San Joaquin, CA Another late night in the garage!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Cruzer_Fett, Sep 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cruzer_Fett Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ok, I'm going to grab a few cold ones and spend some time in the garage with the jetpack, put on some good music and spend a few hours at the workbench. I'm thinking about changing the pack entirely and going with the Arena jetpack cause I don't like how the rocket area is going. Anyone looking for something to do tonight is more than welcomed to stop by and hang. Email for the addy if interested. Cheers-Lorenzo
  2. xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Master

star 3
  3. Cruzer_Fett Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thanks, just got back from the store with some George Killians (my personal favorite beer) and going to see what kind of mess I can make. It completely slipped my mind that most of us are from the Visalia area. Not so easy to swing by then I guess-Sorry. Looks like it's just me and the jetty, some cold ones, and oh yeah, the new SW Empires comic #33 I picked up while at the grocers. It's always a treat picking up a new SW comic. Till tomorrow, Lorenzo
  4. Rurouni_Botosai Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey, pm me your addy and i'll stop by next time your working on somethin like that.
  5. Cruzer_Fett Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'll do that, look for the PM. You know what I was also thinking that a prop building party would be cool to have one night or even during a weekend day. Pretty much every night I spend some time in the garage. I've got too many projects going on with my costume: the jetpack build, I've got to start sewing a new jumpsuit, I've got to make some modifications to the costume to accomodate the jetpack like connecting hoses, etc. Last night I was up till 2:30 a.m. making a cool mod to my helmet. I'll post that mod in a new thread as soon as I'm done here and bring it with me tonight to the meeting.

Anyway back to the idea of a prop building shindig. I've got all kinds of tools that I do my own stuff with and that I have collected over the years in my careers in construction, landscaping, etc. I've got a table saw, skill saw, various drills, sanders, Dremel and bits, leather working tools needed to make Jedi belts and other leather stuff that I needed when I made my son's belt and mine, saws, cutters, measuring tools, paint spray guns, saudering gun, electrical tools, bodywork tools, and basically all kinds of crap that we could use.

If we have enough people who are interested in comming together, I would defininitely open up my garage and the use of my tools(but I'm not responsible for any self-inflickted injuries). Anyone as interested in costume building as much as I am, let me know and bring your latest costuming projects?
  6. Darth_Tater_Vader Jedi Master

star 1
  7. The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Knight

star 2
    Heck, I'd be interested, even in just hanging out... all those tools[face_hypnotized]. I'm not much of a builder, all my skills are more of a fine art/cartoon variety, but that's not to say I wouldn't be interested in learning some of this stuff!
  8. xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Master

star 3
    Yes that sounds like fun. I'm trying to build a robot me.
  9. Rurouni_Botosai Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thats a very good idea. The centra would work for any prop, all you have to do is cut the shapes out and layer them and you got it. sorta like sculpting.
  10. Cruzer_Fett Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ok, let's get this thread back alive with regards to the prop building party. I know Darth_Tater_Vader has his Vader armor project going on, xdarthsmithiousx has his robot self(???), and Rurouni_Botosai (had to look at that more than once to spell it correctly) has the ultimate Jedi slayer project going on. So if you guys and anyone else with an interest is serious about getting together for some cutting, drilling, and sanding, maybe painting -let's pick a date. Weeknights are not great for me, but doable if we get started about 7:30p.m. and end by 11'ish. Friday nights and weekends are better(both day and night). I'm a morning person, so I rise early but retire late, so anytime's good. This Sunday would work since Sat. is the FIDM trip and we may be going to LA as well to visit family. Let me know and I'm all for getting together, but there's no rush though if people are busy. I usually spend a little time on my projects every night anyways cause I know how quickly Halloween and the Cons will sneak up on us before we know it.

Cheers
  11. xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Master

star 3
    This Sunday should work for me. I actually don't havea real project to work on, in case anyone didn't catch on. yes, I know it's a surprise, but I don't actually know how to build a robot me :_|

BUT... I would like to get together to watch and maybe take part in anything. I have monday off so sunday SHOULD work. I'll check.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.