main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Another One of my crazy story ideas: The Jedi Order Searches for the Holy Grail

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Mr. P, Apr 23, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    I just had a crazy idea. I don't really want to write it, I still have to write The Facade of Amidala, and I just have no idea how to write this.

My Idea: All of the jedi just got possesed, and now all of them want to find the Holy GRail. So, all of the Jedi abandon their missions and go and try to find the Grail. However, they aren't working together, so we might have some Jedi vs Jedi conflicts here. *tee hee*

--Mr. P

2. Mr. P

Apr 1, 2000
    Ummm, this is a pass around story! Will someone start?

3. Darth Cerberus

Darth Cerberus Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 1999
    Is it supposed to be humerous or serious?

4. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    It sounds cool! The Last Crusade was my fav Indy Jones movie!

5. Moira O'Brian

Moira O'Brian Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2000
    oh dear! This could be a lot of fun. Sorry I can't participate... I dont have regular access to an internet connection, and I'm in an entirely differnet time zone...

I can, however start you all of if the lot of you do not mind...let me know if I can...

If i did tho, it would be humerous, and I'm not sure that's what you want this to be...

[This message has been edited by Moira O'Brian (edited 04-30-2000).]

6. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Sounds cool! I might attempt at participating.

7. Mr. P

Apr 1, 2000
    Well, when I first came up with the idea for this thread, I guess it was humerous. Anyone can start whenever they want (I have a thing called school so I can't really start you off). If you want, Moira O'Brian, you can start it.

--Mr. P

8. Moira O'Brian

Moira O'Brian Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2000
    okay, I hope you like this. If you don't just tell me and I can edit it...

It was a particulary murky day at Dagaobah castle.

Not that it wasn't always particualrly murkey on Dagobah, but the word particularly just adds so much to the first line, it seems almost a shame to leave it out for mere innacuracy?infact

(Mr. P, Darth Ceruba and rest of the forum): GET ON WITH IT!

?right. Well, as we said, it was a murky day on Dagobah. The only sounds were the __ chattering, the ___ twittlering, and the ___ eating one of the lost cameramen from ROTJ

(off screen : AAAAAAAHHHHHHH! For the love of Lucus NOOOOOOOOOOO!)

Suddenly the (relative) peace was broken by a low buzzing sound, and the sound of two pairs of running feet. From the depths of the bog, come two figures, the tall one with its arms out wide from his body at 90 degree angles, the other following dutifully behind buzzing happily on a kazoo as the taller man ran this way and that, like an extremely tall wasp on immense amounts of spice.

Suddenly they stopped, and the buzzing turned into a low humming.

"Stowing S-foils in standby position," said the taller of the two as he lowered his arms.

The humming stopped. "Helloooo up there" bellowed the tall man

"What in Sith do you want? Can't you see it's a perfectly miserable day?" replied a rather testy voice from the castle walls

"I am Qui-gon! King of the Jedi! I seek the Holy Grail! My apprentice Oafy and I have are flying all over this.."

"You didn't fly here!" said the still disembodied voice, "he was buzzing on that kazoo."

"Perhaps, but I seek the?"

"How did you get one all the way out here? In a swamp?"

"Well?I?we?found it...but I seek?"

"Found it? Here? But this is a protectionist planet?kazoos are imports?"

"What if it was smuggled here?" came another voice from the opposite side of the castle.

"Thru the blocade?"

"Yes, by a freighter"

"A freighter? But Alderanian freighters are non rim-worthy.. how did it get out here"
    "Perhaps it was a Corellian freighter?they'll go anywhere you know.."

"but how would it get here without being caught? It's a simple function of hyperspace velocities. A 50 year old fighter cannot carry a kazoo all the way here without being captured by imperial patrols?"

"Maybe two freighters could?."

The two debaters failed to notice the two figures turn and disappear back into the fog?.

9. Mr. P

Apr 1, 2000
    hehe that was pretty good. I liked the paralels with monty python. hehe

10. Yoda's Twin Sister

Yoda's Twin Sister Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2000
    Good idea, Mr. P! Much humor I forsee in writing this.
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> On second thought, let's not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.
    Will they do a little dance like the Monty Python knights?

