main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Annual SF Fan Force picnic

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Tatooinepadme, May 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Callisto_DAerisian

Callisto_DAerisian Jedi Knight star 2

May 26, 2005
    i heart eva... [face_love] thanks lady!!! we are stoked to see you and everyone! my husband and his brother are coming too, and his bro will prolly bring his biker scout outfit! anyone else dressing up?

don't forget it's gale (ms skywalker)'s 40th bday on the 24th! (now, now G. age ain't nuthin but a number)

yaaay! beer and brats (bratwursts)!

thanks ali and rob and rachel and everyone!!

2. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I will being some burgers and some condiments (katchup, mustard, dill relish). I'm not bringing hamburger buns though, so someone else will need to pick those up.

Can anyone bring something for shade?

New weather forcast is now predicting about 80 deg for Sunday.

3. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    So, is it going to be Lake Elizabeth?

Well, no matter. I don't think I can make it this weekend, having bouts of just running out of energy very early in the day, which means I need to take a nap.

4. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    I can bring hamburger buns Alison. I got talked into working late Sunday afternoon so I will only be able to stay a few hours. But it will be nice to see everyone.

5. krissy1kenobi

krissy1kenobi Jedi Youngling

Feb 12, 2010
    I'm a 90% YES for this, and I will bring some chips! I can also bring something to drink (maybe not everyone wants beer?) let me know....

6. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Krissy- glad you'll probably be able to make it! Yes, drinks would be great. I will be bringing cold water, but I am
    sure that people will apreciate options other than water and beer. :)

Anne- I'm sorry you won't be able to make it. It's totally understandable, though. It's really hard to do things with low energy, and your health certainly needs to come first.

7. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Thanks. And, I really hate to miss Robert's BBQ'd ribs! They are to die for!

8. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    I should get there before 9:00 so I'll have the ribs and the briquettes. hopefully I'll have the portable gas grill with me in case we need it. I have a ton of plates and utensils leftover from the last time.

9. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    Okay, sorry everyone. My keeping up with the picnic conversation has been real spotty...it looks like most foods are covered?? So, unless anyone thinks of a better idea I'm gonna help out with Robert on the ribs, and bring something like soda or fruity to drink since I see water and beer listed already. See you all Sunday. :)

oops, okay Krissy's bringing drinks...hmm...ribs and ?

10. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    Anne, if you want to bring some salad, like fruit salad or macaroni salad. Or maybe some desserts. I am thinking of bringing the left over smores supplies I have from camping. Also, maybe some cookies or something.

11. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Current list of who is bringing what:

Ribs, charcoal, plates and utensils - Rob
    Potato salad - Gale
    Brats and beer - Sharon Rose
    chips and other drinks - Krissy
    dessert, hamburger buns - Rachel
    fruit salad - Anne M.
    burgers, condiments (katchup, mustard, dill relish only), cold water - Alison

I'm wondering if the food selection is balanced enough? We have 3 meat dishes, but for other food only chips, potato salad and dessert. Is that enough variety for people? Or should I bring some alternate side dish instead of burgers? Or would people prefer the meat dishes and be happy with the current sides?

Who else is coming? I know there were a couple of people on the fence (Eva, Kathy), and a few people who participated in the picnic discussion but haven't posted for sure they are coming or what they would bring (Tom, Russ).

I will also bring an extra table, in case we need it. I have access to an umbrella for shade, but I really don't know if it would work at the park - I don't know how to get it to stand up. I have a picnic table umbrella, or could borrow a beach/sand umbrella. But neither would be easy to get to stand up on their own at a grassy park... anyone else have something easy for shade?

12. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Date: Sunday, June 27
    Time: start at 11:00AM

Park Location:

Central Park at Lake Elizabeth
    40000 Paseo Padre Pkwy.
    Fremont, CA 94538

Google Map
    Park Property Map

It looks like there are picnic areas scattered throughout the park. I don't think we will know ahead of time which area we will be at. I guess we will have to play it by ear, and call each other to find the exact table location when we get there. If we don't have your cell phone number (or you don't have one of ours, ie Rachel, Alison or Rob), please contact us via pm or email to exchange numbers.

13. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    There's a good idea. I'll bring fruit salad.

14. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Fruit salad sounds yummy. I will stick with the burgers, then.

15. krissy1kenobi

krissy1kenobi Jedi Youngling

Feb 12, 2010
    So how many people are going? I bought two bags of chips (plain and Doritos) and a box of CapriSuns (so there are 10, I love those, and they are so convenient!) I will see you all tomorrow then!

16. Nebelwerfer

Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2008
    I gave a watermelon to someone who will drive it there to the picnic. I dunno if i will make it as of yet.

17. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Good question! It's always good to try to judge how much food and drink is needed. :)

In this case, anyone who is coming needs to have posted by now. So, our attendance list should be the list of people in my post above who are bringing stuff - Rob, Gale, Sharon, you, Rachel, Anne M. and myself. Sharon said her husband and his brother would be joining them. That's a total of 9 people. It sounds like Tom and Eva are on the fence, so it could go up to 11. I talked with Kathy yesterday, and unfortunately she won't be able to make it. I know that Russ posted earlier to vote on location, but I haven't heard anything since then. Maybe he and Gabby are still coming? I'm not sure. If they do that would make it 13.

So, we should have around 9 people, with the possibility of it going up to 13.

18. irishjedimaster

irishjedimaster Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2010
    sorry about that, yeah. Well, sort of yeah. Im coming, alone. I think chewy and his wife and 2 kids are coming to, but im not sure. We will bring an assortment of things, I suppose.

19. Todca_Muoak

Todca_Muoak Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2010
    I didn't even know that there was a SF part to this board!

I need to explore so much more.

If I had found this sooner, I would have come out and played!

20. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Cool. Glad that you and Charles and his wife will be able to make it. See you there in a bit!

Welcome to the SFFF boards, Todd! I'm glad you found us. We have meetings on a sometimes-monthly basis, as well as other activities and events, so there is always a next time. In the meantime, please feel free to introduce yourself on our intro thread here and to join in on our conversations here on the boards. We look forward to hopefully meeting you soon!

21. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    I just want to thank everyone who was able to make it out to the picnic today. It was nice to see everyone, even if it was a bit on the warm side. I guess that's better than being cold right? At least we had some shade and a breeze. Alison, your water was much appreciated. Here is looking forward to many more events in the future. We can always do an end of summer picnic as well.

22. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Yees, great to see so many new faces!

23. Callisto_DAerisian

Callisto_DAerisian Jedi Knight star 2

May 26, 2005
    BIG THANKS to rob for getting there early and getting the best table. much appreciated, man!
    it was super hot and missed a bunch of folks but glad to see everyone who made it and eat, drink and be merry together :)
    for the next picnic i vote for sf.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.