main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST All Officially Confirmed INFO HERE (see last page)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheBBP, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    You Sir are a King among men!!!!

If the EU crowd decided to boycott the movies, it would not even dent the box office one single bit.

Ah but most hope it rightfully will be!

2. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    It certainly wouldn't. However, it might put a dent in the number of people who camp out for a week in the cinema parking lot waiting for the premiere, and then come into the theater in a black cape and a Darth Vader, mask, LOL.

3. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    I don't even think it would dent that to be honest. It might get rid of the same kind of mentality that, if they were Star Trek fans they would have weddings in Klingon etc.

4. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Han Shot First you really should learn to not double and triple post.
    Sincerely,
    Everyone else

Esg likes this.
  5. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    Glad to see you have appointed yourself spokesperson for everyone else. As I have stated before I'm dyslexic and it act's as a handy little memory tool for myself. Tolerance is the key here, instead of getting yourself all worked up.

6. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    That's... kind of ironic.

Esg and JackG like this.
  7. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    o_O
    From the guy who continues to vocally and needlessly bash the EU and its readers at every turn?

Esg likes this.
  8. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    I haven't bashed anyone, I just offer an opinion that differs from yours, free speech and all that jazz.

9. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    This is true, however it will probably be like the Star Trek reboot, where in the trailer they just did a star log and showed the Enterprise being built. There is more in the second trailer than last one. We will be able to piece together some of what is going on. Lucasfilm likes to tout characters they think will be big

10. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    "Come back Dec 31st for Part 5"

Fettcrom likes this.
  11. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
  12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    The lack of news has not really effected the thread activity of this board, so that is good to see.

13. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    observant = you :p

14. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I asked one of the ods about activity and it has doubled since the D-Day announcement. Probably still growing with all the news avs I see here daily.

Makes me confident in my prediction that Ep 7 can crack $3 B.

15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    :(

16. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I find your lack of leaks disturbing.

17. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    I just want to know if it will keep on continuity with the eu, if it will ignore the eu or if it will break continuity while keeping some of the characters

18. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    All I know is the new trilogy needs to have a darker feel to it, less childish. Maybe even have one of them be R rated. No nudity but way more violence and adult themes. Done with class of course. I like the feel of the Italian "Dark Resurrection" films. Anyone seen those? if so what did you think?

Order66Survivor likes this.
  19. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Darker? Seriously? I'm sorry kRud, but you know the three act structure? We're in the third act with the ST... where things are on the up swing, so I doubt it'll be as dark as RoTS or ESB.

20. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Look at the new clone wars animated series. The only episodes people like, by in large, are the ones with sith in them. If Disney makes three films all corny like Lucas did with episode 1 then they're in for a rude awakening at the box office. Heck, episode three was childsplay. Kids can handle it, they kill more people in their various war video games in 20 seconds and see more gore/blood in that 20 seconds than we saw in the entire episode-3 series. It's 2012, get with the times. It's not specifically gore we need though it's philosophical 'darkness', adult themes, more evil characters...We need a much darker series in order to fit with our actual modern culture.Lucas lives in la la land which is why he chose Disney because traditionally they've lived in la la land as well but I think Disney may understand some of what I'm saying (not paying attention to me specifically of course) so I have a feeling they'll target adults more with the new films. If they don't they will be a big letdown.

Troubled Mind likes this.
  21. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Folk/fairy tales have always had dark and sordid aspects (evil witches, infanticide, murder plots, incest, etc), I don't think modern culture requires more darkness in its storytelling per-se, it's just forever changing the emphasis of what's already there, as it always has done...

Episode 1 had concentration camps, children born into slavery and a demonic supervillain being cut in half. It's not all "yippee" and "meesa bein clumsy!"

22. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    TPM was the highest grossing in the PT. For all we know, Disney will ask more of that. Star Wars has been for kids and "kids in you". Let's just hope the childish elements won't be irritating to adults.

23. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    I agree. darl just does not feel lile star wars.

24. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    =D=

Thank you for seeing what so many have missed.

25. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    Still, we will never get star wars meets resident evil, or something truly twisted dark sexy and violent... but I digress...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.