main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Another expansion, Another streak of bad luck.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by youngvader, Aug 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. youngvader

youngvader Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 21, 1999
    Well folks, I did it again. Another expansion and some more crapy boxes. I wish Decashpher would do something about the distribution.

I don't remember being happy after hopening boxes for any expansions since Cloud City. For Tatooine, I wanted Padme badly and did not get one on 2 boxes and 1/2.

For Coruscant, I wanted Qui-Gon a lot and did not get one in 3 boxes. Friend of mine got one buying 2 boosters. Before my 3rd box, I was ready to throw everything in the garbage. I ended with 34 duplicates, more than 1 box of duplicates in 3 and missing 12 cards. Last box got me 3 Maul (normal and AI) 2 Mace (AI and normal), Yoda, Ric Olie, Amidal, Nute Gunray, alll Destroyer Droids.

Why do Decipher make such crappy box and such good ones? I wish they would just sell the entire set for one price instead of boosters. Would make my life simpler and happier.

I like the game but I always dread opening boosters. Always a pain in the a$$.

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I bought 6 boxes, and I still don't have a Yoda or a Free Ride & Endor Celebration. :( Pity me.

3. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    I need money :(

4. Hunter_Rose

Hunter_Rose Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2001
    I only just FINALLY completed my Tatooine set. Until last night, I was missing Qui-Gon, but managed to pull 2 out of 3 packs...

My long standing polocy on new expansions is to only buy one box and get the rest in packs and trades. I don't have the money to throw at bad boxes...

5. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    I only spent about $200-$240 in total for my six boxes because I ended up selling a lot of my extra cards to help pay for new boxes.

6. youngvader

Jun 21, 1999
    I am still missing Qui-Gon AI and Maul AI for Tatooine.

I have the free ride/endor celebration twice. Crappy card.

7. youngvader

Jun 21, 1999
    Damn double post!

8. DarthJago

DarthJago Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2000
    Bought 8 packs today. Got Ki-Adi, Jedi Council Chamber, Lott Dod, Nute Gunray, Supreme Chancellor Valorum, some other good ones, just can't remember them right now...

9. youngvader

Jun 21, 1999
    Ki-Adi is an uncom. I think I have 10 of him.

10. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    Believe me,you are not the only one experiencing this. I opened 8 boxes, four of which were sequentially numbered, and did not get one Amidala or Panaka's Blaster--and I only got one of some other very important rares like Qui, Maul Strikes, Radiant VII, TF Droid Control Ship, and others. I am very disappointed in this first wave of Coruscant, Hopefullt the shipments will get better.

11. pinbstr300

pinbstr300 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    I hope the pulls from our case are better than everyone here is saying...If I spend the money on 4 boxes (Im splitting it with 2 other guys) I want to get most of the set (it would be nice to get the whole thing but it doesnt look like it will happen) and get at least enough big rares that I can easily trade for the rest...<<keeps fingers crossed that distribution is good>>

12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, I nabbed 6 packs of Coruscant today as I have no will power to wait until my boxes arrive on monday. Anyways, I didn't do too bad, I got the Mace Windu AI, Keder the Black, Nute Gunray, TC-14 and two of the combo cards (the battle plan and battle order ones).

Here's hoping for a good few boxes come monday...

13. pinbstr300

May 6, 2001
    I was with quest at the shop today, and between him, the other guy we are splitting the case with, and myself we didnt do to bad. we got a bunch of combo cards, quest got the mace AI (shoulda been me but oh well), we got all the nemodians, some ships, objectives, and locations. we seemed to get a good pull and good variation on the cards, not too many doubles (both on rares and just commons and uncommons). out of 18 packs, there will obviously be some doubles, but not as many as I was expecting from the horror stories I have heard here. hopefully the case will have the same type of distribution. I think we could make a run at 3 full sets....

14. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    bloody expansion isn't out in australia yet, still waiting.........still waiting...............still waiting.....

15. Spud The Hutt

Spud The Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 1999
    Bloody flamin' box O' crud! I wish I was half as lucky as some of you. Out of one box the only "mains" I managed to pull were Plo Koon, Panaka and Valorum. I ended up with two of some idiot, who for some reason that God only knows, was made into a rare card (power 1, ability 4 and does something with docking bays...yea) and 3, count'em 3, in a row none-the-less, Vote Now! cards. HEADS WILL ROLL!!!

