main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Another Falls - One Shot

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Master_Domtis, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Domtis

Master_Domtis Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    This really fits in no where and everywhere, so I put it on the pre saga boards because that's where I pictured this taking place. :) Enjoy

It started slowly. The rythematic pulsating of the force flowing through her as she prepared for battle, the dim glow of her twin blades and the soft hum of the sabers vibrating in her clenched fists. These were comforts well known to her. The jedi slowed her breathing, tamed her heart rate and scanned the darkness for her hidden foe. He was here - hidden in the shadows, eluding her senses as they fell methodically between every pillar, every crevice. Exhaling softly, she crouched defensivly against the wall at her back and waited. He would show himself eventually - and she would be ready.

He waited. Watching from a dark corner, he followed the slow movement of her violet blades. Listened to her breathing through the force. So she was on the defensive? Typical. And yet, there was something more. Something that lingered deeper within her, like an etah gnawing on the corpse of a long dead cannok. She wanted this battle, more than she would ever be willing to admit, and it would be his pleasure to indulge the Jedi?s hunger. But first, he would play his own game; teasing the prey before the fight was always his favorite part. He would trick her senses, ensnare her mind with false or minor inklings of danger, then retreat back to the shadows before any blow could be dealt. Let her try to come to him, let her strike first - he would have her. This battle was more than a fight for victory; in this fight, she would fall. And in this, he always took the greatest satisfaction.

There! She inhaled sharply and pivoted on her heels to face what she had perceived as a sudden movement. But it had vanished. He was slippery; she knew this going in. The jedi had heard tales of how he played with her kind, teasing them with sudden mental jabs of hatred and intent - only to back away again. Some would fall so far off of their guard as to be taken completely by a sudden ambush - one that their heightened perceptions may have mistaken for yet another sharp bluff. She would not be fooled so easily though; this was a battle that she had to win, no matter the cost.

He advanced. Not having given up his game, however growing impatient as he fed off of the Jedi?s hunger. The sith learn early to embrace and use the emotions of those that they fight as well as their own. Gather the hatred and thrust it back at the opponent - let them writhe in a taste of the emotions of the dark side. And this one was more full of intent than any he had taken on before. She would be a challenge to fight; a pleasure to fight; an opponent worthy of his skill. This he thought as his long pale fingers slipped slowly to his waist to grasp the sleek shell of his lightsatber.

The crimson beam had only just extended before the jedi when she leapt into an offensive stance and advanced upon the sith, who stood patiently, softly illuminated by the bloody glow of his single blade. She had not cowered before his mental attacks; just the opposite. Those that deny their emotions will lose; she would use them to win. Them and anything else that the sith threw at her.

Her initial attack had been quick, yet measured. He allowed a swift smile to brush his lips as the amusement of her premeditated offensive sunk in. It had been somewhat predictable - like the others that he had gone against. But there was more beneath her surface that he burned to force out of her. He countered her attack and then pushed his own. Their blades were untraceable blurs of light, clashing and swirling, enveloping the two foes in an intricate, flawless dance - both desperate to reach the same victory.

Her thoughts, which had only been preoccupied with this battle until now, started to betray her. Screams of his earlier victims seeped into her consciences, the tortures that he had subjected them to pressed themselves now onto her brain. This man would not be allowed to con

2. BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon

BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004
    =D=

Very nice, the last line was powerful and gave it a nice punch! :D

3. Artanis

Artanis Jedi Master star 2

May 10, 2005
    That was really good - I could feel the tension in the room. Great job! :)

I'm just wondering, though - who's it about? Any sith in particular?

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Arghhh, she was doing so well until the end when she allowed her anger to move her to action.

Very nice details and description in this.

5. Master_Domtis

Master_Domtis Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    Thanks everyone!

Artanis: no, it was no one in particular, the scene just hit me after seeing ROTS 3 times and playing way too much KOTOR in between ;) . All I know is that the sith is one of many in existence (which is why I put this in the pre saga boards - about the time of the Sith Civil War) :) .

Healer Leona: That you have addressed such a fault within the character is a huge complement to me! Thank you! :D

6. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Very nice vignette! Beautifully written portrayal of the fall of a Jedi...and somehow very heartbreaking at the end. To win at such cost...

Great job!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.