main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

another question...

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by King Adrock, Jan 7, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeditictac

jeditictac Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 1999
    flagg greetings and welcome. i would answer your question but Yoshi has beaten me to it (and done a far better job then i would have i might add0. btw where did you get your screen name? i seem to remember reading a book with a character by that name. I believe it was stephen king's the eyes of the dragon and the character was teh bad magician. however, it has been ages since i have read that book so i'm not sure about it and think perhaps my mind is playing tricks on me.

2. Red One

Red One Jedi Master star 1

Jul 7, 1999
    Uh,...Look below. This one is for you, GentleBant Red One out http://redone.easynews.com/move.lukepilot.gif

Strange things are afoot at the JC.

[This message has been edited by Red One (edited 01-10-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Red One (edited 01-10-2000).]

3. Arsinoe

Arsinoe Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    Hello everyone!! Hello to flagg
    *waves*!

Thanks for the compliment on the cloak Hernalt. And I agree with you, there is nothing like a powerful female! [rant] Too bad there aren't more depictions of powerful, confident, strong, and emotionally together women coming out of Hollywood.
    *Wishes Hollywood would just get the point!!* [/rant]

Rebel Operative, it's great to hear that the thread is archived at the RHS .. but I feel that we should petition the Admins to get it archived here as well. As part of the history of the JC and all.
    I'm wondering if Saché of Naboo has to be the person to pester them to archive the thread.

GentleBant, you're welcome for the cloak! I have know idea what will happen next over there! I tried to set myself up to get kidnapped in the old thread but no one took the bait. *sigh* E-mail me if you want to do some brainstorming over the RP. And btw what is an eCircle? I have never heard of one before .. you now have me curious!

4. Red One

Jul 7, 1999
    Hello everyone,

A new Thread. Yiipppeeeee.

And all the new members. Yeah!!!!

And for my Eirtaé friends (oh I love this part so much that I posted it in Fan fic too.)

A tribute to the Royal Handmaiden:
    Eirtaé -Friday Wilson

http://redone.easynews.com/friday_wilson.jpg

and

http://redone.easynews.com/z-try.jpg

from

http://redone.easynews.com/the_fab_3_small.jpg

and

http://redone.easynews.com/move.eirtae_hanger.jpg

and

http://redone.easynews.com/move.eirtae-a-sabe.jpg

and

http://redone.easynews.com/move.eirtae-09.jpg

and

http://redone.easynews.com/handmaiden_bg-EIRTAE.jpg

Yeah!!!

RHS Royal Crest
    http://redone.easynews.com/move.RHS-royal.jpg

Red One out http://redone.easynews.com/move.lukepilot.gif

This tribute just needed to be posted again. Red One lifts his glass and tilts it to Eirtaé/Friday Wilson:
    To Eirtaé

Entrapment at Caveat
    By Red One

Captain Panaka stepped out of his speeder. It had been a long trip. Far too long for his taste. He was standing in a remote river valley village called Caveat. The rugged mountains were covered with trees and the river meandered through the valley off in the distance. The wind shear through the mountain passes made travel by air extremely difficult and quite a bit risky. Captain Panaka did not take unnecessary risks and there were no time constraints to counter the risk of traveling here by air. The speeder route, although safe enough, had seemed more strenuous than what he had remembered from his earlier trips around the area, however.

His datapad chirped at him and he jumped. Yes, he was nervous. It had been three years since working with the operative that he was about to meet. He looked down at the screen. Eirtaé. The name called to him, called up distant memories of secret missions and subterfuge at court in the name of Royal Protocol performed by a fourteen year old delicate girl who had been trained for over ten years by the Royal Intelligence Matrix, RIM for short, for royal court operations. Her profile had not changed much. It was still practically blank. He was unsure of his gut feeling to be here. Analytically speaking, Eirtaé did not match up at all with the template he was using for the Queen's duly appointed Handmaidens. Her complexion was fair and her hair was golden yellow. Her high cheekbones and poise spoke of a past dignity that could not be dismissed. It was there. She was regal. The queen would notice and most likely not approve, people would notice, and Captain Panaka's gut told him, potential assassins would notice. She would provide an unstable and unaccountable factor to critical situations. That is what he needed to round out his selections.

":panaka" a voice said behind him. He jumped again. "I should kill you where you stand."

