main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NorthEast Announcing the 1st Annual NorthEast FanForce Awards !!!!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Mar 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    This has been a project for over a year now and Im proud to say with some help of some very special friends, its finally going to happen.

There are soooo many talented Chapters/people in FF and the NE region that I wanted to find a way to applaud their efforts. :)

So with that said:

******PRESENTING********
    The 1st Annual NE Fanforce Awards

Date: Saturday April 17th
    Time: 3 pm to 4 pm
    Where: Empire FanFest, NJ

All Chapters in the NE region will be judged in the following categories:

1. C3P0 award - (most talkative) This award will go to the chapter who has the most active forum on the FF boards.

2. R2D2 Award - This award goes to the chapter with the best website.

3. Chewie Award - This award goes to the Chapter with the best Fanfilm. This will be viewers Choice. The voting will be up to the members in the NE region. Please PM me a link to your Fanfilm where it can be viewed so I can link that to the boards once this is announced on FF.

4. Luke Award - Goes to the FF chapter who has grown not only grown in numbers by member count but has shown an overall improvement in their group as a whole.

5. Padme Award - This Award goes to Best Chapter Rep in the Region. This Cr must show strong leadership skills and overall great communication amongst their chapter and is an active voice with FF.

6. Leia Award - Goes to the Chapter who has been actively involved in charity events within their own community and has contributed to their Chapter hometown in some way.

7.Queen Amidala AWard - Best Costuming group. Goes to the Chapter with the best costumes overall as a group. In order to compete for this you will need to submit a group costumed photo.

8. Vader Award - This goes to the chapter with the best Forum Banner.

9. yoda Award- (service award)Our highest Award. This will go to the chapter /person in the NE region who has shown exceptional dedication to their love of Star Wars. Consistently has contributed in the FF community in some way.

Now on to our rules:

1.Anyone can nominate a chapter/Person in the NE region for a specified award.
    2. All AWards will be voted upon by FF GSA's/RSA's with the exception of the Fanfilm award. That is viewers choice.
    3. ALL NOMINATIONS AND VOTES WILL BE SUBMITTED VIA PM to strawbary.
    Please do not post your votes or nominations on the boards. We would like to keep this a suprise for the awards :)
    4. Deadline for group photo submissions is April 6th.

All nominees will be announced on April 7th.
    Voting will close on April 14th @ 9 pm.

Fanfilms. Please PM me links to this so I can have a special thread for all of these. Please do not post your links. :)
    Thank you.

This is going to be alot of fun! This is the first year doing this and we will be the first region to do so as well. Im very proud of the NE region and you guys should be too!

Good Luck to everyone and May the force be with you !!!!

Strawbary

2. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
  3. XenoSphere

XenoSphere Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    Indeed.

4. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    Very cool.

//mutters something un-nice about MEPA and spell
    ;)

¤Night

5. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Just up'ing this since the nominations/submissions deadline is April 6th.

We still need group photos to be considered for the costume award.

All chapters will automatically be entered for the website, active forum, and banner award.

The others require nomination and a write up on why you feel that person/chapter should be nominated :)

Good luck to everyone!!!!

May the force be with you!

6. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Hey, strawbary, where do I send the photos?

Also, now that the nominations are closed, when do we see a voting poll for this? One other thing, will this be done by PM or poll. Are you going to regulate the poll? In otherwords, can anyone vote or just NE FF members?

7. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Sal,
    If you scroll up a bit there is alot of info in my original post. ALL voting will be done by RSA/GSA's. :)

This is done for several reasons, one reason is that some chapters arent as large as other and the voting wouldnt be fair. This way the RSA/GSA's are a neutral voting party.

The only public voting allowed is the fanfilms awards however I have not received any submissions for those..... :(

Due to technical difficulties with the boards yesterday give me a few days to get more specific info up.

EDIT:
    Since we did have difficulties online last night and that consumed most of my time I will allow submissions for photos today till 9 pm They can be sent to strawbary@fanforce.net
    Thanks! :)

8. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Perhaps since these are location based awards you should have considered letting the groups who are involved have a vote....like having each group start a thread on their boards and let the group take votes within themselves then the CR only get a vote.

I hate to think that people that really have nothing to do with the groups involved get all the say in our awards.

Just a thought

9. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    a notice was sent to all the CR's about the event. They all had ample time to post something in their forums regarding this. :)

The Only Awards that the RSA's/Gsa's are voting on are the Best banner, Best website, Most talkative and best costumed group. Those are not location based and merely based on overall appearance.

