main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark ANother Costuming Event! Sept 16 We've been asked back!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by ChaseKeJac, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChaseKeJac

ChaseKeJac Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2006
    The event at the library went so well they asked us back! It will be at 2pm on Saturday, Sept. 16, whcih someof us can ue this as our DragonCon showing since some of us are saving for C4. If anyone has any questions, please ask. The kids really want to see more of us and it'll be alot more coordinated this round!
    The kids are BEGGING for us to show up again!

Chase-Drago-Chad

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Sounds like a plan :) Even better due to being on a weekend! :D

3. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    that is great. well i am there. sam is now bugging me to make him a costume. he wants to be darth impaler. we threw around several names finally settling on impaler. he just read dracula by stoker. we sat down and drew it all out.

4. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Sweeet! A fellow Darksider! [face_devil]

[face_laugh] Kids are the greatest!

5. ChaseKeJac

Mar 5, 2006
    RedHanded_Jill if Sam needs some help with a saber, I would be happy helping him make one for his Sith Lord. Oh, and hit the Wal Mart on Albert Pike for some Monks Cloth fabrid for his robe, is looks killer!

6. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Cool! Glad it went well. Sorry I wasn't there. I really wanted to be.

7. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    Sounds like a plan :) Even better due to being on a weekend!...

Oh, I heard that! Evening classes Monday - Thursday at that time! I will certainly try to make it.

Lavenderrose73 @};-

8. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Lavenderrose...

Can you drive as far as Hot Springs? I thought that was part of the reason you can't work. (Not being able to drive in traffic.) The traffic through Benton is pretty much worse than what you drove in to get to Baptist.

Hope you can handle it.

It's about an hour and forty-five min. drive.

Bacon

9. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Just let us know when it will be!

10. ChaseKeJac

Mar 5, 2006
    It's Sat. Sept. 16th at 2pm. I ask for everyone to be there a little early to change. I'm going to provide some drinks and stuff for us and the library will help out too.

Everyone, especially the kids are really wanting another turnout. They went on and on about the Jedi and our lone Storm Trooper.

11. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Hmmm... I just realized that my birthday is a Friday!!![face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

So, I should still be able to make this "gig"

Heck, I might already be in town. I like to stay at the Arlington on my birthday...or at least I used to...

See you there.

Glad they are willing to have us back.

12. ChaseKeJac

Mar 5, 2006
    I would like to keep this thread fresh as it's probably our next outing. It'll be for kids mostly.

13. RedHanded_Jill

Nov 16, 2004
    some of the kids that went go to the school i teach at, well they go to the elementary. sam knew them and cannot wait to wear his new sith costume.

14. ChaseKeJac

Mar 5, 2006
    We've already got alot of people signing up for this. Remember, it's on a Sat.!

15. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Bump.

Shameless attention to remind everyone about this event coming up.

And, it just happens to be the day after my birthday:D

16. ChaseKeJac

Mar 5, 2006
    The people and kids of the library are wondering how many we will have with us. I would like to know if everyone or who everyone is thats coming. We need troopers and jedi, but no need for a Vader for this event.
    Please let me know as soon as possible.

17. Enderan

Enderan Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2006
    I wouldn't mind participating. Give me some more information and I'd be happy to participate.

18. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    So far Chad it looks like we will be a go for this one its on the calander so we dont over book. So thats 1 Blackhole Trooper, 1 Biker Scout and 1 Anakin.

19. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Enderan:

We go to the Garland Co. Library (in Hot Springs) in costumes and then go into the meeting room where there's lots of kiddos and talk to them about Star Wars/Costuming/Prop Making..etc.

This is ChaseKeJac's event (he co-ordinted it) so, send him a pm and he'll be able to tell you more.

[face_pig]

PS. You don't have to have a costume...

20. Enderan

Enderan Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2006
    I actually have a costume... Well, most of one anyway. I have a Jedi robe, and tunic but I need more pants, a belt and some boots. I'll have to check my wife's calander on the 16th but I might be able to go with.

21. ChaseKeJac

Mar 5, 2006
    Yeah, if ANYONE has a question, PM me! I'm glad so many people are interested in coming, and I have a ......special suprise.

22. RedHanded_Jill

Nov 16, 2004
    sam and i are coming. that would be one jedi and one sith. bj, if your birthday is the day before then my hubby and you share the same birthday.

i have got to sew on the bloodstripes before the event. without it i feel naked. what is a corellian without the bloodstripes.

23. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    [face_batting] Ohh ohh! A surprise? [face_dancing] Oh boy! [face_mischief]

24. ChaseKeJac

Mar 5, 2006
    Hey everybody!
    Don't forget, 1 week from today is the event. Kids were coming up to me at the library asking me who's going to be there! The kids are so excited and we even had an article in the Sentinel Record that promo'd it well!
    The surprise is confirmed for this Sat. also. The program starts at 2 pm. I will be there at 1 pm to help show everyone where to dress at. Picture time will be from 3 until when everyone decides to leave.

Thanks everybody!
    Chad

25. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Bump. As it is this weekend!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.