"Now now, Eirtaé, what kind of greeting would that be for your old, uh...Boss." Panaka replied uneasily.

"An appropriate one." She replied with ice in her voice. "But I said that I should kill you, not that I will. What on Naboo brings you up to Caveat?"

Captain Panaka breathed a visible sigh of relief. "I have a need for your special talents. The newly elected Queen of Naboo needs Royal Handmaidens to complete her ima.." Captain Panaka exhaled, never completing the sentence as Eirtae's foot connected with his mid torso and ribs, knocking him off his feet and on the Giam speeder. He made a move for his hold out blaster but it was to late. Eirtaé had followed her roundhouse kick to his chest with a draw and activation of her vibroblade and plunged the point through Panaka's hand and holster into the speeder's smooth metallic skin pinning them together. Panaka screamed.

Eirtaé stood up from her attack crouch to her full height. Panaka was panting as he looked up at her. The late afternoon sun was behind her silhouette blinding him. "Choose your next words carefully, Panaka, you stunted gungan slime; I do not like being called upon to attend to a naïve young girl's desire to find a suitor. Handmaiden indeed" she

5. Red One

Jul 7, 1999
    Just trying to force something, Please disregard this message [Red One waves his hand in front of your face]You never even saw this message[/Red One waves his hand in front of your face]

6. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    "I do not see Red One's post...I do not see Red One's post...I do not see Red One's post......" (Oh, and I got that pic posted in the eCircles photo album....<EG> )

<G>

[aside]Arsinoe, we should talk about our course of action, yes.....hehehehehehe[/aside] And I'll email you about the circle tomorrow.

Hi to eveyone! I'd name all of you who are now here, but I'm tired and it's late--I'll catch up with you all in a future post--forgive my rudeness!

Off to sleepytimeland I go, to dream of sugarplums and of my secret life as a HM.....zzzzzzzzzz.....'night RHS!

7. Lieutenant Piett

Lieutenant Piett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 1999
    Lt. Piett, Senior Sabéologist, checking in, glad to be back on terra firma! I was getting vertigo from being on the 25th floor of the previous RHS skyscraper, grand though it was.

Good to see so many familiar fac... erm, UserNames! Especially Yané of Naboo -- back from Winter break? But no more especially than anyone else here. You know. Anyway. Welcome flagg. Crescent; jeditictac; Moriah; -- good to see you all!

Whither Saché of Naboo and Queen Sabé? JediGaladriel? Has Darth Happy finally been sedated into a coma? Go-Mer's got his hands full right now, I know, psychoanalyzing Bashers . . .

Feh. The RHS is Sanctuary!!

GB -- thank you for the Tylenol. (Swallows two, with water) Ahhh. It's not the posting; it's the editing that kills me.

BTW...I think your img-caption above should read, "Cristina and Keira, standing unjustly in the shadows of her Majesty." (OOOooh! redface.gif Watch it now!)

Did everyone get their Forum7/HTML/003281.htmlChristmas Presents?
    I threw the tree out; it was dry and shedding needles -- real fire hazard.

Red One -- -- I knew you were back in town when tons of images called "Eirtaé" started loading on in. And of course, we needed to see the HM Insignia here!

(NOTE: The following paragraph is prefaced with toward Arsinoe!)

WELL I just finished watching Keira (swoon!) as "Rose Fleming" in Oliver Twist and oh mercy is our Decoy really coming into her own as an actress!! I actually saw traces of Sabé in the way she carried herself -- she's developing her own style! This is a great thing to witness. In fact, I saw "echoes" of all her previous roles in the way she acted. Consistency yields integrity.

There's this great little subtle thing she does in TPM: on the Marie Celeste, just after she says Artoo "deserves our gratitude", she does a sort of fetching (so sez I, of course) "slow blink" before she redirects her attention to Panaka and says, "Continue, Captain." She does the same gesture while addressing little Oliver in OT! You can practically see the Scar of Remembrance on her lip.