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, here's the break down of my third-of-a-case (4 boxes)... apparently I got pretty lucky. I got the whole non-AI set (only having to trade for two cards-Palpatine and Grotto) and managged to pull 5 AI's, which when you add in the Mace AI I pulled from a pack on saturday, puts me within 3 of the whole AI set. Pinbustr didn't fare quite so well (although he also got within two cards of the whole non-AI set from his boxes alone) it seems, only nabbing 2 AI's from his 4 boxes, but I'll let him detail his anger himself. The last third of the case remains in question but as soon as I know what the breakdown is for his third I'll post it here...I'm hoping there were 3 of those Maul AI's in there cause I want one damnit! (and pinbustr gets first dibs on dup AI's, hence my wanting there to be three::) )

Box 1: [number 13954]

Got the Sith Infiltrator AI in this box, along with non-AI Mace Windu, Yoda, Darth Maul, Panaka x2, Radiant 7 and Queen's starship x2.

Box 2: [number 13949]

Got the Master Qui-Gon AI, along with the non-AI Qui-Gon, Darth Maul, Sith Infiltrator, Valorum, Radiant 7 and Queen's Starship.

Box 3: [number 13948]

Nothing spectacular to really report, didn't get any AI's in this box or any mains to mention beyond a Qui-Gon and a few of the smaller ones. Might have gotten my first non-AI Amidaala in this one... after opening this box I was within 7 of the full non-AI set.

Box 4: [number 13947]

The big one. The score! I got THREE AI's in this baby- Valorum, Amidaala and The Phantom Menace. Also finished off the non-AI set (shy of Palpatine and Grotto, which I traded for with Pinbustr) and, I think, added another Darth Maul to my duplicates pile.

Obviously I lucked out here, but so what::) It'll be interesting to see how the complete case breakdown is once I get our friend's report on his pulls. I'll post those when I find em out.

This has probably been one of my better starts for a set so far. I now only need 3 AI's- Palpatine, Yoda and Darth Maul.

17. pinbstr300

May 6, 2001
    <<pointing around room...but mostly to quest...>>"you stink, (dont want to get banned for anything inapproperiate here), you stink, you stink, <<points to someone else>> youre cool, Im out!"

yes, my pulls were atrocious...I only pulled 2 AIs in a full 4 boxes...I have 66 Rare Doubles (more than 2 boxes worth) and still do not have the complete non-AI set. I am unwilling to spend any more money on this expansion (as I have already spent $260 and have to still buy books for this fall semester) so I think it might be time for me to sell my collection and be done with this game. the breakdown was horrible in this set. I opened 2 full boxes (yes in a row) with no AIs in them. I only got 2 AIs...Qui Gon and the Sith Infiltrator...I was about ready to flip over some tables in anger (Quest can vouch for that one I almost wrecked all our orginization which I mostly did to keep from exploding)...how can the cards in a box be so similar. I had one box with 5 or 6 Kai-Adi Mundi's and Quest had a full box and a half without one (I know its an uncommon but I mean c'mon now, thats terrible)...I did manage to get the full common and uncommon sets from my first box...quest wasnt so lucky...took him till the middle of the 2nd...shake that off....

I still do not understand how it was possible for me to pull 2 boxes from the case with no AIs in it. I thought there was a 1 in 4 distribution on those. between us we had 8 regular Mace Windu's but not one AI...can you explain that? from the projected distribution (which decipher should know because they can look at the sheets before they are cut) we should have scored 2 AIs...alas, not a one...and on the Sith Infiltrator, we scored 2 AIs, but only 1 regular between us. explain that? I sure cant, and Im a rocket scientist (yes literally, I am majoring in Aerospace Engineering)...as for what I have to say to everyone else out there...please do not complain about 1 bad box, you may cause me to lash out unacceptably after pulling 2 bad boxes out of 4...and in all essence 4 bad boxes.....

I found a lot of repetivness throught the 8 boxes we opened tonight. quest wound up with like 7 TC-14's, and I found my fair share of other smaller rares (mostly the combo cards)...In comparison I found only 1 TC-14 in my 4 boxes, and he found very few (barely 1 of each) combo cards in his...I am really confused, and search for an answer from the Gods at decipher...why is it like this? why do you make a poor struggling, out of work college kid suffer for his full set of Courscant? after I have been sooo nice in paying top dollar for all your expansions, just to get full sets of every one, this is how I am rewarded? I say patooie <<spits on shoes>> Im out!

18. youngvader

Jun 21, 1999
    I know, I feel angry every time I open a Box. Friend of mine pulled 2 Qui-Gons, AI and regular out of 6 boosters. Fortunately, he needed to finish old sets sot he traded them to me for a bunch of old rares cards.

You need to trade a lot. to do the sets now. Gone the time where you open 2 boxes and got your set.

I want the AI because along with being a player, I collect them. But it's very frustrating.

I got Grotto 5 times in 3 boxes. I was ready to throw the card in the garbage.

I was told by store owners that this game is going down the drain fast as far as sells are concerned.

BUt Decipher will continue to make money off our backs as long as we keep buying their product.

19. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Well, I managed to trade for a Yoda and a Free Ride combo at Saturday's tourney. All it cost me was a Japanese Tantive IV, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.