main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

another question...

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by King Adrock, Jan 7, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoshi the Green Jedi

Yoshi the Green Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 11, 1999
    NEWSFLASH!!! NEWSFLASH!!! NEWSFLASH!!!

Karol Cristina da Silva, the beautiful actress who played Rabe, apparently played the role of NURSE in the short film Dead on Time!!! Yeah, I know it's some cheap indie film no one will ever see, but still!!! Here's the link:

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0210638 http://us.imdb.com/Title?0210638

2. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    It's your present if you want it to be, Queen Sabé.

Thanks for the b-day well wishes, guys! It was great, and I actually didn't get anything I want to return for cash!

Okay, out of sheer Friday-afternoon induced boredom I watched the first half of Titanic from my sister-- I hereby rescind any sort of agreement on the idea of Leo as Ani! Aye, my eyes have been scarred! *shudders* He's too midgety for the role, anyway... I hereby terminate myself from any further discussion on this matter....

My favorite Ami gown's the Celebration one, followed by the Throne Room and Sabé's battle dress. Aw heck, I love all of 'em. My fave HM dress... gotta love the flame robes. As to Ami's future dresses-- I'm eagerly anticipating seeing what they come up with in the ways of a wedding gown-- Star Wars and weddings... oh, I can't wait!

Réka: Thanks. Though I'd actually be kinda scared if my earlobes ever got that long...

Piett: That stinks, I'm sorry to hear of it-- you're already taking steps in the right direction, asking yourself what the great Sabé would do. I don't know what I'd do if my school had that type of block on the comps-- actually, considering the unsavory types at my school, I'm surprised they don't....

Ugh, I hate laptops, they're so uncomfortable to type on-- I want my old computer back, I miss it...

http://members.tripod.com/qui-gonlist/eirtaequeenrabeescape.gif

3. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Sorry--I don't have much to say, but since this is one of those posts, I'm 60% certain that I'd want it here.

Oh, and any thoughts on my costume/wardrobe question?

Have a happy weekend, all!

4. Yané of Naboo

Yané of Naboo Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 1999
    Sorry--I don't have much to say, but since this is one of those posts, I'm 60% certain that I'd want it here.

oh ye of subtle hints,GB. Congrats!

5. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Aw, gee, when I posted I couldn't see all of these recent posts!

Réka, I'd love to go! Email me, and maybe we can plan something...
    Anybody else in S. Calif interested?

Yoshi, thanks for acknowledging my aside. However, I'm really more interested in what anyone thinks of all of those other items of clothing? Significant or just prop-filler?

Yané <wink> I could never be as clever and subtle as you!

Saché, we await your and Yané's safe return. (My kiddies--and therefore me--don't get off for break until the first week of April. <G> Not that I'd be waiting for that or anything.... )

Hope all is well with all of you!

6. jeditictac

jeditictac Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 1999
    GB yeah the purple dress does have a sad association. which btw i'm wondered why if the queen supposedly wears a new outfit each scene why she wears that outfit and the black one (i've decided to go back to naboo/i think you can kiss...) in two different scenes...~shrug~ i never quite got that. i mean are those two her favorite outfits or what

my take on the kimono outfit. i love the hair except i'm not in love with the gold things over her ears (?) and the fan is okay. as for the dress, it's rather nice but not my fav

darn, i missed saying goodbye

so, i guess i should start posting at the RHS website. i've read through some of the posts but i'm a dork so i never posted rolleyes.gif

ack, half my other post is in bold ~scared~

reka hmm. congrats to your sister on getting married.

my school system does spring break at the end of april :-(

yoshi thanks for the link!

A21 i am also eargerly awaiting the wedding dress (which btw i think the celebration dress would have made a great wedding dress but since it's used ;-). i hope they don't get dorky and leave out the wedding so they don't have to do the dress...

has anyone checked out the a**** **** fiction yet????

7. Queen Sabé

Queen Sabé Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 3, 1999
    Réka, thank you for providing a link to the official site's article about the costume display. Seeing those pictures gave me an idea for an extra credit project for my costuming class.

jeditictac, I'll watch "What's Eating Gilbert Grape" and "The Basketball Diaries" if you watch "Romeo and Juliet" and "The Man in the Iron Mask." I can see how good he was and you can judge for yourself whether or not he has lost something. I liked "Titanic" because of the time invested into the historical accuracy, the music, and the special effects, all of which I have to admit were phenominal.

Alderaan21, thanks for the "unbirthday" present. Glad to hear your real birthday went so well! Nothing you want to return for cash confused.gif That's pretty good

GentleBant, what costume question?