Her lips. Oh, Great Otoh Gunga. Don't get me started . . . that studly older dude she mashes mouth with -- it's a wonder he was still in one piece afterward! -- had better count his blessings in this life. Blessings, I say. <jealousy> Hrrrrrumph. </jealousy>

And, like not only Sabé but "Young Judith" and "Young Celia" too, she doesn't put up with any poodou from anybody as "Rose Fleming". What were you saying, Hernault...?
    There's nothing like a powerful female.
    Hear; hear! (Raises HM-insignia-inlaid glass of something)

Anywé . . . class + subtlety + elegance =

http://www.delanet.com/~kpfeiffe/OT115b.jpg

(Brought to you by towards QuiGon'sPadawan...)

Monitor, monitor, on the table --
    Who's the Bravest, the Most Able?

http://www.delanet.com/~kpfeiffe/KieraSabe.jpg

**Piett**

[This message has been edited by Lieutenant Piett (edited 01-10-2000).]

8. Red One

Jul 7, 1999
    This is for your curiosity, GentleBant:

Forum7/HTML/003637.html Forum7/HTML/003637.html

It is in reference to what you were wondering I was going to do Sunday afternoon.

C-ya

9. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    ***BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! Warning: Red One has gone on an Eirtaé rampage! Red One has gone on an Eirtaé rampage! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!***

You have been warned!!!!

Good morning, RHS!!!!

10. Yané of Naboo

Yané of Naboo Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 1999
    So my post in the old thread did show up, eh? Thanks for reposting it GB; I had forgot what I had written.

Hi RO, I'm happy that you are confident of my ability to come up with something constructive. It will be a challenge though....

Thanks for the welcome Piett . But I am not back at school yet. (I've got another week at home--YIPPEEE!) I really dread starting the spring semester.

hello to all members new and old.

[This message has been edited by Yané of Naboo (edited 01-10-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Yané of Naboo (edited 01-10-2000).]

11. flagg

flagg Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 1999
    jeditictac - well spotted. Flagg was the villain in several King books, including Eyes of the Dragon and The Stand. He's second only to Vader, IMO.
    BTW, who would like to see more SW spin-off movies made? The Handmaidens would get their own movie, of course Also, the bounty hunters and the Sith would be cool.

12. Lt. Page

Lt. Page Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 3, 1999
    Greetings everyone! It is good to see us in a new home at last. The old thread was geting a little hard to use. But it did reach our goal of 1000 posts!!!

Glad to see everyone returning. Great work everyone who provided such an indepth summary of what our society is all about!

Off we go into a brave new century!

13. Magpie Jen

Magpie Jen Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 1999
    3 cheers for RHS 2000!
    Or should that be 5 cheers?!
    Sabé!
    Rabé!
    Yané!
    Saché!
    Eirtaé!

I go away for a weekend and so much happens... Congrats to the old thread and it's venerable 1000 posts.

14. Réka

Réka Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 1999
    Hi all, this is Réka, once again checking in on the new thread--but this time, it's a happier occasion, because it's by our choice.

Lt.Piett, that FAQ is perfect. I loved it!

I just checked the old thread--the topic list says that it has 1001 replies, but the last one I can see is still Lt.Piett's (the one with the award medallion). Apparently, a whole weekend wasn't enough to get those last posts "unstuck". Oh, well. Now we have a brand-spanking-new thread to enjoy.

15. Rebel Operative

Rebel Operative Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 18, 1999
    GentleBant: Red One may be on a Eirtaé rampage, but now Lt. Peitt is on a Sabé rampage. Wait...they've always been like that!

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    Nice pics BTW.

Thanks for the compliment, Lt. Page. We RHS members strive to keep this sanctuary (as Piett calls it) as lively as possible.

CresentJedi: thanks for the link to the RHS FanFic thread. I'll look foward to reading some more of your work soon.

Yané of Naboo: I'm sure your moment will come.

Welcome back flagg, Réka, and Magpie Jen.

Hopefully, the others will return to us soon. Long live the RHS.

"May the Force be with you this millennium."
    - REBSTER: Hero of the Rebel Alliance.

16. Yoshi the Green Jedi

Yoshi the Green Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 11, 1999
    Now all we need is for Hernault to go on a Rabe rampage. Rabe rampage...that sounds funny.

Anyway, I'd like to do that eCircle thingie, whatever it is. As for archiving our old thread, who is going to email the admins?

I searched IMBd a couple days ago for our favorite actresses.

1) Sofia Coppola has been 12 films, the most of any actress playing a handmaiden. Interestingly, 2 are the Godfather movies where she played extras (since her father directed it).