Everyone in the region will have a chance to vote on the Best fanfilm. However we have no submissions for those at this time so......we are still accepting entries for that category.

It has been decided this way to make it fair since some chapters are larger than others.
    Look at this like the oscars......The actors themselves dont vote on each others performance there is a committee that does that.
    I have been in this region for 2 years now and Rox for 2 prior to that so we are both very familiar with the chapters in the region. Along with many other RSA's who have been involved with this region thru various events/occurences. I believe the voting system to be quite fair.

Every nomination that has been coming in has had a reason attached to it and we take all those things in consideration when voting.

I hope that clears up any concern you may have.
    For more in depth information on this event you can log into the CR Yahoo group and read more about it.

Hope to see everyone there!

10. Night4554

Oct 9, 2000
    Look forward to meeting you :)

¤Night

11. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    WOW night I didnt realise you were going?
    Way cool!!!!
    Im assuming you will be hanging out at the NJO table ? LOL

12. Night4554

Oct 9, 2000
    I'll be all over the place :p
    Part of the time I'll be volunteering at the Con, most of the rest of the part I'll be volunteering at the NJO table, yes. I'm also stealing away for the talk and the autograph session with Mark Hamill :)

But don't get your hopes up, I'm a rather dull person ;)

¤Night

13. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Ok Voting process has begun :)
    The following Category has been dropped due to lack of submission:

Best Fanfilm :(

Perhaps next year we can add this back in to the awards :)

14. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Cool

cant wait to see the winners

15. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    I hope this goes well for you.

16. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    I want to complement Strawbary for the great job she did putting together the awards. It was a great show and it was clear she put a lot of hard word she put it to them.

Congrats to all the winners, they were all well deserved!!

17. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    Can't wait for the second annual NE Regional FF Awards.

18. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    HeY all :)
    Thanks for the compliments :) Considering the amount of techinical difficulties we had on saturday ;)LOL I am relieved it went well and everyone had a good time :)

It could not have been possible without everyone pulling together and making it work. Thanks should go out to everyone involved. Thanks so much guys!

I guess I shuold announce the nominees and the winners since they will all pop up on the boards slowly but surely ;)

So here goes:

1.Luke award- Nominess: Long Island, New Jersey, Pittsburgh, Rhode Island

Winner is: New Jersey Order

2.Leia Award:

Nominees: NYC, SYR, Pittsburgh

Winner is: NYC

3. C3-PO Award - Nominees: Washington DC, Boston,NYC,Pittsburgh

Winner is: Washington DC

4. R2-D2 Award - Nominees: Buffalo, Clarksburg, NYC

Winner is: Buffalo

5. Vader Award - Nominees: Buffalo, SYR,Clarksburg, Pittsburgh

Winner is : Syracuse

6. Queen Amidala Award - Nominees: Long Island, NYC, Rochester, Syracuse

Winner is: NYC

7. Padme Award - Nomiees: Buffalo, Long Island, NYC, Rhode Island, New Jersey

Winner is: Rhode Island, Idarii

8. Yoda Award - winners are: Ladysith, Meriwyn

Special Thanks awards are as follows:
    Liason Award - 501st Merlynny
    Liason Award - Regel Legion Hothgirl

Padwan Program - Pittsburgh
    to learn more about pittsburghs Padawan Program please check out the Pittsbugh Forums

Congratulations to all the winners at the awards. Im so very proud of the NE region. All of you should be too! Keep up the good work!!!! :)

19. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    And thank you Strawbary for coming up with the awards. And as for the trophies I can think of only two words that come to mind

Nice Yodas

20. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    On behalf of the Empire Fan Fest staff (although I'm sure Chris will add her say here as well) I'd like to commend Strawbary on the fabulous job she did with the awards. The time you put into them really paid off and was very apparent! I'm also looking forward to the next one :)

21. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Congratulations to Meriwyn & LadySith, and to all the chapters who were nominated or won an award. :)

22. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Congrats to all the winners.

It was a well done awards show. I really liked the the trophies also. :)

The whole thing was great!! I got to meet alot of people in other chapters for the very first time.

It is always good to put the face with the screen name and icon.

I look forward to next years awards.

Maybe next year we can get a red carpet and stage a pre-awards show of people arriving like on E! . :p

23. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Maybe next year we can get a red carpet and stage a pre-awards show of people arriving like on E! .

I love it! :)

24. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Congrats to everyone, and thank you Strawbary for putting so much work into it! I look forward to next year's. :D

25. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Strawbary

Great job on the awards. It was well done.
    Congratulations to all the winners (including us ;) )

Cant wait for the next award ceremony :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.