So CO Another New Guy

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Optimus77, Apr 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Optimus77 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey everyone, just wanted to say hi and see what the goings on here for COS. Does anyone play the RPG or make their own costumes and such? I'd like to find a local fanforce or Star Wars club if possible, so if anyone ahs info, please tell me. Thanks guys.
  2. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Hi!!!

Yay! Another Springs fan! Well, so far the groups meets with the Rocky Mountian Fanforce, which is mainly based up in Denver, but have carpools and every so often a meeting down here. So check out the Denver forums, there's a ton of people there. Or, The Web Page
    Are you a fellow costume maker? :D
  3. Optimus77 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I would love to make my own costume but the knowledge escapes me. I know where to get masks but the cloth for robes I don't know where to find and the plastic armor is kind of expensive.
  4. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Well I can help you in any way. I can't make one for you, I'm booked until after May, but any advice I can give you I will gladly dispense.

Places for fabric:

Mill Outlet, Filmore and Prospect
    Hancock Fabrics, Austin Bluffs and Academy
    JoAnns, Academy and airport, or on North Academy.

Mill Outlet has a large selection of high quality specialty fabrics, wool, linen, tencel silk etc... usually very expensive

Hancocks usually has a bigger selection of wools and linens @ better prices than joanns, but joanns has great everyday prices and regular sales with unbeatable deals.

Online there are a couple places to check out, all of which are listed in the imperial outfitters link section on rmff.net
  5. Optimus77 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I need a pattern for the Jedi Robe and basically where you can find all of the materials needed. I wouldn't need a costume until after May anyway, so if I can't find anything, how much do you charge for making a Jedi costume?
  6. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    About a 160 dollars. But the cloak is not wool, however the tunics are made of silk.

It would be more for a wool cloak.

The package comes with a leather belt, undertunic, over tunic, tabbard, obi and pants. A robe and if you want a complimentry padawan braid. :)

e-mail me if you want to haggle or something...

empress_thalia@hotmail.com
  7. Miccu_Resea Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, and welcome to the group.

Like JGoC said, we mainly affiliate with the RMFF in Denver, and post there. next meeting after AotC will be down in the Springs, and we will set up a time later on.

But again, Welcome!

and watch out for JGoC, she may see nice, but she has a real nasty Side to her [face_devil]

j/k :D

Miccu
  8. JediDragon Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sarah: jog my memory...which piece is the "obi"?
  9. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    The cloth belt...

Which I have done. I only need to finish your two tunics :) Which should take only a short time.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.