main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Annual Picnic Planning Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Jun 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    There have been a decent amount of kids in the past.

2. MomMaster

MomMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2006
    What time are the grills being fired up for cooking or what time is everyone eating--lunchish or dinnerish time?
    Is there enough hamburgers ect. for everyone? It looked like only one person was bringing the meat?

3. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I will bring the burgers. How many should I bring? I'll also try to bring some veggie burgers to accomadate everyone. Darth Agony is bringing hotdogs. Feel free to bring other items to cook on the grill if you'd like.

As far as cooking goes, I don't really know what time we'll start. If you have a prefered eating time then just let me know.

4. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Honestly it depends when people start rolling in. We usually start cooking once things get settled and setup.

5. MomMaster

MomMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2006
    OK... we won't eat lunch at home!

6. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Will 20 hamburgers be a good amount, or not enough? I just don't want to buy too many.

7. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I would do 25 just to be safe.

8. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Just an FYI... we're bringing the buns, and I'm pretty sure there's 24 hamburger buns. 3 packs of 8. There's a similar number of hot dog buns, I think. I forget the exact numbers.

We wasn't sure how much was enough, but that's what we settled on.

Hopes that helps,
    Yours Truly

9. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Ok thanks. I'll try to have 24 with a couple of veggie burgers included.

10. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    Does this place have electricity? Can I bring a cd player?
    I thought I said I was bringing a veggie tray and it turns out I didn't. So I almost cut my fingers off for nothing.
    Yinz better like veggies.

11. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    I believe that there are electrical outlets.

12. dlocke

dlocke Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2005
    Is there anything else that we need? I dont know what to bring and I definately think that I am coming now..

13. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    FYI to just to let people know. I will be there with the grill around noon.

14. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    Hey guys. I should be getting out of work around 5:30, and I'll be heading down straight from there. I'll give a call to see if anything is needed, even though it might be a bit late.
    Also, are there any kind of directions to the pavillion, or the park in general?

15. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    There are directions in greencat's first post in this thread.

16. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Directions can be found here

Those will get you to the park and greencat's will get you to the pavillion. Sorry about the lateness of these.

17. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    How fun! So much food, three cakes, a pinata, blasters, zap game, padded 'lightsabers, more food, Tina locking her keys in her car (second time in three days), nerf football-baseball game, Epic Duels, Queen Amidala at the grill, and Yoda Soda. Afterwards, some of us headed out to Carnivore's for food and socializing.

I'll have the pics up soon.

18. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    Just to let you know, those deathsticks were free the first time around, but next event, bring cash. [face_skull]

Carnivores was fun even though I was tired. BTW when you all get around to adding me as a character in this AU... do I have to die at the Temple when Anakin kills the younglings? That storyline would not be believable, as I would have totally whooped him. Therefore the only logical storyline is that I was not on duty when it happened. Tina and Obi's children drove me nuts and I was on leave. I don't know...or maybe I went evil before that or something. My character should be somehow paired up with Maul or Vos, or both. Maybe I hooked up with Khaleen before Order 66, you know, to help out with the baby til we found out if Vos survived.

I'm glad you didn't just state that everyone played with balls, but specified nerf football/baseball, as I'm fairly sure this specification and use of the word "balls" is legal under the new Order 67.:D

19. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    yeah i'm an airhead alright!!! Mock Me!

but yeah the picnic was fun. and no you don't have to die...any strange combination of my and obi-wan's genetics would be enough to drive anyone nuts.

maybe having my kids in the creche caused you to turn to the darkside!

and the nerf-football game was great...i totally won.

20. dlocke

dlocke Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2005

hehehehee.. you said balls

21. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Did I miss some balls jokes after the picnic?

22. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    [image=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a187/TRADMIC/GIFS%20AND%20LOOPS/officespacememo.jpg]

You're all so banned.lol

http://boards.theforce.net/communications/b10006/24795145/p1/?180
    http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=24824308&brd=10008&start=24824633
    http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=24824492&brd=10008&start=24824510
    http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=24823290&brd=10008&start=24824461

23. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    A. Fluke the broken link and the side scrolling is killing me on that post up there.

B. I should have the pics from my camera on my photobucket account once the stupid upload thingy stops being stubborn.

C. Wish me luck on my new job tomorrow.

24. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    A. Annoying scrolling text will be down soon... and replaced by multicolored blinking lights [face_devil]

C. Knock em dead.

I actually did not receive the memo on the use of balls. Perhaps if it had contained a cover sheet, I would have read it! It's a little over the top I think.

25. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    *gack* on the Balls issue. How silly. The minimum age is 13 around here. That's PG, not G. :rolleyes:

There's an ultra conservative streak in the Powers the Be of theforce.net that sometimes just drive me nuts. (is it still okay to say nuts? Is that offensive? Is that now considered a very naughty word?)

Anyway, good luck with the job interview, Rox.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.