main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Annual Event Ideas - Starting a New Con

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by _erikstormtrooper_, Sep 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _erikstormtrooper_

_erikstormtrooper_ Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2006
    Ian (TI1420) suggested that we could start to plan our own Star Wars / Sci-Fi conference here in Houston. It could start with just a few hotel rooms and conference rooms the first year, and possibly grow from there in the following years if it's a success.

It was also suggested that we could coordinate with some of the other sci-fi fans in town (Firefly, cosplay, Battlestar Galactica) to build a stronger base for the con.

2. ID6796

ID6796 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2009
    I am willing to devote time/energy to this. Where do we sign up?

3. _erikstormtrooper_

_erikstormtrooper_ Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2006
    At this point I guess Ian (TI1420) would be the best person to contact about this. Is that okay, Ian?

4. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    I'm talking to some con organizers and learning how to go about it. I do think that the best way to start is to just have an annual weekend party. As far as getting guests, acquiring sponsors/investors, cooperation with hotels, etc, there is certainly a lot to learn. I am always happy to hear ideas & suggestions. As we get into it, we'll need to have a specific group committed to meeting regularly to organize the endeavor.

5. ID6796

ID6796 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2009
    Some of the 501st was able to troup at a toy show this weekend. I am sure these guys would all be interested in getting booths at our Con. The guys running it where having to turn vendors away because the room was so small. The next one is going to be November 28th. I am sure we can get all of the vendors' contact info for our Con.

6. HANs_BAR_TAB

HANs_BAR_TAB Jedi Knight

Oct 1, 2007
    What? No ROBOTECH?!?

7. TK8171

TK8171 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2009
    I love Robotech!! We have to squeeze some of that in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.