11. Mr. P

Apr 1, 2000
    I don't see why they can't. I must say that when I first came up with this, I was thinking about the Indy movie, but this is just hilarious! Why don't we send more than just Qui-Gon and Obi on this Quest? Why not Mace and Yoda, or someone else? Then, they might actually fight when they run into each other. Remember, the Jedi aren't working together on this, so anything is possible!

--Mr. P

12. Kresa Rei'de

Kresa Rei'de Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 1999
    ROFLOL!!!! This is too much!!! DOn't stop now!

13. Mr. P

Apr 1, 2000
    Remember, this is PASS AROUND. Anyone can pick it up and start writing whenever they want and do pretty much anything they want with it.

14. Saeed

Saeed Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2000
    I just checked out the page on the IFILM website, where 'The New World' chapter was highlighted. For those who haven't seen it, the description given by the site itself goes like this...

An awesome lightsaber duel makes up for the galaxy's worst acting.

Firstly, I don't feel IFILM should make its own subjective descriptions like that, rather they should leave the viewer to make up their own mind.

And secondly, whilst Deak Ward probably won't win any oscars, at worst you could label his performance as 'adequate'.

I had a similar experience with my FX project... On a website based in the UK, my film had comments such as "acting so wooden, I got splinters" and "your special effects aren't very special". Stuff like that can hurt sometimes, but I console myself by saying, "If it's good enough for TFN, it's good enough for me..."

I hope Clay hasn't taken IFILM's description to heart. His film was one of the very first films I downloaded, and has done much to inspire me to make the climactic lightsabre I hope to include in my current project the best I can possibly make.

Rather than try to attempt a full scale feature and fail miserably, Clay concentrated on making one chapter to the best of his abilities, and In that respect he succeeded.

Let's hear it for Clay, everyone!

Saeed TTC

15. DarelRex

DarelRex Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2000
    I agree completely -- New World rocks. It has the best lightsaber effect I've seen in a fanfilm.

I think that some reviewers get a feeling of superiority by holding everything to impossible standards. Name any movie that's ever been made, and I could write a scathingly negative review of it, that would be entirely factual.

The bottom line is: Did this movie make we want to see it again? If the answer is yes, then it was a good flick!

16. Subject Zero

Subject Zero Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2000
    Ummm... can you tell me where this web site is so I can send them hate mail... ERRRR! check it out?

:p

SZ

17. SPphoenix

SPphoenix Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2000
    I agree with you Saeed ...
    I don't think Clay would give a second thought about this so no creative comment anyway.Nor should any of you guys do if you came to be in his place.(or have come)
    I 've read something in a similar fanfilm forum that went something like this:
    "Making a fanfilm is like cooking for friends.If they don't like it there is more for me...or something like that - you get the picture (-thanks to whoever wrote it).Being happy with your film is what matters the most.

And BTW Clay's lightsabers are the best in the galaxy.

[This message has been edited by SPphoenix (edited 06-01-2000).]

18. lokmer

lokmer Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2000
    Well, I hate to admit this now, but I let out a sympathetic chuckle when I read the review on Ifilm.

I love Clay's movie, and Clay himself was a great help to me a couple months ago in finding SCUMM Revisited so I could extract some sounds from the TPM video game. When I first saw his movie, I kept thinking "Man, oh man I hope he can fight better than he can act." But, upon repeat viewing, I found out what the problem was: The acting was decent, but the micing (Man, I hate camcorder mics) was so bad I had trouble understanding what was being said. So, it's an easy mistake to make. Now that I've seen it a few times (alright, alright, a few dozen) I can hear what's going on and don't have too much of a problem with the acting.

Now, where's that ladder. Dammit, I left it up at the top of this hole I dug for myself...How'm I gonna get out of this one now.

-Lokmer

19. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    New world had ok acting. DIdnt bother me to much. Sides, my acting probably wont be great anyway...ah well...

My major thing with new world was, just the saber duel was in places a little repetative. And in some of the close up fight shots, they seemed to just be standing, with no force behind the blows.
    But dont get me wrog. i would never bag the film out. i think its good, I have it on file, and watch it alot as well...

