Another idea for belt pouches

Discussion in 'Calgary, AB' started by Old_Republic, Jun 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old_Republic Jedi Knight

star 1
    I didn't get a chance on Friday to say anything about this but...the other day I saw a guy with a brown leather pouch. Of course, right after I laughed to myself about 'hey buddy, nice purse', it dawned on my that on the front of it were two 4" x 6" leather pouches! The next time I'm in a value village or SA store, that'll be added to my shopping list. Thought maybe some of you would like this info too.
    Trevor
  2. Magpie Jen Jedi Knight

star 2
    :) Even Jedi need purses.

Good idea, Trevor. I'll keep an eye out too.
    Jen
  3. DrHaggis Jedi Knight

star 3
    Purses are a good option. I also keep my eye out for vintage camera cases. Value Village and used camera places are great sources for stuff like that.
  4. Old_Republic Jedi Knight

star 1
    Camera cases? Good call and I've heard that a certain vintage camera flash part could be of use to a SW fan too.;-)
    Trevor
  5. Magpie Jen Jedi Knight

star 2
    :eek:

I've wondered what would happen if you went into one of our local vintage camera stores - they might be naive to the nefarious habits of SW prop makers... (not that I would ever destroy one! I would cast it though...)
  6. DrHaggis Jedi Knight

star 3
    I have been into the vintage camera stores on a few occasions looking for prop fodder. They are NOT amused by the prop builders, though they are willing to sell to them at outlandish prices. I use the cover story that I inherited a 4x5 Graflex camera that needs a flashgun.
  7. Magpie Jen Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah, I know. Did you ever see that thread I linked to on the graflex board? Fascinating when two passionate and esoteric cultures collide. Were these Calgary vintage photo stores you went to?
  8. Old_Republic Jedi Knight

star 1
    I once found a graflex at a camera shop on 16th ave but they wouldn't sell it to me, they only rented it out IIRC. The shop was near Phoenix comics on the south side of 16th.

Jen, I'm really groovin' to your idea of casting a graflex. I wonder if enough of us got together we could keep the cost down. Tony from the 501 did some excellent work with resin from what I saw at the party.
    Trevor
  9. Magpie Jen Jedi Knight

star 2
    That was totally the shop I was thinking of! Nifty.

I'd be interested in chipping in if we ever found one too.
  10. DrHaggis Jedi Knight

star 3
    There is also "Photo World" on 11th ave. They have a great vintage collection, but no readliy available graflex.

11. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    FYI...you're probably thinking of Dave W. (Vader) as the one who does the resin work. He's amazing!
  12. Old_Republic Jedi Knight

star 1
    Dave. My bad, thanks for the correction. I got to meet so many people at the party, I couldn't hardly remember my *own* name. lol
    Trevor
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.