2) Natalie Portman has been in 9 films, including Where the Heart Is, which is coming out this summer, and not including Ep. II and III.

3) Keira Knightley has been in 5 films, two of which were made-for-TV miniseries (this includes Oliver Twist).

4) Friday Wilson has been in 3 movies. One of the other ones was a 1995 flick called Life 101, where she played a random college student who probably didn't have any lines. Also, she is credited for some reason in a 1967 film from Sri Lanka that never aired in the US. I find this hard to believe, but oh well.

5) Candice Orwell and Karol Cristina da Silva have never been any other film besides TPM.

Ok, done with random stuff. Now I have to do my homework.

[This message has been edited by Yoshi the Green Jedi (edited 01-10-2000).]

17. Lieutenant Piett

Lieutenant Piett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 1999
    Rampages? Well, more like . . . celebrations, or tributes, or parades, or honorariums, or something. I haven't knocked over any buildings yet! (Though LFL better get their act together about giving due Respect, before I ever get to California...)

Good work Yoshi. I haven't been to the IMDB in a while -- indeed, I'll want to see that they updated Keira's profile!

Moriah Oragana of A. -- to answer your question, I think we surmised sometime before that the same scenario for a King of Naboo would entail him having a team of valets. (Valét? No doubt a pun was done on this before...)

**Piett**

18. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    OK, I'm back! Rampages--eh? <G> Let's keep the new hall nice and shiny, shall we??? (teehee!)

[aside]OK, once again--the eCircle is up-and-coming, though all of you who have expressed interest/curiosity would be graciously welcome to come and see. It's nothing spectacular, just a nice little place to visit and post--we are in the process of adding silly pics that we would never post here <G>, and scheduling a time to try out the chat room there. I will send an invite to all those who have mentioned it, however unwittingly, in their posts. Feel free to cruise on by and check things out once you've got the invitation (via email--so if you don't have an address posted, I can't invite you), and you are under absolutely no obligation to stay there if you don't feel comfortable. Members so far include: GentleBant, Lt. Piett, Qui-Gon's Padawan, CrescentJedi, Red One, jeditictac, and a so-far-absent Magpie Jen.[/aside]

Let's see, onto those greetings I'd promised--Hello and welcome to flagg, greeetings and welcome back Moriah, Réka, and Lt. Page!

A dancing Natalie, just for fun...<G>
    http://www.funlinked.com/critter/queenam1.gif

Smileys to all! http://indigo.ie/~owenc/starwars/images/council.gif

19. Darth Hello Kitty

Darth Hello Kitty Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 1999
    Rebel Operative, I love what you've done to the place. Martha Stewart would definitely approve.

Hello RHSers young and old, nice to see you,flagg. GentleBant I am interested in your ecircle!

BTW, if people are interested in Sofia Coppola's wedding pictures I can send some or post it here (just what we need, more pics ). I've never posted an image before so if a kind person would offer some tips I would be forever grateful.

---DHK

[This message has been edited by Darth Hello Kitty (edited 01-11-2000).]

20. CrescentJedi

CrescentJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 1999
    Wrapping up some old business--
    Since the Christmas party thread kind of fizzled out, I did not get to finish a scenario that I had started. I think it's only fair now that I close that out.

When we left, Keira clone was not cooperating with our esteemed Piett. I snagged Yane's Ewan clone and Keira clone for a photo session. She was tipsy from three mugs of the Lt's eggnog, and inclined to hit on Ewan clone, especially after I got them in costume. I'll skip the details of the picture taking and go right to the end.
    ---------------------------------------------

"Do we have to go back now?" KC giggled. "I'm just getting into it. My original shouldn't have all the fun."

"She doesn't," CJ said. "She never even got this close to Ewan while making the film. "Anyway, Piett is getting lonely and even the poster size print I'm gonna make for him of you in the red battle outfit won't comfort him if you don't go spend a little time with him."

"Awww," whined KC and she fell back against Ewan clone.

"It's not that I don't like you, Love," EC said. "But we are someone else's gifts. Crescent is right, you should go out and see Piett."

"Why don't you try a mind whammy," CJ suggested helpfully.

"I don't think I can do that, but I'll try," EC shrugged. He passed his hand in front of KC's face and she blanked out.

