main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

another question...

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by King Adrock, Jan 7, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lieutenant Piett

Lieutenant Piett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 1999
    Hey y'all...boy has this week been rotten! But through it all, I have kept mindful of our icons of duty and integrity . . . the Ugnaughts!

Handmaidens, I mean. Handmaidens. Right. Anywé...

Speaking of icons: that C-3P0 Message Icon just don't look right. Looks like something from Space Invaders or Gorf or something (as Piett shows his age....)

Queen Sabé, thank you for that song! I admit: I'm not familiar with the original "What would Brian Boitano do?" (That's South Park, right? I rarely go there) but your version reads well at any rate.

***********RHS NewsFlashes***************

<LI>Another netizen joins the HMovement! I got an e-mail (asking for permission to use screencaps) from one Whitney Daniels-Brown who has built a page for Amidala & her Loyal Five.... see http://www.danielsbrown.com/whitney/ http://www.danielsbrown.com/whitney/
    for the Queen Amidala and Handmaiden Throne!

<LI>Thumbing through the Episode I Scrapbook (I think its title was), I saw an outtake from the Senate Pod Scene I hadn't seen before, clearly showing Eirtaé as one of those along for the ride! The other HM was of course obscured, but my bets are on her being Rabé.

There is always more Handmaidenology to be done!

Sergé! The suspense is building...!

Saché of N., GB et al . . . sorry to disappoint you but I have left the band for good. For the better! But hey, solo artists need groupies & fan club VP's too!

**Piett**

2. Sergé Eisenstein

Sergé Eisenstein Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 1999
    Well, springtime is nigh, so, what better time for the theatrical re-release of the three as of yet comnpleted episodes of the handmaiden epic poem: NABOO RITES OF SPRING, with at the end a small excerpt of the next episode, which is to be released to a worldwide audience in only five days!!
    That's right: Monday is the day of reckoning! Judgement Day! The long awaited return of director Sergé Eisenstein with the next installment of his timeless epic!

(O.K. Sergé take your meds now)

Can we tell you anything else about the next episode? Well, Fanboy Naughté Naboo #1138, famous for his insightful spy reports from the set, had this to say:

We all know George Lucas tried to downplay the fans' ridiculously high expectations by saying, "it won't be the Second Coming."

Well, Sergé is in fact saying, this *will* be the Second Coming: in fact, The Second Coming is the title of the next episode!
    Yes, that's defintive: The aforementioned Orange Gowns, Red Herrings was only the working title, and was in fact a red herring. We should have seen that one coming...

Sergé went on saying, "you thought you were being surprised by the revelations in Ep. III? Well, wait till you see this one! It's wild! It's outrageous!

In fact, it's nothing like you're expecting, unless you're expecting:

The Second Coming

That was what Sergé told me, Fanboy Naughté Naboo #1138, about the project. He was being very secretive.

Still, a few pictures have leaked through, despite tight defense measures: I'm not allowed to show these pictures or else Sergé wil put a price on my head and send A**ra ***g after me, but I can tell you what I saw:

***SPOILER ALERT!!!***

1) A ghostlike appearance not unlike the Jedi ghosts but dressed in a handmaiden uniform, played by Cindy Crawford.
    2) A Gungan chewing on a gimer stick
    3) Darth Sidious in an...orange cloak!?
    4) Rabé with an antenna in her hand, which looked like it was torn of a human skull if that is even possible (now what could that imply?)

Well, that was Fanboy's long awaited spy report. Now for the theatrical re-release of EP. I, II and III!

And don't forget to stay tuned for the stunning preview of EP. IV: The Second Coming at the end of the show!

NABOO RITES OF SPRING

Theed, oh city full of magic,
    Thou shalt be the stage today
    Whereon this rhyme, so boldly epic,
    Shall be put on fair display.

Show the audience your grace,
    Your wholesome charm and fine mystique,
    Then show it your other face,
    The garbled heaps of vile intrigue.

Show us presently Yané,
    Handmaiden of Royal Station,
    Diligently on this day
    Preparing for the celebration

To be held to hail the green
    Flowering once again in spring,
    Reborn; alike within the Queen
    The wisdom heritage did bring,

Dynasties of ancient lore
    That speak to us throughout the ages;
    Their culture the Naboo adore,
    Even when disaster rages...

Yané is readying the flawless
    Garments which the Queen do please;
    Adornment worthy of a goddess,
    Robes which once a year must seize

The eyes of all the joyful masses;
    Women, children, high men, low men,
    Hereby know that Spring will bless us,
    Lest it be an evil omen...

