main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Annual Event Ideas - Star Wars Party

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by _erikstormtrooper_, Sep 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _erikstormtrooper_

_erikstormtrooper_ Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2006
    At the August meeting, Chris (TK8171) brought up the idea of a big annual event for us. He suggested a party, maybe at someone's house, where we can all get together, hang out, and watch a few of the Star Wars movies. This would be an informal party where everyone could bring some food and drinks. Family and friends would be welcome. Maybe we can bring some of our Star Wars stuff and do a sort of show-and-tell.

I've been thinking vaguely along these lines for a while now, but after throwing our ideas together I think we've come up with something that sounds pretty good and doable.

WHERE?
    Brian (Sith-Trooper) said we might be able to have it at his house. I think he lives up in the Kingwood area. Obviously this is not ideal for some people who may live to the west and south. So does anyone else more central have a house to offer?

WHEN?
    This is something we'd have to plan months in advance. So one of the first questions is when. My gut instinct is to say late fall or early spring, when the weather is nice and people can comfortably be outside if they want. But Fall is busy with lots of holidays, so I'm personally leaning toward early Spring.

So what do y'all think? Any other ideas? Do think you'd be likely to go?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.