they're trying to get the Big 3 back I could see it taking awhile to make everybody happy. Especially, Harrison Ford. He'll want to approve the script and director before he signs on. And, if he doesn't sign on that'll mean changes to the script.

20. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012

I was actually thinking that before I came on here....If Harrison won't come back & they can only get Hamill & Fisher then they would have to write Han out of the script which could delay things further .

21. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    I'm enjoying a simmer to a pot that has been cold for far too long.

Echo-07 likes this.
  22. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    I'm almost certain they had a pretty good idea about who they could get back before the bulk of script writing commenced, even if the contracts weren't signed.

Echo-07 likes this.
  23. Doug625

Doug625 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2012
    I wouldn't be surprised if they are much farther along than we all think. When Star Wars wants a director, they get one! I think they already have one, casting has began, and the final screenplay is being finished. By the time we hear any big announcement I am guessing filming will not be far off....

Echo-07 likes this.
  24. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    At this point I would suspect they've nailed down the director and some cast members they would at least like to have. I imagine they have to work out details, but I think they are probably waiting to make it an impactful announcement.

Contracts are of course a concern, it is possible that the director and/or primary cast members they are targeting are waiting on seeing a script before signing on.

Echo-07 likes this.
  25. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah, but if Harrison doesn't like the script he could bow out. Then they'd need a new script, or changes to the one they have to keep Harrison happy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.