main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Another Penguin?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by PenguinJedi, Dec 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PenguinJedi

PenguinJedi Jedi Youngling

Dec 24, 2004
    Rut-roh, I smell other penguins. Damn and I thought I was the only one... yeah right... like the time at Baycon where I thought I was being 'original' and using Tigger as my con-name because I had Tigg slippers. *thwack* alrighty, then.

I'm sorta new here. Meaning I signed up months ago but was frustrated by no sign of a costume group. now there is one, so I'm gonna get active. WOOHOO!! I'm part of a group from California called the Black Fleet Star Pirates Guild [BFSPG for short]. I'm still barely hanging on, but still have enough clout to get a jerk banned from the group. No one disses the girls and lives to tell about it. I'm originally from Northern CA, then moved to a con-less Syracuse, NY for two years. Then I moved here. I have a sewing machine and the guts to design some loony costumes [most aren't SW... but they're popular nonetheless].

I'm a web designer, photographer and writer. Among many other skills. My personal website is www.wolfeangel.us.

I earned my name of Pen Guin through a non-SciFi occurence. I'll tell the tale at the 1st costuming meeting in January, if anyone's interested. Pictures will be there too.

Do with me what you will... but beware... this penguin bites.

Pen Guin

2. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    Welcome to Chicago Force, Pen! I hope you don't mind if we call you Pen, to distinguish you from CF's original Penguin... because who would want to be confused with him? ;)

So how did you come by the Pen Guin handle?

3. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    >Do with me what you will... but beware...
    >this penguin bites.

Patience. These boards may prove to be a bit more than you can chew.

I doubt the non-Penguin members will have trouble keeping track of who's who; this Penguin doesn't costume (well, there was that one time, but Heather did all the work.) Plus, you're probably not an @sshole, so there's that.

I was gonna make some comment about "pecking order" and ruling the boards with an "iron flipper", but apathy and fatigue have spared us all that potentially uncomfortable experience.

Anyway, welcome to the CF. Please wipe your feet.

-Le Penguin
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," said Alice.

"Oh, most everyone's mad here," said the Cat, "I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" asked Alice.

"You must be," replied the Cat, "or you wouldnt've come here."

4. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    somehow...
    and I am reasonably certain about this...

we will not confuse the two flight-less birds...

5. PenguinJedi

Dec 24, 2004
    Thanks everyone.

The name came by way of an extra job I did for a photographer boss, who was best friends with the Prez of the Frozen Food Council of Northern CA. The mascot was Peter the Penguin. One of my first days as Petey was the same day my Black Fleet friends were gathering for one of the re-releases [I think Ep V, since we were in LA for Ep VI]... i had to explain why I couldn't be there all day. I only told the two most trustworthy people... hmph. I showed up that evening, in one of my tamer outfits, and everyone turned and started pointing at me "Oh look, it's the Penguin!!"

At which point, heads began to roll. The person who squealed was too chicken to show up. I exacted my revenge later. And I've been stuck with the name ever since. I have made alterations every so often... but i like Pen Guin the best. Makes it like a first and last name.

Le Penguin, I've handled a lot worse than you may believe. I'm not some baby chick that just showed up. I can handle quite a bit. About the only thing I don't tolerate is pure, nasty insults from men who treat women like garbage. I had someone banned from the BFSPG for that a few years back... and he's still banned.

Pen Guin

6. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    Aw jeez, stay away from me, then. And Dave. And Thom. And Phil and Jeff and Rex and Jason. Peaches....yeah, hang out with Peaches. He's nice to female-types, at least when he's not grabbing their chests (and yes, there is video evidence).

7. PenguinJedi

Dec 24, 2004
    Okay... let me redefine that... I can handle raunchy behavior, dirty jokes, and the like... I'm used to it. I can handle the leering and the crassness.

What I don't like is the pure chauvinistic behavior [said banned person questioned one girls' sexuality in a public email to lots and lots of people... it's not our place to judge one another... and that's exactly what he was doing.] that sometimes takes place. Most guys I meet in fandom don't go that road. No where near. I've don't plenty of hanging out with the rudest of the bunch, and none of them come near to that one persons' idiocy. And he's the only one who ever truly offended me.

If anyone here offends me, I'll just walk away from that person... it takes years and years of built up verbal abuse and crap from such a person as he to make me ban a person.

Well, I'm off to hunt for Light Saber supplies... heh heh heh...

Pen Guin

8. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    Cool. We may be crass and boorish at times, but I think CF is free of chauvinism on that scale.

Except when we're drunk.

Or Rex. He's like that all the time. ;)

9. RexGetz

RexGetz Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 13, 2003
    Thanx for the introduction Thom [face_beatup]
    Anyway, Welcome to Chi-Force "Your Kind of Scum", hope you enjoy your stay. [:D]

I wonder, if the person that offended you was Dartha, didn't he skip this town & moved down to CA? [face_thinking]

10. PenguinJedi

Dec 24, 2004
    I doubt it... this person who offended me has been a loudmouth predominately in CA... he's been in Northern CA for at least 10 years and before that 'said' he was "in the business" which we all pretty much know is a truckload of BS... because if he had been 'in the business' his tools would've been better and his craftsmanship would've been REALLY good.. nah... he's just a loud-mouthed jerk who thinks he owns fandom... yeah, right... and I'm the Fairy Queen.

