main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania Another ozHaggis Rant: Israel

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by TheOzhaggis, Apr 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave_Smogcrawler

Dave_Smogcrawler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    Arafat can do something, but refuses to. Hamas, Islamic Jihad, and Hizbullah are all fighting for his ideals, any person would be a fool to seriously believe that he can't do anything about them. If anything, he would probably applaud their actions.

on that topic I doubt Arafat can do anything atm if you look at him he seems almost to the brink of death. He is not the man he use to be. Plus there is so many limitation put on him by the isralites that I doubt even if he try to do anything would be highly impossible, think about it you try controlling ppl inside your little office that gets bombard everyday. How do you control angry people, people that sees their father, mother, friends get shot people that get their house blown up or demolish. How angry are you gonna be if it happens to you. Would you listen to some guy sitting behind a table if that happens to you?

I am not blaming israel or palestinian but I am merely pointing these facts out here

2. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    Arafat is a terrorist, he supports terrorist groups, and shares their ideals, and thus he should be treated as such by the Israelis.

I am sick of people saying 'The palestinians dont have any options apart from suicide bombings'. So am I hearing this correctly - that blowing up 17-19 year olds at discos, and people cathcing buses, and diners at restaurants, is the only option they have? I doubt that very much.

The Israeli governemnt should not be soft on terrorists, nor should they give in to any of their demands, for doing so would be to condone terrorism as a legitimate form of warfare, and there is no way in hell that it is.

3. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    But being tough on terrorists becomes difficult when there are innocent people as well.

Therein lies the current problem.

4. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    People die in wars, and that is regretable.

Unfortunetly there is no other way around it.

5. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Regardless of where one's sympathies lie there is one big difference between the two side. Israle are doing their best to avoid harming covilians. The terrorists (I won't say palestinians because I believe the majority of their people are innocent) are going out of their way to target innocent civilians. I find that unnacceptable and don't think it can ever be justified.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.