main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Announcing the Fan Film: Spirits of the Force

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jedi_Webb, Dec 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    I heard the plan was to camp out for three weeks on Joel's front yard.

2. harpm1

harpm1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2002
    Back from the rim again...Hey nice trailer. You guys do some green screen work? Anyway, interested to see the flick and hope it shows at CIII fan film awards. I hope some of y'all will be going.

3. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Hmmm... I don't think Expanded Universe Fan Films can be nominated at the CIII awards. At least, I would be very surprised. Nice to dream though ;)

4. Jedi_Webb

Jedi_Webb Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    Did TONS of lightsaber rotoscoping today. I'd say sabers are more than 3/4 of the way done. After that is done, then I get to concentrate on some other "effects" shots which we didn't plan for, but would be very cool! (I love being a tease)

5. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Awesome Webb! :D

6. MJ_Keehan_Sundve

MJ_Keehan_Sundve Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    I heard about the effects shots... I CAN'T WAIT!

Webb is the MAN!

7. harpm1

Feb 19, 2002
    You should still try for the Fan Film awards. I saw some at C2 that featured characters that had nothing to do with any of the films. Besides its worth a shot.

8. Jedi_Webb

Nov 15, 2002
    Yet another update from the bowels of Jedi Webb PostProduction Studios... ALL lightsabers are DONE! Oh, I guess I should have put *Spoiler* in the title... yeah, we're gonna have lightsabers in our fanfilm. ;)

Now it's time to do all that "stuff" that we noticed that was wrong during the shoot, but Joel said, "Don't worry, Webb will fix it in post! You can remove that pink bicycle from the background.... right Webb?" *gulp*

9. SkyWard

SkyWard Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    It looks good guys. I'm really impressed some locals, like yourselves, have gotten involved in film making and Star Wars fan film making, at that! Too cool. I'll definitely want to see this when it is completed.

I've posted on the JC message boards and didn't realize there we're local boards until recently. Wierd considering my little brother has been posting here for a long while. Anyway, good luck finishing up post production.

10. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Thanks SkyWard!

Yeah, it sounds like we're gonna have one awesome Fan Film come March 1st! :)

Thanks for all the extra work Webb! :D

11. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    I wouldn't mind going for the fan film awards. My only worry is that we've used several Lucasfilm owned characters... I heard that that's sort of a "no,no" when it comes to the awards. But I should probably research it again just to make sure. :)

12. Jedi_Webb

Nov 15, 2002
    OMG! I actually got rid of that pink bike! SOTF crew knows which one I'm talking about. Adobe After Effects RULES! Only 19 more similar "effects" shots to go. :)

13. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    That stupid bike! LOL! Awesome! :D

14. MJ_Keehan_Sundve

MJ_Keehan_Sundve Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    Yeah for the getting rid of the bike!!

Can you get rid of my trot, too??

;)

15. harpm1

Feb 19, 2002
    As far as using official characters I saw at least two at CII that used them such as Darth Vader in a digital animation short and of course Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru in Troops. Both were shown in the viewing room. And Lucas's favorite award went to a cartoon featuring Boba Fet (as a toy come to life) as well as many of the featured spacecraft.

16. Jedi_Webb

Nov 15, 2002
    I think the catch here is that those films were parodies. I remember reading the official guidelines at one point and it said specifically that "Fan Fiction", or basically any movie trying to expand on the characters or stories within the Star Wars universe, would not be accepted under any circumstances.

We do have other plans however... Once the film is completed, we are going to submit it to TFN FanFilms. If they accept it, it will be hosted right here on TFN, which would be VERY cool. :) We'll see though.

17. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Yeah, that whole "Expanding the Universe" concept I remember was a guideline. Oh well. I think our Fan Film will get on TFN... it better! :D

18. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Man... I spent some time lurking on the FanFilm forums... some of those people are brutal when it comes to amature filmmaking. They were tearing some of the best fan films I've seen to shreds... I have to admit, this is one of those things I won't easily get used to after our film is released. Don't get me wrong, I have absolute confidence in our film... but man... these people are scary! :(

19. Jedi_Webb

Nov 15, 2002
    Breaking News: Spirits of the Force has been officially submitted to the folks over at TFN Fanfilms! Their response time is typically 2-4 weeks. I'll keep you posted when I hear back from them. EVERYONE KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED!!!

20. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    So when do we get a peek???? :confused:

ERROR: Only one question per minute

21. Jedi_Webb

Nov 15, 2002
    If TFN FanFilms accepts it, you'll be able to download it on/around March 1st. If they don't I'll need to find somewhere to host it myself. In any case, we WILL be watching it at the PFF Meeting on March 13th!

22. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Wahoo! :D

I finally got to see the 99% finished version of the film! This fan film is gonna rock! TFN better host it!

23. Master-Mishima

Master-Mishima Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2002
    Just watched the trailer and wow! Looks great! Do you have an idea for another one after this is done?

Master Mishima

24. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    More... I want More!!!

25. DarkSiderSteve

DarkSiderSteve Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2003
    Webb let me know that he may have an idea for another film. I'll keep my fingers crossed..... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.