Lt.Piett, I've written you a song. Actually, I've only reworked a previously written song.

What Would Sabé the Great One do?
    (to the tune of WW Brian Boitano do?)

What would Sabé the Great One do
    If she was here right now,
    She'd make a plan
    And she'd follow through,
    That's what Sabé the Great One'd do

When Sabé the Great One was in battle,
    fighting for her Queen,
    She took a hit and a still fought hard,
    it was a sight to see!

When Sabé the Great One was in the sea,
    Fighting scary stuff,
    She used her magical Jedi power!
    We can't thank her enough!

What would Sabé the Great One do?
    She'd call all the handmaidens
    And tell them to unite for good
    That's what Sabé the Great One'd do!

When Sabé the Great One went through space
    to lovely Coruscant
    She fought the evil Palpatine,
    crushed him like an ant!

So what would Sabé the Great One do
    If she was here today?
    I'm sure she'd kick an a** or two

That's what Sabé the Great One'd do!

Just for you!

To the entire Royal Handmaiden Society, please hear me out :

We all know Episode 2 is supposed to focus on the Anakin/Amidala romance, yes? Yes. This makes me wonder whether or not there will be as many super costumes in this one as in EP1. The Queen has already been introduced and Naboo saved, so there probably won't be nearly as much political focus, meaning no need for formal royal costume. This could have two different effects on the HM's.(1)They could be more personalized which means we would see their faces, hear them speak more - they would be like friends.(2)George Lucas may consider the need for bodyguards unfounded and therefore eliminate or severely cut back HM presence. I don't think this second option is as likely because I don't think GL would make such a terrible continuity mistake.

I am going to be optimistic, I am going to be optimistic, I am going to be optimistic...

8. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Queen Sabé: You're welcome. Yes, I actually lucked out this year! Great song too, for the Great One herself! As to the handmaidens-- I get the feeling we may see a cameo appearance by all five, but they may just select one and develop her later on. I still think Sabé will sacrifice her life to save her Queen. There's plenty of story openings offered by the neglected NR5....

As to Leo... I've never seen anything of his but Titanic and Romeo and Juliet; I don't think he's that bad of an actor, really, but I don't think he's that special, either. I just don't know if I want him as Anakin. I'm kinda neutral on him. I liked him in R & J; I liked Titanic but I didn't much care for him constantly flirting w/the camera, or the love story.

If they cop out on the wedding, I can think of one... well, I can't think of anything, I'll just be REALLY pissed off... If they only do one kick-@ss dress in the next movie, that should be it.

Lelila, as far as I know, I think you're already a member-- at least I recall seeing your name on the RHS list. If not, just take the pledge shown on the first page of this thread. The handmaiden icons: go back to the first page, there's a post there with all of them. If you've got Windows you right click on the smiley you want and get its properties, which you put in the [ img ] tags.

Saché, is your real name Megan? Cool! Small world...

I believe it is indeed Eirtaé and Rabé in the Senate scene, though I can't back that up...

Those of you going to the LA thing, hope you have fun! I haven't a snail's chance of getting there for it.

I'll try to make it to one of the chats this week, before I go on vacation Thursday....

9. Lord Chewy

Lord Chewy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 1999
    You guys make great threads. Very nice!

10. I Will Make It Legal

I Will Make It Legal Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 1999
  11. Queen Sabé

Dec 3, 1999
    Good Morning RHS! <g>

I decided to wish you all a good morning because someone pulled our fire alarm at 7:30 a.m. and I was up.

Have a good day RHS!

Must stop bashing L**, must stop bashing L**, must stop bashing L**...

12. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    My costume thought:
    "Curious thought--anyone else remember the Rabé speaking/too many HMs pre-Senate scene? (Where, yes, Sabé and Eirtaé are in the black robes? And why I think it's the two of them, all other logic aside, in the Senate floater...but, that's another debate. ) Well, think back to the open wardrobe/trunk--I remember a bright blue dress/cloak and some other oddities in there. Did we ever see any of these other outfits? I don't believe they were all the Queen's clothing, though I could be wrong..." The emphasis was meant to be on her wardrobe case, not on who was in the Senate scene...<sigh>

Good Morning! I'm just running through here, quickly...

Thanks for the compliments, Lord Chewy (is that really you? are you back?) and IWMIL. Nice to see you! Come by any time....

Great lyrics, QS. Keep 'em coming...

