main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Another newbie has entered

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by JediKingSeth, Jul 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKingSeth

JediKingSeth Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2008
    Hello! I'm Seth and I'm a college student (engineering). I have been lurking around reading the fanfiction/stories at this site before deciding to sign up.

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Hi Seth! As a member of Team WNU, I welcome you to the boards (the others will get here eventually). Anyway, it's nice to see that you have interest already in the RPG's and Fan Fiction. [face_peace]

3. Sithy_

Sithy_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2008
    Hi ^^ Welcome to the JC! Good to see you have an interest in fanfiction, we could always use more victi- READERS :)

4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome JediKingSeth! :)

You said you have read some FanFics already, what is your favorite one and which periode of time do you prefer?
    I'm not a big FanFic reader, although I just started to read a long one and I like it so far. :)

It's also cool that you started posting a bit. Don't hesitate to post anywhere in WNU, it's a good place to start and we'll help you, if you have any questions. :)

Enjoy your stay and the FanFics of course! :D

5. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Hi Seth! Welcome to the JC! :)

I hope you get a chance to explore our great variety of forums here.

6. JediKingSeth

Jul 13, 2008
    Hey y'all, thanks for the welcome!

I would like to join the Galactic Senate RP but I don't know which planets are available to new senators.

Skiara: I prefer the time period Before the Saga since there's not much info known about Yoda, Darth Sidious, Qui Gon Jinn, etc in canon. For example; how did Sidious become a Sith? What was Yoda like as a padawan? The canon/movies hinted that Count Dooku was not an orthodox jedi master. What kind of training did Qui Gon receive and does it have any impact on how he trained Obi Wan?

As for my favorite story it is The Loud Exhale by Dianethx. It's about a young Obi Wan and his friends Garen Muln and Bant Eerin comparing their Masters' snores. There are other good stories. But whenever I need a laugh I go back to read that one.

7. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    Hello Seth, Welcome to the boards.

If you are looking to get into the Senate RPG I would suggest talking to IH(Imperial_Hammer). I'll also take a look at what planets are not taken and drop you a PM.

8. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Comparing their Masters' snores? Really? That sounds like a funny story. I think I have a look at it. :D

Although I'm more interested in After the Saga, those questions are really interesting and I wonder about those myself sometimes. Somehow I can't imagine Yoda being a padawan. I mean, how did he become so great? Due to his own master? Or different situations? Lots to think about and to run in circles. :D :p

9. JediKingSeth

Jul 13, 2008
    Mister_Master: Thanks. I would like to know which planets are available before I send in my application.

Skiara: :)

By the way I forgot to ask how do I train as a jedi padawan over here?

10. Blue_Lightsaber42

Blue_Lightsaber42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2007
    Hi Seth! I see you like Before the Saga. You'll see me in there too, just not writing, I suck at it. :p But I'm more into the Obi/Qui stories, I probably should expand my range, but I don't really feel like it. :p
    Adoptions are in the Adoption Thread, you'll find a good Master there! Well, have fun, and see you around the Pillow Fight Thread ;)

11. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    As Blue pointed out, you'll find a master in the adoption program. I suggest to post your wish about becoming a padawan in that thread. Then I'll add you to the list of free newbies. Of course you're free to pm me, that would work as well, it wouldn't just show the oldbies that you're available - until the first page gets updated, which is mostly once per week. :)

Does this answer your question? :)

12. JediKingSeth

Jul 13, 2008
    Yup. Thanks Blue_Lightsaber42 and Skiara. I have posted in the appropriate thread.

13. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Hi! Since I'm late to the party, I'll just say welcome and enjoy yourself around here. If you ever need anything, you know where to find us. [face_mischief]

Trika

14. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    Did you have a specific planet in mind?

15. JediKingSeth

Jul 13, 2008
    Trika_Kenobi: Thanks

Mister_Master: Nope, since all the planets that I would have come up with would probably have been taken; E.g. Coruscant, Bothawui, Correlia, etc. That being said, I would prefer a planet in the mid or outer rim that is not useless but also not likely to be blockaded by the Trade Federation or any other organisation.

16. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    Correlia may be open, you would have to ask IH. If he says its not then most places on the outer rim, and mid rim are open.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.