Anoka Halloween Parade - Sat Oct 29th!

Discussion in 'Twin Cities, MN' started by mirax80, Oct 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA

star 4
    Hello everyone, it's that time of year again!

Halloween!
    [face_pumpkin]

Yes, that's right, The Minnesota Fan Force is doing the Anoka Halloween Parade again this year! We have sent in the paperwork, but as of yet, we have not heard of our position number (but I will update this as soon as we find out).

Just a little info on what's going on. The Halloween parade is always the Saturday before Halloween, so this year we are looking at the 29th. Normally the parade officially starts at 1pm, but this year the MNFF is looking to get together a little earlier (say about 10am-ish) to have a grill/cook-out ahead of time. And please take into account our luck with past years at the parade, so be prepared for anything! (more exact info to be posted later)

And it looks like we are using RebAdams7's place again for a car drop off point for carpooling. And carpooling is highly encouraged because of the limited parking that is up around the parade area. You can PM Reb for directions to her place. But bigger sized vehicals are recommened to haul people from the end of the parade route to the begining to pick up any left over vehicals.

And why does this involve you? Because it does! We are looking for all people to show up! We need costumers and non-costumers alike! We need people to carry the banner, hand out candy, and just to represent us in general. Jedi can hand out candy pretty well, but stormtroopers... not so much. And having non-costumed personal hand out candy allows those in costumes to not get bogged down way over on one side of the street or another (see, if we have someone in costume waaay over on the left side of the street, people over on the right can't see the workmanship of the costume!)

Costume people are required by thier specific groups to be in full costume. 501st must have all parts of armor and helmets on during the parade. Rebel Legion must have all parts of thier respected costume on during the parade. No bathrobe Jedi, no sneakers, no store bought costumes (ie: Rubies), no partial costumes, no "earthly" looking clothes (ie: jeans, visible t-shirts w/logos, no bling-bling jewelry) , etc... ya'll know the rules.

Non-costume people are highly recomended to have a MNFF t-shirt or sweatshirt on during the parade or Star Wars apparel. If you don't have any MNFF stuff, arrangements can be made to get one on loan to you, or apparel can be found HERE. And once again for the next month and a half, the "Hoodie Sweatshirts" only have the front text changed to say "This IS my costume!" (both the adult and *new* kids sizes!)

I know this is alot to read, but this is a huge event for us. If you have ANY questions, feel free to PM myself (mirax80), Doright, TK7554, or RebAdams7 for more information.

Also, a thread is now started for sign-up of who's coming, that can be found Here in the Event Planning Forum.

Here's hoping to see you all at the parade!!!

Your friendly neighborhood CR:
    mirax80
  2. mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA

star 4
    Hey, we've got an impressive list already of peeps showing up, let's make this a great year and try to get everyone to come!!

So far we have:

Mirax80 - Pilot w/carfighter
    Doright - Pilot
    Lettea - Scout Trooper
    Monstahhh) - Jedi
    Darth Gavin - Sith
    TK7554 - Trooper
    Siths Herald - Maul
    Eki Colta - Corrilian Jedi
    axraupp - Tropper
    IndustrialSizeEd - Pilot
    Lady Starhawk - Sidious
    bocrebjedi - hmmm WHAT?
    I five - Support Staff
    Mira Halcyone - Support Staff
    MFalcon - Pilot
    TK4376 (Franz) - Vader
    Little Franz's - Little Clones
  3. REBADAMS7 Jedi Master

star 4
    Division 3 unit 4!!!!!!
  4. mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA

star 4
    Awesome news! Thx REB!
  5. mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA

star 4
    Just a reminder, if everyone coming could bring a bag of candy to hand out - that'd be awesome!!!

Then that way just one or two people aren't dropping alot of $$ to get all the candy.

Thank you!!

[face_pumpkin]
  6. mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA

star 4
    DON'T FORGET!

The parade is THIS saturday!!!!

w00t!
  7. mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA

star 4
    Just 2 more days!

And I'm bringing a little suprize of my own! :eek: [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_pumpkin] [face_skull]

[face_beatup]
  8. mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA

star 4
    Alrighty all you peeps! I'm offline in about 15 mins... so for those who are coming - See you there!!!

For those who can't make it, I'm sure we'll start getting pics up in the next couple of days and I'll post the links here!

Then it'll FEEL like you where there with us! :D

9. mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA

star 4
    (some) pics are up!

Anoka 2005 Parade!

Keep in mind - these are ONLY MY Digi pix!
    The couple of rolls of film that I shot will be up in a couple days.
    And if anyone else has pics, I'll try to post the links here.
  10. Yoda_ate_Mirax Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sorry I couldn't make it.

Who's the cute droid?? ;)
  11. Minnesota_Jones Jedi Knight

star 3
    Great Pictures! Looks like you had a wonderful time! Wish I could have been there with you all.
  12. TK-7554 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sunshine? Mild weather? At the Anoka Parade? It must have all been a dream!
    :eek:

Truly though, it was a great event and everyone looked phenomenal! Always fun! High hopes for ideal weather next year as well! [face_praying]

Sorry you couldn't make it, but we'll be seeing you soon, Mike! :D
  13. mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA

star 4
    Hey kids! Finally got the last of the Anoka parade pics uploaded!

Anoka 2005 Parade

Enjoy!
  14. DonOfTheDead Jedi Padawan

Well, nice to see you folks in my neck of the woods!

We just moved to Anoka from Champlin, I moved here because it is the Halloween capital of the world!
    I'm a block off Main St. on Monroe.

Don't worry, in 06' you'll know me by my yard display....and you will fear me.

Don of the Dead
    AKA
    The Devils Ewok
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.