And yes, "We will be optimistic, we will be optimistic...we will fire off many harsh letters to GL if he doesn't comply--oops! I mean, we will be optimistic..." <G>

Anyone want to chat tomorrow night?

Well, a happy remaining weekender to us all!

13. jeditictac

Oct 14, 1999
    queen sabe hmmm...i shall ramble yet again on leo- i've seen all the movies you listed except the bastketball diaries. never got around to it. i did like the man in the iron mask alot though and what's eating gilbert grape and romeo and juliet (although i wasn't to happy with the new mixed with old thing. mainly cause shakespeare gives me headaches when reading it ;-) as for him losing something, i think it is entirely possible. there are moments in all of his films that i've seen where i've flinched at how he did or said something. yet i like natalie portman and some parts of TPM had me flinching too. ~shrugs~ i still think he's a good actor but not the best actor and i still don't want him touching star wars (not even as an extra)

lol on your 'what would sabe the great one do?' even if it was more for someone else!

regarding QS's theory on the HMs and Amidala hmmm. i like your theory on seeing more of the handmaidens faces and them being portrayed more as friends. i can also see amidala being not so formal. however, i still think she'll be formal in at least half of the movie. why? because ani is a jedi learner and i doubt even though this is their romance that they will have tons of time together especiall since the galazy should be in turmoil since things have to be happening leading towards the empire. i just imagine that the romance will be like in ESB, romance while action is occuring, and also it will feature in between romance (meaning that ami and ani will steal time for each other so to speak). also naboo have her formal because they are an arty culture, as such i think that any time she is in public she will be formal unless she is in disguise walking amongst her people. as i stated before, while naboo has been saved, the galazy has not. palpy must be starting his rise to power or in the process of making his power total, thus since that is political i think there will still be politics and thus, she'll still need to be formal at times as will the HMs. (i wonder if palpy will try to use her as he did to become chanceller, after all something was important about naboo then so why not now. and if that is the case she may start to question his loyalities. of couse that is very unlikely speculation but still i kinda like speculating). oh, and i also doubt he'd cut them out since continuity would be like what? he may cut two out and replace them though (time restraints on their parts) but i doubt all five would not be able/willing to do it. well, anyway i hope he wouldn't cut them out.

14. Yané of Naboo

Yané of Naboo Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 1999
    Thanks Lord Chewy. this is a nice thread isn't it?

"Huzzah!" I think that's the first time I've seen that word on the forums. It's nice to know that I am not the only one who has had occassion to use it.

On to some actual HM-ly news. I'm not sure if this is old news or new news to you guys but I thought that I would bring it up. I just finished reading my sister's copy of PREMIERE magazine, and there is a nice (short but very nice) article on Sofia in it with some great pics. I checked out the mags site and found this link: http://www.premieremag.com/Premiere/FrameSet/0,1897,2050_174_3288_1,00.html http://www.premieremag.com/Premiere/FrameSet/0,1897,2050_174_3288_1,00.html
    I didn't read through the online text so I'm not sure if the whole article is posted but I can tell you that there are a few more pics in the magazine. (So if you're in line at the supermarket you can steal a peak at the pics...actually, it's a pretty good issue *warning: it is a special issue entitled "Lust Horizons"* so it wouldn't be a bad buy)
    I'll edit in some of the pics from the online site if this stupid post shows up.

I'm shocked! The stupid post showed up.
    Here are two pics:

http://www.premieremag.com/Premiere/images/300_article_sofia1.jpg

http://www.premieremag.com/Premiere/images/300_article_sofia2.jpg

both very nice pics, IMO.

[This message has been edited by Yané of Naboo (edited 03-05-2000).]

15. Queen Sabé

Dec 3, 1999
    "What Would Sabé the Great One Do?" can be for everyone! I just thought it might make Lt.P feel better.

GentleBant, I would be interested in chatting but I can only do so for an hour at the most because I have a lot of work to do to get ready to go home for Spring Break. About your costume question, I must not be very observant or I have a terrible memory because I don't recall seeing a wardrobe container. I guess I'll have to wait until April.<sigh>

jeditictac, I must agree that every actor has his or her awkward moments. Even her Royal Highness had some weak lines. Case in point: "I ask you...No, I beg you..." That wasn't such a great line delivery.

Also, I like your EP2 ideas. We musn't forget that the Clone Wars will have to be squeezed in at some point, probably EP3. I'm guessing that EP2 will deal with Palpatine's rise to power as a sort of "co-plot" with the romance - in the Visual Dictionary, it says he declares himself Emperor and induces a state of martial law, allowing his Imperial Navy to become his power-enforcing mechanism.
    As for costumes, I hope there will be more in EP2, but I still don't think there will be as many as in the first episode.

