main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Another Newbie Has Joined The Forum

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by One7Decimal2Eight, Oct 1, 2016.

1. One7Decimal2Eight

One7Decimal2Eight Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2016
    Hi all,

I'm new here. I have thought about joining a Star Wars Forum for years, and this is the first one I have joined. I don't have any social media accounts anywhere, so I thought I'd join to correspond with Star Wars fans like myself.

A bit about myself. I was born in the late 70's and the only movie I saw in Theaters was Jedi. I was a huge fan growing up but lost interest when I became a teenager. Then when The Special Edition came out in 1997, I skipped class (it was my senior year and I was about to graduate so I didn't care) and was amazed at the CGI.

As the years went on and I saw the other 2 movies, and thought it was a cool touch, but became disappointed that these changes became permanent. And kind of lost interest in Star Wars when the Original Versions were being held from the fans. And obviously if you look online, this topic has been beat to death.

I thought about ways to add my touch to the changes that were made without jumping on the hate wagon. And decided to give video editing a shot to get my thoughts and ideas out there from a different perspective. I found the original versions in HD and decided that now was the time to figure out how to put my thoughts into video form.

I began making videos back in December 2015 and planned on making 6 of them, but only got 4 of them done. I plan on coming back to the other 2 some day when I have more time....R2D2 and one more on Boba Fett.

I don't want you all to think I'm some bot coming to Spam the forum on my first post, but I figured those that remember the old days would like to have a look. I figure I could jump on Facebook or Twitter and try to get a zillion views and subscribers, but I don't care about that. My objective is to show these to the fans just like me.

So here they are. They are in the order I did them. I hope you enjoy them! And I'll catch you all on the forum!

2. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hello, welcome to the boards.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I think you'll like it here.

4. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Welcome!!!!