20. Xecuter666

Xecuter666 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 13, 2000
    to be honest, the first few times i saw it, i just fast forwarded to the kickass duel part! after i saw those, i never paid attention to what was said...
    and yeah, some of the fight parts were kinda... blah, but overall, one of THE best fights in a fanfilm thus far!

21. Stavros

Stavros Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2000
    Come on, although the effects were good you can't possibly say the acting was anything other than poor. To say the acting was wooden is an insult to sticks everywhere.
    OK, it wasn't that bad but you get the point.
    It certainly wasn't the galaxys worst acting. That award goes to Jake Lloyd.

Stavros (reaching for flame-proof suit)

"That was the most spectacular fight I've ever seen"

22. Darth Maniacos

Darth Maniacos Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2000
    Hey,in EP1 you can also see that Ray Park is
    standing around! One Martial-Arts Professional against 2 actors ?
    The can act like hell,but you see who has knowledge of fighting!
    And in New World it was the same,the guy with the long hair knows how to fight,but the other doesn´t!!
    But i have never seen a better fight(in a fanfilm)and the lightsabers rock!!

23. Short Round McFly

Short Round McFly Jedi Youngling star 6

Nov 13, 1999
    CLAY CRONKE! CLAY CRONKE! CLAY CRONKE! CLAY CRONKE!*Says it like the crowd on Gladiator when they say "MAXIMUS! MAXIMUS! MAXIMUS! MAXIMUS! MAXIMUS!"

24. Ejan Jerthrid

Ejan Jerthrid Jedi Youngling star 2

May 1, 1999
    Hello all. Most of the members of the swvideo forum already know me by name, but for benefit of those who spend their time here who don?t already know, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Clay Kronke, perpetrator of the wonderful hunk of cheese that is Final Training.

First off, let me say no, the short writeup at IFILM is nowhere near offensive. I don?t personally agree with it, but far be it from me to argue with someone?s opinion. It actually made me laugh out loud when I saw it (and anyway I was the one who pointed it out to Azeem in the first place, because I thought it was rather funny). And some of you know that I just don?t care. I knew full well going into this that I wouldn?t be able to please everybody. But I knew that most people would get at least some enjoyment from it (even if only for some amount of mindless entertainment value). And that?s really good enough for me.

I?m going to take this opportunity to expound a bit on the film, since I didn?t have benefit of this section of the forum when the film first came out. What everyone has said so far is absolutely true. The film has it?s flaws and weak points, and I saw them well before anyone else. But being as this is my first film of any kind, I?m rather happy with it. And so is Wade and Jennifer (Wade has impressed more of his friends with it than I care to be aware of). The intent of the film was twofold: the first being to put together something that people might want to see (realizing that when we first started, the only films on TFN were Troops, Bounty Trail, the first Knightquest trailer and Sacrifices ? so at the time there were no real saber duels to speak of), and the second being just to see if we could do it in the first place. I?m not going to get into story, because there are strong proponents of good story development on this board, and it should be apparent that the film doesn?t contain much plot. But I didn?t intend it to. Several people that I talk to regularly (most notably Zayn, Subject Zero and Azeem) know that I had severe limitations -- only three people, no sets, no bluescreens, no CG knowledge whatsoever, an old VHS camcorder and one (count them) meager editing package. I knew my limitations going into the project, so I decided early on just to try to present one part of a larger story (in this case, a single scene), that way I wouldn?t sacrifice the story for the sake of the film (being a strong proponent of good story development myself), since I knew that the story would still be intact regardless of how well the film did. And when it comes right down to it -- bad dialogue or not -- the three of us had more fun working on this film than anything else we did that semester. We had an absolute blast, and for me, that was the most important thing about doing this film.

So to those of you who have chimed in with comments and support (either on this board or the other, over ICQ or in email), you have my humblest and most sincere thanks.

- Clay

25. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    "Clay, its so sweet of you to let this little retarded boy be in your movie"
    Best line ever! And it wasnt even in the film!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.