Another (groan) Meeting

Discussion in 'Syracuse, NY' started by Katana_Geldar, Oct 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katana_Geldar Force Ghost

star 8
    Just want to run this by you guys as per the details of our last meeting last week.

The next meeting is on the 27th of November at 4pm. Has anyone checked the location yet? I'll be seeing Viceroy_Nute_gunray tomorrow but PM me Amaya if you've checked or you've heard from the other member who has at the meeting but isn't registered here.
  2. Amaya_Unduli Jedi Knight

star 3
    We have changed the meeting place we proposed last meeting. It is now at the Morty's eating complex behind the cinema. We're not expecting you to have to buy anything, it's just the best place we could think of that is accessible and we don't have to rent.

See you there! (It's still at 4pm)

3. Katana_Geldar Force Ghost

star 8
    I've got the minutes for the meeting, just need to find a place so I can plug in my USB drive.

BTW, EB Games has 25 pamphlets of ours that they are going to give out tomorrow for a Battlefront II cross promotion!
  4. --Azrael-- Jedi Master

star 4
    Is EB Games getting battlefront II tomorrow? All I can get out of them is that it will be released on the 7th of November.
  5. Katana_Geldar Force Ghost

star 8
    They said tomorrow and I delivered the pamphlets
  6. Katana_Geldar Force Ghost

star 8
    FanForce Tasmania Meeting IV

4.10-5pm

27/10/05

3 present, 3 apologies

Officialness

This remains a questionable aspect due to the fact that this meeting was not posted on the fanforce.net even though Katana_Geldar PMed the details to HawkNC and they were received and promised to be posted.
    Our officialness was pending this due to the fact that we had to have three meetings posted on the fanforce.net main page to be considered as an official FanForce chapter.
    Are we official? The lack of being on the main page is not our fault.

NB: I hav sinc had a PM from Hawk and he said he forgot, so we ar official!

Name

We really need an official name, the suggested ?If there is a bright centre to Australia you?re on the island it?s farthest from? is good but it?s a bit too long.

November 1 Promotion

After distributing pamphlets this after noon Katana_Geldar talked to some of the guys in EB Games and they suggested a cross promotion with us for the November 1 release of Battlefront II.
    Contributions were collected from the members to fund getting more pamphlets which the Launceston Online Access Centre has offered to print at a lower price than Uni Print provided they are not on red paper.
    25 pamphlets will be given to EB Games on Oct 31 prior to the release the next day, the amount left will make a start on some sort of treasury.

Trilogy screening

For our first FanForce event a screening of the PT has been suggested following probably mid November due to members being out of state.
    Other than the DVDs we need a projector and some speakers, Darth_Deaks has offered to hunt these up for us.

Fan film screening in O-week
    A suggestion has been made for a film screening in a lecture theatre like the Anime Manga Club has in O-week, but this is impossible given the fact that SW is licensed.
    A rather humorous way around it would be having a screening of fan films, possibly on the one DVD.
    Suggestions include Pink Five, Jedi Hunter, Troops, George Lucas in Love, Fanboys (any more suggestions?)

Promotion, newspaper and TV
    One of our real problems is the lack of members and while current members do their best to attract more this really needs to be addressed.
    Darth_Deaks suggested that we could advertise in the newspaper under community groups and possibly on TV with the Southern Cross Community message board.
    The problem is we really need to get established to do this.

Website

FanForce S.A. has generously offered us webspace and Darth_Deaks has offered to start the website as he has knowledge of graphic design.

Member packs, fee?
    A membership fee was discussed ($5?) as it will be necessary when we become a uni society in order to get funding, the problem is that for the membership fee which would got towards events and promotions members don?t really get anything.
    A member not registered on the JC has offered to do us up a prototype member pack and we have yet to hear from her.

Newsletter

This was mentioned in response to letting members know about activities, meetings, events as a supplement to the message boards. Perhaps through e-mail or even hard copy.

Next meeting

The date, time and place for the next meeting were discussed, the main problem with our meetings is finding a time when everyone can come as well as good, centrally-located place to have them.
    A suggestion was made to have the next meeting in two weeks following the conclusion of exams on a Wednesday or Thursday at Morty?s again for the want of a better place.
  7. --Azrael-- Jedi Master

star 4
    just came from EB. the 7th is for the PC edition fo the game. Xbox and PS2 is tomorrow. On a side not Myer has EPIII DVD on sale if you ask for it.
  8. Katana_Geldar Force Ghost

star 8
    I guess I jumped the gun with battlefront, but I know about the DVD

you have it?
  9. RebelStormer Jedi Padawan

Hey guys, just wanted to ask if when you get a date for your next meeting could a couple of us guys from Taz Jedi Force in Hobart come along? also our site is www.tazjediforce.tk

RS
  10. Viceroy_NuteGunray Jedi Master

star 4
    We're trying for 17th or 18th of November at same place.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.