main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON Annual YJN Christmas Party

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Yebbed-Crage, Nov 3, 2005.

?

Annual YJN Christmas Party

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Before Christmas

25.0%
  2. After Christmas but before New Years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. After New Years

75.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yebbed-Crage

Yebbed-Crage Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    I looked at previous years, and we have always had the Annual YJN Christmas Party after Christmas, sometimes even after New Years. I want to get a date picked so I can start getting things organized, but need to know when it is best for most people. Please enter the poll and let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.

2. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    We are good for before or after Christmas-New Years...that whole chunk of dats we are AWOL to the parents.

Didn;t we have it before Christmas last year?

3. Yebbed-Crage

Jun 3, 2001
    From what I can tell with the posts, we had it January 8th last year.

4. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    well hey that works lol.

I think Post New years would be best...just after the holiday rush :)

5. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    isn't it kind of odd to have christmas parties after christmas?

6. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Isn;t it odd to have them before?

7. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    no. Christmas decorations go out before christmas and christmas parties go on before christmas.

8. Yebbed-Crage

Jun 3, 2001
    I don't mind when we have it, but just need to know what would be best for everyone else to attend. Everyone is always busy with their own families and other get togethers, so we need to see what is best for everyone's schedules.

9. Sabia_Ronit

Sabia_Ronit Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2003
    I found that it worked out so much better for any post-Christmas Christmas parties. Before Christmas is just far too busy for so many people. I don't think it's odd to have it after Christmas at all. It's just so much more relaxed then.

10. Sabia_Ronit

Mar 12, 2003
    oops, double post

11. TC-5986

TC-5986 Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2005
    I voted preferably before christmas, but it's fine otherwise.

12. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    I am fine either way as long as I know long enough in advance to get that time off, Or work the day that I only have to see clients in the morning.

13. _Superman_

_Superman_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2005
    alot of people who are either in school or have kids in school may have problems with before christmas since classes are going until the 23rd this year

14. Yebbed-Crage

Jun 3, 2001
    Only 5 people have voted so far. Could we please have a showing from some more members and friends?? Thanks!! :)

15. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I haven't voted because I don't care when it is. I already know there is only a 50% chance of my being able to make it anyways, so I'm just waiting to see what the majority decide upon.

16. Yebbed-Crage

Jun 3, 2001
    How is January 7th for everyone?

17. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Works for me :)

18. jadepadawan

jadepadawan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2002
    Perfect, right before I go back to school-I'm in, provided I can find a place to crash for the night

19. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    The 7th actually works for me as well

20. Chymaera

Chymaera Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2005
    I'm not officially a member of YJN, but if friends are invited too, I'd like to come and meet some new friends. :) Moved here from Montreal last year.

(I'm relatively new to FanForce, and I'm not really sure what my membership status is. Can I belong to more than one group? Regionally, I probably belong to Halton or Toronto. So far, the activities that I've attended have been in Toronto and Buffalo. I can usually attend activities in the Golden Horseshoe/Windsor Corridor area.)

Jan 7 is good for me, weather permitting. Old car, no snow tires. Hour and a half drive.

--Lynda

21. Dimi_Starr

Dimi_Starr Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2005
    Hey Lynda.

Nice to see you on the boards. Dan and I should actually be a part of the halton group, but we jump around from Halton, Toronto, and Niagara. So yeah, you can be part of more then one group.

And Deb.. I am sure Dan and I would love to come for the christmas party, but I haven't voted because until I see my work schedual, I have no idea what day is good. Mostly, I am just waiting to see what day is chosen, and then I will book it off, or get someone to cover my shift. Oh, is the party kid friendly again this year? If so.. then most likely the four of us will be there.

Samantha

22. Chymaera

Chymaera Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2005
    Hey Samantha:

I really hope you and Dan and your girls can come to the Niagara party. :)
    Thanks for reassuring me that I can belong to multiple groups. I, too, hope to be participating events in the Halton, Toronto, Niagara, and Buffalo areas.:)

--Lynda

23. Yebbed-Crage

Jun 3, 2001
    Ok, finally back on the boards.

I like the response for the 7th, so let's plan the party for then. I would love some volunteers for helping with any arrangements and also for a clean up crew afterwards. We also need a list of food that people are able to bring for the celebration.

This is a great start for the party, but I will soon start a new thread with all the details. :)

Oh, and yes, the party is kid friendly. :)

24. Sabia_Ronit

Mar 12, 2003
    I am willing to help with planning and clean-up. It would be a fun break from studying. :D

We will be bringing Veggie Squares (a cold, pizza-ish dish) and Chocolate fudge or a YJN/SW cake.

25. Dimi_Starr

Dimi_Starr Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2005
    as long as I have the day off, and all that, then Dan and I (and kids of course) will be there. And I can bring Lasagne.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.