main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo Annual MS Walk - Saturday, May 3

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Tori_Dakk, Apr 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tori_Dakk

Tori_Dakk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2002
    OK!!! LET'S DO SOMETHING FOR THIS!!!!

Here's the Route Option:
    Provo 4.1 miles Exchange Park
    700 West 900 North

Forming a Team
    Any group of four or more people can be a team! Organize friends and family, etc. Then, choose a team name and a teamcaptain or co-captains. Be sure that you and your teammates complete the team information on the attached form (I have that). We'll send you the tools to help you succeed.

Walking not required: we need volunteers, too
    Like walkers, volunteers may collect contributions and win great prizes.
    Complete the attached registration form and indicate your option to volunteer or register online at www.fightmsutah.org. For more information on volunteer opportunities, please visit our Web site or call 801-493-0113 or 800-527-8116.

Step 1. Register
    Complete and mail the registration form included here. (I wonder if you can do this via online.) In turn, we will send you contribution forms and detailed information to help get you going. Or, make it easy and try our wed registration and pledging system at www.fightmsutah.org.

Step 2. Request contributions
    To walk, it is suggested you collect a $40 minimum pledge. It is a good idea to begin today. Utah walkers raise an average of $147, but there is no limit to what youcan accomplish. top fundraisers win awesome prizes and we will send you information on how to make fundraising easier.

Step 3. Spread the word about new ways to fight MS
    Thanks to significant advaances in research, the FDA has approved several treatments that may alter the underlying disease course of multiple sclerosis, and early treatment is critically important. etc...

Step 4. Collect contributions
    Collecting contributions from your sponsors when they sign your contribution form will save time and add to the enjoyment of fundraising. If you have registered online, you can even request contributions to be made on our secure Web site. Then you will turn in your contributions on the day of the MS Walk. To be elgible for prizes, turn in your contributions to the Utah State Chapter no later than Saturday, May 3, 2003.

Step 5. Come to the MS Walk!
    The MS Walk is held in any weather. leace up your walking shoes, grab your contributions along with your forms, and come enjoy the day.

That's a lot of information I have here for you, I'm sure at the site you can find more if you have questions. The only thing is, we need to get people to commit to this and then help get sponsers. I think it would be best if we called up local stores and speak to the managers and ask for their contributions. I'd be willing to do whatever it takes to get this going. Also, when all the sponspers are willing to contribute, we need to get there and get the $ so we have it for the day of the walk. Another thing, we should have a meeting place (carpool purposes) to the start of the walk and group together and go as a group. please post if you are willing to do something such as volunteer or walk ASAP Also, PM or EMAIL if you have questions. This is only in 2 weeks and we can DO this!

If you go to the site, you can register there. Our team name is "Let's Walk." so make sure you join our team. :)

2. Tori_Dakk

May 3, 2002
    TEAM INFORMATION
    ---------------------------
    Let's Walk
    UTUWLETO01

3. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    Pleaaase support the MS walk, guys. If you can donate, it would be much appreciated.

My family is participating in it; my dad was diagnosed with MS several years ago. The MS society is an immense help in coping with the devastating effects of this illness. It's a very worthy cause.

4. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I can't! :( I can barely walk anywhere!

Dana

5. Renegade4E

Renegade4E Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2002
    I'm there!

I'll walk all y'all's butts off. LOL

6. navaren

navaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2001
    Trisha, I am sorry but I will not be able to attend. I will be in Southern Utah with my sister on Saturday.

7. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    Tori_Dakk:

Did I see you there? I thought I recognized you.

I was the tall guy wearing a little sister on his shoulders. Unfortunately, I couldn't walk, since I had a band festival at 11.

Anyway, thanks to everybody who went! I salute you for supporting a good cause!!

8. Tori_Dakk

May 3, 2002
    You may have seen me there, I was a Super Man shirt with a the Y instead for BYU and and yeah some jeans and something else. Man it was freezing!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.