main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY Announcing the Key Pixel Moviethon ? Indie Film Festival

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Laszlo, Nov 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laszlo

Laszlo Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2006
    Howdy! My name?s Laszlo Kovacs with the Key Pixel Gathering of Filmers. I?m more of a regular on the TFN Fan Film boards ? previously more well known as Covax with a few films and fan films under my belt. I figure to share some info some info since? well heck, why not.

My team and I are hosting an amateur/indie film festival in the New Year. We?ve now confirmed the venue as The Palace Theater in Syracuse ? which I can see you guys already know about - with the date being Saturday, February 17th 2007. We plan to showcase our very own UCF: Toronto Cybercide as well as present cool off-the-radar films that have caught our attention over the past year. Confirmed on the roster are X3i: Divinity, Fingerman: The Movie, RECON 2020: The Caprini Massacre, the ever-quotable Superheroes, and The Gene Generation.

While we have other films we?re going after we are also accepting submissions of relevant short films, trailers for upcoming indie films. We are not accepting fan films; however they?ll be some fan film makers on hand if you ant to shoot the breeze.

In the meantime check out our site Key-Pixel.com for more information and related links. If you have any questions or proposals feel free to post them here, IM me or Boter, or e-mail me at covax@rogers.com or Boter at ankeho@hotmail.com.

2. Laszlo

Nov 9, 2006
    We?ve got some updates to the film roster; in the meantime I suggest the individual production company sites to find production status updates, purchasing info and/or download links while we work on updating our site:

Set One: Amateur Films

UCF: Toronto Cybercide
    By Key Pixel Gathering of Filmers (Canada/United States)
    Laszlo Kovacs (Producer/Director) and Andrew Hookway (Co-Director)
    Production: Key-Pixel.com

Blurb: A pulp thriller in a cyberpunk world.

Divinity aka X3i: Divinity (still in post-production)
    By TripleC Productions and Cobra Productions (United States)
    Chris Clark Cowan (Producer/Director) and Anthony J. Rickert-Epstein (Guest Director)
    Official Site: cobraproductions.filmspace.biz
    Production: www.cobprofilms.com
    MySpace: /x3i

Blurb: The next generation of super heroes may be the last.

Fingerman: Dr. London and The Triangle Force aka Fingerman: The Movie
    By Cobra Productions (United States)
    Anthony J. Rickert-Epstein (Producer/Director)
    Production: www.cobprofilms.com
    MySpace: /fingermanthefilm

Blurb: Chris has a finger. Pray he doesn?t point it ay you.

Superheroes
    By AMF Productions (United States)
    Bryan Harley (Producer/Director)
    Production: www.amfproductions.com

Blurb: A comedic take on modern superhero films.

Set Two: Independent Films

The Gene Generation (still in post-production)
    By Middle Link Inc. and Ascension Pictures (United States)
    Keith Collea (Producer) and Pearry Reginald Teo (Director)
    Official Site: www.genegeneration.com
    MySpace: /genegeneration
    /hackingthegenegeneration

Blurb: A definitive bio-punk action thriller.

Akai
    By Geral Filmes (Brazil)
    Lucas Fazzio (Producer) and Carlos G. Gananian (Director)
    Production: www.geralfilmes.com.br
    Trailer: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihuq9F4352s

Blurb: A vampire?s slow progression from ennui into madness.

RECON 2020: The Caprini Massacre aka Power Corps.
    By Movie Seals Productions and Blood & Bullets Productions (Canada)
    Christian Viel (Producer/Director)
    Production: www.movieseals.biz
    Official Site: www.recon2020-movie.com

Blurb: Galactic Marines, as tough as they come.

The Call of Cthulhu
    By the H. P. Lovecraft Historical Society (United States)
    Sean Branney (Producer) and Andrew Leman (Director)
    Production: www.cthulhulives.org
    Official Site: www.cthulhulives.org/cocmovie

Blurb: The most influential tale gothic horror is brought to the silent screen.

3. Laszlo

Nov 9, 2006
    Right now we?re upgrading the old webpage into a new design but until that?s complete you can read the News Release I?ve typed up. The biggest change on the roster is that neither X3i: Divinity nor The Gene Generation will be shown as they will not be finished in time. In their stead we will present the feature-length German martial arts film Kampfansage: Der letzte Schüler (lit. Challenge: The Last Apprentice). On the whole we?ve been fairly successful getting films, even too successful as were a tad short on time, but that?s something we?ll work around; we are no longer accepting submissions.

The day is divided into two parts. The first set, at 11:00 am, will spotlight amateur movies with a ?less-than-no-budget? ethic, beginning with the theatrical premiere of our own UCF: Toronto Cybercide. The second set, starting in the afternoon, includes ?marginally higher than no budget? independent films. A collection of short films, sneak peeks and trailers will be also be presented thought the day.

The Palace Theater & Cafe
    2384 James Street
    Syracuse, N.Y.

Time: 11:00 am to 6:00 pm

Tickets: $5 (US)

4. Laszlo

Nov 9, 2006
    Save up your nickels kids! You'll need a hundred of 'em! Moviethon's this weekend.

5. Laszlo

Nov 9, 2006
    IMPORTATE UPDATE: Due to double-booking the event has been moved up from 11am-6pm to 3pm-10pm. While this time is more appropriate to a film festival, it is kind of a headache to deal with such a schedule change during crunch time. We?re sorry for any problems this will cause.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.