main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Annual lHunger Walk

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Schph_Gochi, May 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    As most of you know, each year CF has been involved in the Greater Chicago Food Depository's Annual Hunger Walk and this year we are putting together a "CF Walking Team".

Some important information:

Date: Saturday-June 24, 2006 (yes..same day as Book Club Downtown...we plan to walk first and then head to Borders)
    Time: Registration begins at 8:00 AM - Step Off at 9:30 AM
    Place: Montrose Harbor - 4400 North at the Lakefront
    Entrance Fee: $20.00 (this money goes to the Food Depository)
    Parking: Access and parking is at the Montrose exit east of Lake Shore Drive...follow the signs...

So far our Chicago Force walking team includes:

JediAutobot: Our esteemed "el presidente"
    Thom Solo: our esteemed "whipping boy"
    Lt. Dak Ferris: our esteemed "el vice presidente"
    Schph Gochi: village idiot

So...who else would like to walk? The walk itself covers 2.5 miles in a loop along the Lake front...

If you are unable to walk, you can still participate by sending major funding for our walking team ...with the $ to be donated to the Food Depository...

As noted...make it a "full day" event...come out for the walk...stay for Book Club...and then join CF for the June event..which will be a movie....more on that to come...

I will have to get back to you on how to contribute $ to sponsor our CF team.....have to check with Autobot...

2. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Bumping back to page one.....

3. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I'll be at Hunger Walk. It's usually pretty fun.

Phil

4. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    I'm really looking forward to the Hunger Walk. If you haven't been to the lakefront in a while, or never been to Montrose Harbour, I encourage everyone to go out. It's always been nice weather, and it's so awesome to be by the lake on a nice day. Being a Western suburbinite, I don't go down and enjoy the lake as often as I should. It's really an awesome thing to live in a big city that has a lakefront that really isn't commercially developed.
    Thanks for going to court on Mr. Montgomery Ward!

5. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    A further note to everyone. After regestering, look for your fellow CF'ers by the coffee tent. We will be there warming up for the walk. Yeah, that's right, we will be warming up, not sprawled out sleeping or anything. ;)

6. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    The weather is supposed to be absolutely beautiful this Saturday...

7. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    being nerds, most CFers do need to warm up to do any walking--i know my leg muscles are essentially useless from too many hours sitting prostrate reading comics/surfing the web/playing videogames/watching movies/enjoying some peruvian marching powder.

8. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    After looking at expenses, I think I'm going to have to bow out from Hunger Walk this year. I'll still be at Book Club, though.

Phil

9. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    A good time was had by all....

Thom Solo was "fashionably late"...;)

....and I had to go screaming to my Jeep and get back to Mokena right after the walk....but it was a beautiful morning...

There is a photo of our esteemed President in these photos....

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/schphgochi/album?.dir=9a3f&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

Carrie brought Yoda with her! Cool!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.