Do I still sound a bit pished? He's still trying to worm his way into events...

If only there was a can of pest spray big enough...

Pen Guin

11. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    I do have a can of bulls*** repellent on my desk at work that I can let you borrow...

but...in light of all the BS I listen to all day...I am not sure it works well....

12. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    Hey, how did you know we already have a Fairy Queen?

Oh, the one on the right is the Cotton Candy Queen, who is truly the most beautiful (and I'll kill anyone who says otherwise).

13. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Damn. From the title of the thread I thought we had finally taken part in some exchange with the Tulsa board.

14. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    Once again JediJeff tastes a nibble of the buttery-goodness of Chicago Force, only to walk away unsatisfied.

15. RexGetz

RexGetz Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 13, 2003
    Hey Pen Guin, all you have to do is point him out at C3, and Femme will take care of 'em, or Peaches with his BOOB GRABING TECHNIQUES, just don't count on Bosh he wears no pants, then again who knows.

16. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "Le Penguin, I've handled a lot worse than you may believe. I'm not some baby chick that just showed up."

Oh look, it's a tough guy on the internet. No doubt you're a bad mother******, I can tell from the HARDCORE way in which you post.

17. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    careful Sithy, the new peng might be able to hook us up with all the frozen tater tots we can handle with the prez of No. Cal. frozen food council.

mmmmm.....tater tots......

18. Dex_Luminara

Dex_Luminara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2004
    Amazing Sithy, you managed to zone in on one comment out of a chapters worth of typing on this page and reply in your usual "polite" accordance.

Don't worry about Sithman Femme, more Tater Tots for us....Now if Dartha could just send us some "Jack in the Box" tacos from So-Cal we'd be all set.

19. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "Amazing Sithy, you managed to zone in on one comment out of a chapters worth of typing on this page and reply in your usual "polite" accordance."

I'm best at quoting out of context. :D

Relax buddy, my post wasn't meant to be malicious for goodness' sake. I mean, is anybody around here ever serious about any of our posts? :p

20. SpinyNorman

SpinyNorman Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2004
    Dinsdale!

21. PenguinJedi

Dec 24, 2004
    I'm glad I waited to respond... I was in a foul mood last night and then I read Sithys post... I started to write a response, but chose not to post it... I've had enough bad juju in this lifetime... I don't need to propel myself into more of it. I'm sure Sithy meant no harm, but here's a good example of where typing just doesn't do conversations justice... you never know how some written words can be taken... I'm new here so I don't know the reputations of everyone... hence, I would've had no clue how to take those comments. Since I was already in a bad mood, i began to take it negatively.

I'm still wading out of [or is that waddling out of?] some negative ***t... and I still can't see dry land... but I have no desire to bring personal stuff here... so that's that.

Alrighty... no harm done, I presume.

Now back to your regularly scheduled insanity.

just call me...
    Pen (Guin)

22. Dex_Luminara

Dex_Luminara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2004
    I'm totally relaxed. I don't take you seriously, Sithy, unless you're talking about some new project or something. I'm just given you sh**. But as you see from Mr. Guin's response all it takes is a bad mood when you're reading something and it's instantly taken in the most pessimistic light possible. And then it's Rabid Wolverine all over again! ;) Maybe we should consider a one week grace period on the noobs so they can gauge those who talk seriously and those of us who are pranksters. Yeah, right, welcome to the Wolves Den. Or Goat-Herd depending on your point of view. I thought I toned it down quite a bit actually....hmmm...have to tame my sarcasm a bit more from now on.

"It's only a game till someone loses an eye", of course Goat is the only one I know with sharp weaponry near the computer! LOL

23. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I'll letcha in on a little secret: nearly everyone on the Chicago board is an @sshole. I'm not saying that to be cool, as in "yeah, we're all a buncha bad boys"; we genuinely are @ssholes. It's nothing personal, kid. So try not to take it that way when we make fun of each other's typos, or when we berate everyone else's favorite John Hughes flick, or if -Dog forbid- we're too busy goofing around to worry if someone else on the board may be in a poopy mood and not enjoy some harmless snarky comment.

-Le Penguin
    "Then again, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong."

24. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    As an aside to Sithy and Dex (after the "tough guy" and "Mr. Guin" comments), I don't know if you've checked out the Wolf Angel website listed in the sig, but Pen Guin seems awfully girly-looking to be calling a "Mister".

Wow, look at me, the PC police. Who woulda freakin' thought?

25. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "or if -Dog forbid- we're too busy goofing around to worry if someone else on the board may be in a poopy mood and not enjoy some harmless snarky comment."

This is why I like you, Peng (the real one). Honestly, if you're in a bad mood, stay off the internet or learn that your being in such a mood has nothing to do with the fun that we're having and shouldn't affect it.

"As an aside to Sithy and Dex (after the "tough guy" and "Mr. Guin" comments), I don't know if you've checked out the Wolf Angel website listed in the sig, but Pen Guin seems awfully girly-looking to be calling a "Mister"."

Oooooooh. Now I understand why she's been acting so funny the last few days. :D [face_devil] It all makes sense.

[image=http://www.wolfeangel.us/swine1.jpg]

YET ANOTHER QUALITY MEMBER!!!!!!11!1! WELCOME TO CHICAGO FORCE!!!!!!1!11!!1111!!!one!!1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.