main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Annual Picnic planning thread 2007

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Jun 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Hiya,

Mark your calanders! The Annual SWAP picnic will be on August 18 in South Park. We will be at the Lee Pavallion (no, that's not where we were last year, that one was booked. This was where we were a few years ago, for those of you that were members then, it was the pavallion where those two brats set fire to a log in the woods and the fire department came and all those in the surrounding pavaillions cheerfully pointed out the two jerks who started it) So sign up for what you'll bring! Don't forget, this event is open to the families of SWAP! So bring along your relatives and significant other so they can meet the strange folks you spend so much time with!

When: Saturday, Aug 18, start at noon, end whenever
    Where: Lee Pavillion, South Park.

Directions: Coming FROM Pittsburgh on Route 88 towards South Park.
    Go into the park on Corrigan Drive.
    At the light, turn LEFT onto McConkey.
    At the top of the hill, turn LEFT onto Sesqui (the wave pool will be on your right)
    Turn RIGHT into the road which leads down to the pavillion. Lee is number 45.

Grill/charcoal/spatuals
    Paper plates/cups/plasticwear/napkins - Pawnnolonger
    hamburgers -- Tradmic/Superchill
    hotdogs -- Greencat
    veggie burgers -- Greencat
    condiments (cheese, ketchup, mustard, pickles) -- Tradmic/Superchill
    buns -- Tradmic/Superchill
    Soft drinks -- Greencat
    Salad of some sort -- BonMothma
    side dish
    chips/pretzels
    dessert
    fancy SW themed cake -- Tradmic

Games and activities

BYOC (Bring a camp chair/folding chair, if you have one or two or forty-two)

2. MomMaster

MomMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2006
    May I make one observation?
    __ Last year, no one brought chairs and all the picnic benches were taken by just sitters and there was not enough tables free to play games on.

If everyone brought a camp or folding chair to sit on, the tables would be free for games and eating on.

Unless of course this pavilion has more than 3 tables?

3. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Good idea, we'll add camp chairs to the list. BYOC (Bring your own chair) :D

4. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Should we also add some bleacher seats? You know, for those folks who want to see me play Epic Duels. :D

5. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    Epic Duels Spectators

Ok, I'm going to offer to do the cake. Just keep in mind that it may end up being pronounced "Trash Compactor" :p
    and also, it will Cake+ that's all I'm saying.

If you want, we could get the big Whopper-type burgers and buns from BK and also some chicken, as well as various condiments compliments of the Creepy King.

:)

6. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Tradmic, you and Superchill are down for Fancy SW themed Cake, Burgers and buns and possibly chicken.

Hmmmm, do you think we'll need some security to control the papparatzzi and legion of fangirls that will be flooding the area in an attempt to see Three Time Epic Duels Champion Fluke Groundrunner?

7. BonMothma

BonMothma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    I don't know what kind yet, but I'll bring a salad of some sort.

8. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    We could have Official Pics send some people to watch the lines. Maybe they can receive some free picnic food in exchange for their services?

9. Mrs_Darth_Agony

Mrs_Darth_Agony Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2003
    Just thinking out loud here.. but would it be considered cheating if you sign up to bring the cake and then go to walmart and order a sheet cake with a star wars kit lol?

I'm not gonna put in our RSVP just yet 'cuz I have no idea if we're gonna come or not just yet.

10. MomMaster

Apr 4, 2006
    I'll gladly pay for some plastic tablecloths if someone who was going to be there first thing would get them and put them on the tables? It's so much nicer! you know, the thin ones used for grad parties?

Other than that, I'm still thinking about what to bring. Tradmic really brought lots of YUMMY food last year and we all attacked it! I'd like to bring a baked Pasta dish but it needs to be eaten warm so I'm not sure how to keep it that way. I could take it right out of the oven before we come.

11. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    You could get some of those foil things with the rack and burners. They have them at party stores, pretty cheap. I might even have some around here somewhere.

Oh, and I have some of the plastic tablecloths from the NE banquet. how many do you think we need?

Games:

greencat, didn't you say you bought a pinata?

I have a Ki-Adi ring toss and some other new games, including Pin the Trophy on the Epic Duels champion. Problem is, I don't know whether to make the print of Fluke, ben_ethus, or just print all of our faces and see who wins.

EDIT: I had a vision of this year's picnic

12. MomMaster

Apr 4, 2006
    How do you put a link in and change the name like: "here"

13. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    type 'here' and highlihgt it, then click on the link button and insert the url.

14. MomMaster

Apr 4, 2006
  15. MomMaster

Apr 4, 2006
    Hey! it worked! thanks!

This is my 3rd prize for the SW Celebrity. An Illusive Original. "Darth Vader Reveals Anakin Skywalker"

I will be posting in on e-bay. I just can't keep it!

16. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Based on a quick google search, you may actually be able to get several thousand dollars for that. I could be way off though, so don't plan that trip to the beach just yet!

17. Pawnnolonger

Pawnnolonger Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2005
    I'm new, but I think I can make this, I can bring the cups plates and silverware type things and anything else my job at costco can provide.

18. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
  19. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I'll bring hotdogs, veggie burgers and soft drinks.

Still lots of stuff to be brought. :) We still need a grill.

20. MomMaster

Apr 4, 2006
    We'll bring Hot pasta dish if it's a cool day and a cool side if it's a hot day.
    So far. Also, something else...still thinking....veggies maybe....
    I'll check back again!

21. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    I'm bringing some awesome candy, foods, and games. Well, mainly candy. Still...

I have no grill.

22. StrangeWings

StrangeWings Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2005
    I will measure tommorow and as long as my grill fits in my truck I can bring mine. No it's not that big I have a cap on the truck and I really don't want to lay the grill down on it's side. I would have to empty it out.

23. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    Burger King has generously donated:

30 Whoppers
    18 Grilled Chicken
    50 Large-sized buns
    Single serve condiments

Now we've gotta make sure we have a grill for 'em ;)

New raffle prize added - Extra large Frownies poster!

24. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    i have that portable grill somewhere. I'm not sure if i can make it or not, but if not i will get the grill to greencat before the picnic.

25. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    You better just make it! We <3's joo

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.