main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Another exciting Monday... How's yours?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Commander_Choad, Jun 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    Off to work on monday morning...
    travelling on the I-10, in the commuter lane at 0darkhundred - doing about 70 or so... front left tire goes BANG!! and resembles a small death star, post luke that is...

This is bad... so I throw the signal on to get over - people keep cutting me off... throw on the hazards - still cutting me off... some kind samaritan then shepherds me over to the shoulder... waves... and keeps going...

By the time this has happened, the tire has shredded itself almost completely...

Ok - time to change the tire...
    Jack? check
    Tire Iron? Check
    Spare? Check
    Jack handle... uh oh...

Manage to work the jack by using the tire iron to poke through the nifty little hole at the end... takes a good 7-8 minutes to jack... get the tire off, put the spare on...

Waitaminnit... Spare tire... is DEFLATED!

*sigh*

I have a compressor - the switch is falling off the cord... no electricity=no air in tire...

I jury rigged that switch so good that Han would be proud... got it inflated... it holds air... then another 5-6 minutes to jack down...

End result? 35 minutes late to work...

Fneh...

Anyone having a better day?

2. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    Well I'm pretty much ready for my whole week to be as depressing as my weekend was. Monday is not disappointing me so far.

3. wardenx

wardenx Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 23, 2003
    Nope, Choad. That's about a hundred times worse than mine. LOL Sorry for you, bro. No problem with the powers that be? They ok with your reason for tardiness?

4. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    I had a blowout on the way home from Denver last night at midnight. the tire is in shreds...got the donut on though and made it the rest of the way back to the Springs...now to buy new tire(s)...BLEH (re: my post on the denver board, hehe).

what's w/ all the blowouts lately? fenig just had one the other day, a buddy of mine had one on the way up to denver saturday...what the frell is going on??

5. Jedi_Webb

Jedi_Webb Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    Choad, that sucks dude! I thought I was having a bad day... I suddenly feel much better in comparison. Hope your day improves, after a morning like that, it would be hard for it to get much worse.

6. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    I found out my coworker's in the hospital with E. coli 0157:H7 poisoning. And people wonder why I always wear my gloves at work.

7. Master_R0nin

Master_R0nin Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2002
    I almost badly injured a customer today.

Was bringing him his over-the-range microwave (read: REALLY BIG BOX), turned to put it in a cart and knocked over a furniture dolly. Well, the dolly hit a fridge first, but then nailed the customer in the aikeles tendon (sp?). Luckily he wasn't upset, just limping.

8. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Day late: Traveling unable to check the boards. :p

Not as bad a Choad, though.

Hope your Tuesday is better than your Monday.

9. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    My Tuesday wasn't. I was on my own in the lab again. Then we went and worked on cleaning up my apartment. I'm so tired and sore. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.