"Hmmm," CJ mused. "The alcohol must have lowered her resistance. Give it a shot, EC"

"You like Piett a lot," the clone said. "In fact you'd like to get him under the mistletoe."

"I'd love to get Piett under the mistletoe," KC said.

"You want to see him now," EC told her.

KC got up and walked out of the side room.

CJ and EC winked at each other.

KC entered the hall where the party continued. She went straight to Piett, and without a word, pulled him under the mistletoe and planted a big smackaroo right on him.

The other partygoers watched in amazement as Piett had steam emitting from his ears for a second time that evening.

Hope you like that, Lt!!

Cheers,
    Amy

21. Réka

Réka Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 1999
    Hi everyone! Since we are now on the second page of this incarnation of the thread, I think it's high time we got down to some serious discussion. <Réka realizes who she's talking to> Ok, well, semi-serious discussion. <still doesn't sound appropriate> Ok, ok. It's time to talk about an actual topic, while pretending to be serious grown-ups. <hmm... well, anywé... >

I just realized that we've discussed all sorts of thing about the Royal Five: what they wear, what they do, what sort of flowers their arrangement around the queen symbolizes, what the colors of their outfits symbolize, etc. We've even discussed which name is our favorite. But we've never discussed the symbolism/meaning of the names themselves! We've never done the "name origins" discussions that still pop up occasionally for Qui-Gon and Padmé. What kind of Royal Handmaiden Society are we, anyway?

I'll take a short stab at it, although I know precious little about the subject. (JediGaladriel, are you out there?)

Sabé: diminutive form of Isabella, which in turn is a form of Elisabeth, meaning "consecrated to God" or "God's Oath". (I'll leave the symbolism discussion to someone less literal-minded than myself).

Rabé: short for Arabella, "beautiful altar".

Yané: might be short for Janet or Janelle, "gracious, merciful" or "God is gracious".

Saché: well, there's the Russian masculine name Sasha (Alexander); the German word for "thing"; or perhaps Sachi, "girl child of bliss"... (where do those baby-name places get their meanings from, anyway?)

Eirtaé: this is the hardest one. It doesn't sound like the short form of any name that I know of. Could be a corrupted form of 'three'--Tertian, Tertius... Anyone have any ideas?

22. Hernault

Hernault Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 5, 1999
    Ok - don't want to look like an idiot...

Rabe is from Aurebesh.. a flower of language.

[This message has been edited by Hernault (edited 01-11-2000).]

23. Qui-Gon's Padawan

Qui-Gon's Padawan Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 1999
    About the HM names meanings...

Sabé
    Sabe: Faithful friend.
    Saba: Old, ancient.
    Sabirah: Patient.
    Sade: Honor confers a crown.
    Sadiki: Believe.

Rabé
    Rabia: Spring.
    Rane: Queen.

Yané
    Yana: He Answers.
    Yachne: Gracious.
    Yanni: Gift of God.
    Yamini: Night.

Eirtaé
    Eitan: Strong, firm.
    Eirene: Peace.

Saché
    Sachiel: Angel of water
    Sachetan: Rational
    Sachita: Consciousness

~QGP

[This message has been edited by Qui-Gon's Padawan (edited 01-11-2000).]

24. Rebel Operative

Rebel Operative Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 18, 1999
    Interesting list describing handmaiden's names, everyone.

GentleBant, please give me more information on the eCircle. I'm interested to see it.

Long live the RHS.

"May the Force be with you this millennium."
    - REBSTER: Hero of the Rebel Alliance.

25. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Hi everybody! And a special welcome to Mani! Do say hello to Moriah for us if you have the chance.

Hey, Réka stole my post/question! I hadn't wanted to post it, since I wasn't sure if it had come up in v1 or 2. <sigh...> Oh well, at least now I'm getting some ideas! And very nice research there, QG'sP, Hernault, and Réka!

Nice ending, there, CrescentJedi! And when can I expect my next helping of Sabé's journal? <G>

Will do my own looking for possibilities, soon...<G>

Good evening all! Welcome to the second story of the brand-new RHS hall! ("And to our left, we see the gardens....")

~GentleBant

[This message has been edited by GentleBant (edited 01-11-2000).]

[This message has been edited by GentleBant (edited 01-11-2000).]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.