main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST All Officially Confirmed INFO HERE (see last page)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheBBP, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    Actually it was 1997 I believe. The films were also originally thought out to be shot simultaneously and released back to back.

2. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I would think they could still stay with the 2015 release. Even if there are a lot of special effects. The last couple Harry Potter movies were pretty special effects heavy, and they always released those movies every year and a half. Also, there have been many advancements in CG and whatnot, so I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the work is more efficiently done nowadays. Also it's Disney-the movie churning machine, that has tons of people working on separate projects to piece together the film, possibly way more people than LFL. George Lucas took his sweet time with the prequels. Sure they were always busy, but they spent more time on preproduction cos they could. Then there were weeks of pickups and reshoots, etc...

I think 2015 will be realistic cos Disney will want to get this thing moving. As long as they start in early 2014, they could do it. I mean, I think I read somewhere that they're already starting preproduction in 2013? That's a huge chunk of the overall process...

It'll just be interesting to see how 2015 plays out, release-wise. Besides SW, there will also be The Avengers 2, The Justice League (I think) and I think I read somewhere that a new Pirates of the Caribbean movie, and possibly Avatar 2 could be out that year...

3. Aizakku Rorensu

Aizakku Rorensu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2013
    Yeah, Pirates 5 was just announced today for July 2015.

Honestly, I'm beginning to wonder where will Disney put Episode VII.

Avengers 2 is May 2015, Pirates 5, again, July 2015. Avatar 3 is said to be Christmas 2015, but let's see if Avatar 2 makes the Christmas 2014 date. Justice League, yeah, who knows...

So I guess maybe June 2015? Or maybe Christmas if no Avatar.

4. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    They could still do a memorial weekend release like before, because as far as what we Know
    so far it doesn't look like there's any of those being released within several weeks on either side which should work out just fine...besides we're talking about Star Wars here-of course that movie will have no problem in the box office-just as none of the others did!

5. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Yeah Pirates 5 in July doesn't interfere with Ep 7 in May. Plenty of spacing between.

6. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Never understood why Pirates was so big. I've seen them all, none in theaters...

7. Aizakku Rorensu

Jan 13, 2013
    No, Avengers 2 is already set for May 1st, 2015.

I suppose you could do Memorial Day weekend of 2015 for Episode VII, but that Friday is May 22nd, 2015. And so I'm not sure Disney wants to open two of their billion dollar franchises in the same month, and just three weeks apart from one another.

We'll see, but my money is on, say, mid-June or Christmas 2015.

Of course, being a Star Wars fan and not caring about the Avengers, I say you move Avengers 2 and give Star Wars it's traditional Mid-May/Memorial Day opening. But that's just me, a biased Star Wars fan.

Echo-07 likes this.
  8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Avatar isn't Disney. It's Fox property.
    But yeah lots of franchises are coming.

9. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Man, we were so close . . .

10. Aizakku Rorensu

Jan 13, 2013
    No, yeah, I wasn't insinuating that it was, I was just looking at the release dates of the big movies that'll be out in 2015. And I'm quite sure I missed a few more, because I seem to remember looking at it a couple months back and seeing 2015 being packed with stuff.

Oh, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember reading that Cameron (or someone in the know) said that Avatar was offered to Disney but they passed and Fox obviously took it.

V-2 likes this.
  11. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    True, but Disney has rights to make an Avatar section of Animal Kingdom, i think

12. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    I saw the first in theaters and it was great. sequals nosedived, I dont know why they are even making a 5th. I guess to try and wash the bad taste of 4 out of their mouth.

13. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    It won't... Just as bad, like Johnny Depp but he would be better served in other films

14. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I liked the first Pirates until I was forced to watch 2,789 more times. 2 and 3 were demented acid trips due to the fact that they made absolutely no goddamned sense. 4 was fairly decent.

15. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Are you referring to when the prequels were originally announced or TPM's theatrical release?

16. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Why were you forced to watch Curse of the Black Peril so much?

17. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Nah I was exaggerating which I tend to do from time to time. My family/friends would always be watching it.

18. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013
    Originally announced.

19. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    IIRC that was back in the early 90's. I remember listening to a podcast and a host said that he remembers an old SW Windows 3.0 program that had an easter egg. It revealed that a new trilogy is in the making. In TPM DVD's features, Lucas began writing (or at least shown) in 1994. I'm not too sure if these are factually correct/connect with each other.

20. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Okay, I am less than a week from officially losing my mind if we don't get some information.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  21. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013
    Yeah, that is about right, early 90's. Probably during the Zahn stuff was being released. But even up to 94/95 before he actually started writing.

22. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I think we agreed on Jan 21 if you care to join us

23. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Count me in on the Jan 21st deadline! If we have no news by then I will run outside, screaming at the top of my lungs, pulling out my hair and weeping! :_|

24. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Well we did learn that Zack Snyder may or may not be developing a Star Wars film. :p

Julius Vernon likes this.
  25. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    While this is true, we also know alot of other things that may or may not happen...
    The Big 3 may or may not be recast

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.