main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Announcing the Saga Essay Contest! [And the Winner is...ezekiel22x ]

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by ObiWan506, Jan 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    Where else should we discuss the winning essays?

The reason Qui-Gon wasn't there to free slaves is because Tattoine is outside of the Republic. A Jedi's duty is to keep peace and justice in the old Republic, not enforce the Republic's sense of morality outside of the Republic. To a large extent, they have to respect the way other societies on the outside have worked things out for themselves.

Perhaps this subject in iself could be a sequel essay in the "Insider/Outsider" franchise. :)

I do agree that there is a lot of "blame" to go around. It's certainly not all Anakin's "fault" however he did make his own choices.

2. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Where else should we discuss the winning essays?

I suppose I meant that since this thread was more an appreciation of all the essays, I didn?t want to start any lengthy discussion solely focusing on mine. That being said, I?ll post a brief continuation of the Qui-Gon issue in my actual essay thread if you or anyone else is interested in reading it, as that seems the most appropriate place for bringing up specifics dealing with the essay in question. :cool:

3. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Yes ezekiel, please continue discussion in your essay thread. It's currently a sticky.

:)

4. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    Go-Mer, all the essays have their own threads for discussion. ;)

5. JediFan421

JediFan421 Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2006
    Hats of ezekial you did an AWESOME job, my friend! And hats off (or helmets) to all winners of the Saga Essay Contest! Great Job Everyone!

6. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Adding my congratulations to the winner. Spot on analysis.

Can we hope to see another essay contest in the works very soon? I'd definitely like to see this continue.

7. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    We'll definitely be doing it again. As far as an exact time, we're not sure yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.