main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Another* Matrix Test - d/l within

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by BrentK7, Apr 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrentK7

BrentK7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    Ok, after the miserable failure that was my last matrix fx test I desided to make another. This is just the code falling on the screen.

Both the .mov and .avi files are 720x480 rez.
    http://www.fanflicks.com/innervision/projects/matrix3/matrix3.htm

Please leave feedback.
    Also notice that i have the first character of each strand white, like in the trailer for reloaded.
    And i know that i should have added more glow to the characters.

Oh, yes, on another note, please, lets try not to jack my thread this time and get it locked. I don't care if AWB doesn't like the plot to the matrix or anything like that. Thanks again.

2. Neumann

Neumann Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 5, 2002
    Much better... more natural and smooth.

Chris

3. MacGyver635

MacGyver635 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2002
    Good work. Damn close to the real thing.

-Mac

4. BrentK7

Dec 20, 2000
    thanks for the replies

5. Ryan_W

Ryan_W VIP star 4 VIP

Aug 15, 2001
    Tips:

Like you said, glow. And not just uniform, some spots are a bit brighter than others.

The code itself should change characters throughout it's life. Also you might want more variety in the characters you use.

Depending what you're using for refrence, you might want more "depth" to it, meaning different strings of code falling at different distances (at different sizes).

6. BrentK7

Dec 20, 2000
    Ryan: The code does change characters throughout it's life. I started at first using 3D layers, but then desided to go with the code from the first movie.

7. durbnpoisn

durbnpoisn TFN Staff Cast & Crew Database star 5 VIP

May 20, 2002
    I think you have the right idea. It looks really smooth. But, you need to do a few things.

1) Changing the characters in the code. Or at least use a different text block on each.
    2) Deffinetely create a few more layers and vary the speed on each. Make the layers progressively smaller.
    3) Alter the brightness on some of them to glow a lot more. I think some of them vary in brightness as they move too, don't they.

What did you use for this? It looks like it could have been done with Flash. If not, you might want to consider using Flash for this effect. Since it really is a simple 2d keyframing effect. You could easily change the code randomly, you could easily vary the speed on the layers, etc...

Just a suggestion.

8. Weslen

Weslen Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 2002
    Also, if I remember correctly, in addition to the letters falling at different speeds than others, they also slow down and speed up intermittently. It's almost as if they get stuck for a fraction of a second, then fall again. Also, new letters should be falling overtop existing columns.

9. Raptor386

Raptor386 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2002
    Hey, nothings a total failure. Your still learning (and so are we!).

Very cool. If you going to use it for the same thing that you did for your last test, you might want to make the code more dense.

But that's just me...

10. MattesKrymsod

MattesKrymsod Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2002
    A HELLUVA lot better! It's gettin there. Do you think the wriggler could make it somewhat more authentic along with the characters changing?

11. BrentK7

Dec 20, 2000
    durbnpoisn: I used AE for this. If you look closely the lines do fall at different speeds.

12. swmaster

swmaster Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 16, 2001
    I guess since everyone else is posting their tries I will post mine. I made thease a month ago as a test for a film I'm making.

Multi Layer
    Single Layer

SWmaster

13. BrentK7

Dec 20, 2000
    swmaster: Very nice, it looks like glitter, pretty.

14. swmaster

swmaster Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 16, 2001
    Thanks!

SWmaster

15. Nikajeboo

Nikajeboo Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 2002
    It looks great to me, but I think it should be a little more dense.

EDIT: not swmaster's but the other one

16. Darth_Obstreperous

Darth_Obstreperous Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    Whoa! That was sweet!
    But I think the letters fell a little too fast in the beginning. But still, nice job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.