main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Announcing: The TFN Jedi Outcast Server

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Night4554, Nov 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Edward-

-Edward- Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 28, 2002
    yeah server appears to be down, any info?

by the way... is the server based in the USA? as its hosted by a well known UK server company

2. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    I think, if I remember right, it's based in New York.

3. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Not sure where to adress this, but do we have a stance w/ people using JCNGL tags?

Jedi-Jacen occasionally uses them. There's a semi-regular on the server named Shadoer, who has come to the boards and posted about twice specifically because of the server...Darth Omega has recently started playing quite a bit with us all as well.

So, do we let anyone add the clan tags? No one? Or do we just not really care? Just wondering if there's some "tag policy thingamabob" :p

4. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    meh, it's not like I really care about those tags. Well perhaps if I'm playing on theforce.net server. I wouldn't mind, but don't expect me to play with those name everytime.

For example I always use my secret name (n00b, with colours) in other serverss...

5. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    Me I don't really care. If the person is from the boards or plays on the server regularly then they are welcome to add the tag. It's not like we are a real clan. We're just a group of friends that like to play.

6. SirLancelot

SirLancelot Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2002
    i like the idea of tacking on [JCNGL] tags on our names. makes us easier to ID, plus it looks intimadating to have such a big tag :D

7. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    We've been doing it for a while. In fact since the server started up.

8. Prime_

Prime_ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2003
    I am new to the forums here (although I have lurked for some time), and I am a somewhat regular JO player. I came across this thread and I thought it might be fun to play with people around here. Is the server open to new players? I don't want to be an annoyance by just joining in, so I thought I'd check here first to see if I'd be welcome.

I tried looking at the server page to get the IP and port, but the page doesn't load properly for me for some reason. Could someone let me in on what the IP and port are? And is ther server usually full? How many players normally play? Anyway, any info would be appreciated.

Cheers :)

9. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    IP should be 193.218.99.209:27995 :)

Also, there are a few extra levels on the server, but they only are activated on ocasion, and I think only a mod can do it.

10. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    . Is the server open to new players? I don't want to be an annoyance by just joining in, so I thought I'd check here first to see if I'd be welcome.

The more the merrier. We love new faces round here. And from what I understand, the server is rarely full, but it is "booked out" from time to time.

11. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    And is ther server usually full?

During the week it's not really used much. We do play on the weekends mostly. Keep an eye on the JO weekly games thread as that is when we get a game going. Also we sometimes get games going through AIM.

12. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
  13. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
  14. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    I wish more people would play on the TFN server. Since I've been home for the summer, I lag almost everywhere, even the oE server, but I still get great pings on TFN.

15. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    I was playing earlier. If you see me on AIM just ask me if I want to play. I'll be home in about 2 weeks so I'll play more then.

16. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    I scanned JO servers yesterday and All Seeing Eye said TFN had a ping of 600 odd for me.

When I play RtCW in NZ servers ASE says a ping of 196 - when I get in I have from 220 - 400. So I guess I'll have worse in TFN than 600. :(

Only one way to test it though.

Also - I need to play bots to get all limbered up again. lol Had a quick game to show a mate JO and I was owned by Mon mothma / Storm trooper / etc :(

17. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Jeff...I will play you. I have two people I play regularly on the TFN server, and I love those guys, but two people can get boring after a while...I need fresh meat! I am online 25 hours a day, so IM me if you wanna play. :p Actually, this is not entirely true...but PM or IM me and lemme know a time you'd like to play, and more likely than not I will be available then. It's summertime, and I ain't got nothing but time on my hands. ;)

Today Wes and I tried to play, and the TFN server wasn't working! Maybe it's full?

Anyway, so we're tyring to set up a temp server...and failing miserably...I do wish they'd made MP easier with this game! [face_mad]

18. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Yeah...hate to say it, but your server seems to be shot :confused:

19. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    [image=http://www.yahooserious.com/accident/pics/bandaid.gif]

¤Night

20. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Have we lost it, or does that mean it's patched up and ready for action? :(

21. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    A few problems, but I think it's ok.

Anyway, to the reason why i'm here: Stay tuned for the announcement of the Jedi Academy server.

22. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Hmm. Wonder if the announcement will be "we're not getting one".

;)

23. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Well..the way I see it, the announcement is either

"ATTN: TFN gets Jedi Academy Server!!"

"ATTN: TFN *doesn't* get Jedi Academy Server...suckas!!!"

;)

24. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    OK, Q:

Is there any kind of restictions against flaming on the TFN server, and any way for them to be enforced?

Because it is a problem, when certain JCers who will not be named are on the server.

25. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    A number of the guys here are server admins, and anyone excessively swearing should be barred from playing, or at the least warned & given the chance to stop. The 'minimal swearing' rule is clearly stated on the TFn server page and the startup message.

PM Night4554 about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.