Before Another Padawan Grown Congratulations Knight Kynstar!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Layren, Mar 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Layren Force Ghost

star 5
    Title: Another Padawan Grown
    Author: Layren
    Characters: Qui-Gon, Layren, Kynstar
    Summary: A Master reflects on the meaning of Padawan.
    Author Notes: This is a specially created ficlet for my former apprentice Knight Kynstar -- Congratulations my young knight!! Happy Birthday!!

Jedi Master Layren Tholan sighed heavily as she glanced toward her sleeping Padawan?s room. Today her apprentice was no longer an apprentice. ?Does knighting them ever get any easier with age?? She wondered aloud to the empty air. She had knighted her first padawan Durhelediel and she was a great credit to her Master?s training and now had a padawan of her own. She smiled at that, rubbing her chin thoughtfully.

She stood and decided to go meditate in the gardens and found her own Master already there. Master Qui-Gon Jinn was sitting in meditation posture and she knelt down next to him. ?Mind if I join you, Master??

Qui-Gon opened his eyes in surprise. ?Layren,? he said politely. ?In need of meditation? Today is your second Padawan?s knighting, isn?t it??

She nodded a little at that. ?I?m not sure I?m ready to let her go just yet, but she is more than capable of the title Knight.?

Qui-Gon smiled at that. ?It?s not always easy to knight Padawans. It means letting go and watching them grow up and become who they?re going to be. But it also means leaving the light on, just in case they need comfort and guidance later.?

She smiled. ?I am grateful for the comfort and guidance you have given me. Will you be there at the ceremony??

?I will if you would like me to be there,? he replied.

?Of course I would like you there,? she stood up. ?The ceremony is set for this afternoon an hour after noon meal.?

?I will be there,? Qui-Gon promised.

?Thank you Master, I best go see to my young knight. She?s probably anxious for her breakfast,? Layren bowed as she left.

~~~~~~~~~
    ?Nervous padawan?? Layren looked to her padawan who was tapping her foot anxiously.

At that the padawan stilled and blushed. ?Yes, just a bit.?

Layren smiled. ?I remember being the same when I was knighted. It has been an honor to train you and I am very proud of what you?ve accomplished.

Kynstar?s cheeks were even pinker. ?Thank you, Master.?

?No, my padawan. Thank you for being such a joy to train.? She put her hand warmly on her Padawan?s shoulder. ?It is time.? The doors opened and the two walked in together.

~~~~~~~~~

Layren stood in the center of the Council room later that same day, her padawan Kynstar, kneeling down in front of her. She took the braid with it?s beads and fingered it lovingly. Her throat choked up as she looked at her friends that had come.

?This braid was formed in love, friendship and trust. As you have accepted the Council?s ruling granting you the status of knight, it is my honor and privilege to be the one to cut your braid.? She lifted the ceremonial dagger and cleanly severed the braid. She picked up the severed treasure and handed it to her padawan. ?For safekeeping when you need something to remind you of home, my door is always open, Knight Kynstar. Arise and let us welcome you to your new rank.?

The End
  2. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    *Bows to Master Layren before embracing her in a hug* "Thank you my Master. I appreciate all the time you have set aside for me. I truly hope I did not keep you up beyond the allotted times that you had laid asside all those evenings we spent together."

A little mischief sparks in my green eyes as a smirk playfully tugs at my lips. "Hmmm and it seems that I have somewhat changed your views on a certain...ex-Jedi perhaps?"
  3. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
  4. maychorian Jedi Master

star 4
    That's so sweet! Congrats!
  5. dianethx Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    That was adorable and happy birthday Kynstar.
  6. Rogue_JediKnight Jedi Master

star 3
    :D I agree - definitely too cute :D

Congratulations Knight Kynstar! [face_dancing]

and another fine job at raising a Padawan Master Layren =D=

Rogue
  7. tangled_sphere Jedi Master

star 4
    *Gives both Kyn and Layren a huge hug* [:D] Congratulations Paddy (Newly Knighted) Sis! :D

That was a beautiful ceremony [face_love]
  8. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Thanks everybody! [:D]

[face_thinking] Well now... I'm no longer a Padawan and limited by the 'fraternization' rule. Hmmm I wonder if a certain Archivist would mind me borrowing a certain Master to celebrate with! [face_mischief]
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.