Please let the Fab Five be in Episode 2, please let the Fab Five be in Episode 2, please let the Fab Five be in Episode 2...

16. Queen Sabé

Dec 3, 1999
    Oh boy... rolleyes.gif

Check out the most recent snapshot from the official site here:
    http://www.starwars.com/snapshot/2000/09/index5a.html http://www.starwars.com/snapshot/2000/09/index5a.html

It's a palace guard, and a nameless one I might add. I speet on your styoopid palace guard! Apparently, this is just before Anakin enters to ask for Padmé. I'm sure it's his voice with the Rabé quotations at the RHS. They even say the actor's name! Do the handmaidens have names? Yep. Do they get snapshots? Nope. mad.gif mad.gif

<frustrated sigh> rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

17. Red One

Red One Jedi Master star 1

Jul 7, 1999
    Oh, I agree with ya. Nice Pics. Handmaiden develpment is good.

18. Red One

Red One Jedi Master star 1

Jul 7, 1999
    Oh, I agree with ya. Nice Pics. Handmaiden develpment is good.

19. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Nice pics, Yané!

So--how about it? Anyone up for a chat tonight? <asks GB hopefully...>

Have a great one!

20. Réka

Réka Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 1999
    Wow, busy weekend.

I remember seeing the wardrobe containers in the "Anakin can't count handmaidens" scene, but I don't remember what was in them (or even whether we can see into them). Oh well. Is it April 4th yet?

(On second thought, I hope it isn't April yet, because I still have a lot of sewing to do before then. Time flies when you don't want it to. eek.gif )

Nice song, Queen Sabé!

Re: the L** question. I think he's an o.k. actor (he was definitely better when younger, witness Gilbert Grape), but I don't think he'd make a good Anakin. He's too old, for one thing--I don't think he'd be convincing as a 19 year old. And I think GL knows that.

Handmaidens in Ep.II: they'd better be in there! Realistically, there's probably a fair to middlin' chance they won't be, or they'll be even more in the background. But we can hope, can't we?
    There will be handmaidens in Ep.II, there will be handmaidens in Ep.II, there will be handmaidens in Ep.II...

[This message has been edited by Réka (edited 03-06-2000).]

21. Queen Sabé

Dec 3, 1999
    Réka, thanks for the song compliments. Also, I'm afraid I share your feelings about the HM's in EP2, but, as I said before, perhaps they will be developed more as the Queen's friends. We can only hope.

GentleBant, I would be up for an "hour-or-so" chat tonight. Same time(9pm), same place? confused.gif

Please let this post show up, please let this post show up, please let this post show up...

22. jeditictac

Oct 14, 1999
    lord chewy & IWMIL glad you like the thread :-D

yane thanks for the pics and the link! those are both great pics (link is loading).

queen sabe hehe. i thought the delievery would've been better for those lines had it been something like 'i ask...no i beg you' i don't know the first you is kinda distracting to me, seems unnatural ;-) i was also thinking of her face/smile after boss nass did that face thing (grr. why did he have so many twitches it annoyed me :mad
    oh, poo. see, that snapshot just reinforces the loathing those in charge have for the HMs. there are more everythings with everyone else (jabba got more time, guards get more time, the podrace gets way to much time, the senate gets more time, the jedi council gets more time, etc. what about the HMs? grr :-\

btw, i think i shall try scanning a few hm pics and posting them on ecircles cause um, maybe i'll be able to figure out how... :-D

23. jeditictac

Oct 14, 1999
    mad.gif my last post didn't show up :-\
    and i forgot what all i said except nice pics yane :-D
    has anyone added anything to the story yet? ~looking hopeful~

24. Queen Sabé

Dec 3, 1999
    This page seems to be lacking in handmaiden photography so...

http://www.geocities.com/anakin_and_amidala/truth.jpg

Rabé and Sabé

http://www.geocities.com/anakin_and_amidala/queen025.jpg

Sabé and Eirtaé (????)

http://starwarschicks.com/queen/amidala6.jpg

Eirtaé and Rabé

I'm sorry, but I couldn't find postable pictures of Saché or Yané.

25. Rebel Operative

Rebel Operative Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 18, 1999
    Incredible job with the postings, everyone.

Nice pics there, Yané of Naboo. You are still very active, even when you're on your break.

I'm thinking of making an RHS newsletter out again....what do you think? Maybe a new e-mail address for that purpose as well? Hmm?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.