Then appeared without a sign
    In Amidala's dressing quarters
    A vilest beast, most unbenign,
    A flying monkey from the borders!

Its grin was foul and merciless
    But Yané wouldn't give in to fear;
    She had to guard the royal dress,
    Disaster were it to disappear!

But then it spoke: "If thy would,
    fair handmaiden, save thy dear life,
    Now then that my will is good;
    I wish to save the Royal Five!"

"I trust thee not, thou impure thing!"
    Said Yané as she took a stance,
    "Preparest now, for I will fling
    your monkey bottom from here hence!"

But then replied that wily ape:
    "Alas! I feared that this would be:
    Among those with the Orange Cape
    Thou art the by far the most silly!

Now drink this draft, and be transported
    To my master's hidden lair;
    His evil plans must be aborted
    yet I see you do not dare!"

"We are brave," she said aglow,
    "And I most certainly am not daft!
    Yet I admit I did not know
    that "sought" can never rhyme with "draught.

3. jeditictac

jeditictac Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 1999
    queen sabe spiffy pics :-D

RebO hmm....what would be in this newsletter? and by new email do you mean you and if so i think that is a very very wise decision. that way you wouldn't clog up your other email with things concerning the newsletter :-D

piett the c3p0 icon looks like a lightbolb from the reply thingy, only in big form does it even represent 3p0. anyways anytime i see it i laugh (lightbolb hehe)
    thanks for the link to the webpage :-D

Sergé yay! another part! can't wait. judging from the teaser it'll be the best yet

4. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Nice, Sergé! Beautiful work.

Hmm, some of those pics look kind of familiar, QS...

To usher in the new page:

http://dasd.ecircles.com/magic/products/photo/nshow.cgi/1551791/1/1875287/b8e7a34563d28efe8b4b7703306dd1ea/15/photo.jpg

http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/~duffy/btravel1.jpg I never get tired of this pic.

Hmm, just noticed the new icons. So-- we have two Ewok icons, two droids, but STILL no Handmaiden icon...

[This message has been edited by Alderaan21 (edited 03-08-2000).]

5. Yané of Naboo

Yané of Naboo Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 1999
    Sergé, Well, I'm definitely in suspence now. I can't wait for more.

But hey, solo artists need groupies & fan club VP's too!
    Ok, I can't help but LOL everytime I see what I had written here. I had made inquiries as to what a "groupie" does, having a general idea in my mind, but I was hoping there was an alternative definition. Anyway, the phrase "volunteer my "groupie" services" just makes me LOL ecerytime I read it. (if you didn't catch what I had written here this probably doesn't make any sense...of course I'm usually nonsensical so this is just more of the same, eh?)

http://www.geocities.com/audrey_yane/images/audrey5.jpg
    just testing something...this should be a small pic

[This message has been edited by Yané of Naboo (edited 03-10-2000).]

6. Queen Sabé

Queen Sabé Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 3, 1999
    Alderaan21, those pics are from YOUR SITE!!!! It's the only one I can find to link from. RHS won't do it, my site won't do it. Star Wars Chicks works - that's where the big kimono pic came from.

Lt.Piett, I'm sorry to hear that w*** is giving you such a hard time...I'm glad you enjoyed the song. And yes, it is South Park...

jeditictac, have you read our latest attempt at trying to convincing GL to let us be handmaidens at eCircles? You should!

Sergé Eisentstein, great work! I'd never read the Naboo Rites of Spring before.

7. Yané of Naboo

Aug 21, 1999
    Well, it looks like my sleep-deprived post from last night has yet to show up...

This is neither here nor there, but I was looking at the Saché pic and was shocked to see that I could actually see the features of her face! What a difference a decent monitor can do.

8. Réka

Réka Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 1999
    Everyone: Check out http://theforce.nettheforce.net's front page!!! Specifically, look in the top right-hand corner, in the "TF.N Cool Site" box.

(Congrats, Qui-Gon's Padawan!)

Could official recognition be far behind?

9. Arsinoe

Arsinoe Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    Hi everyone,

Oi! I've been waaaay too busy .. way too busy. *sigh* At this rate you will be seeing me post once a month. redface.gif Ach!

Anyway .. it's very nice to see new members come into the fold!! *waves*

ooo .. more Naboo Rites of Spring!!!

Wow!! our happy little thread is now out to 14 pages again!!

btw ... the main page of TF.N lists the RHS website as a "Cool Site"
    http://www.theforce.net/links/ http://www.theforce.net/links/

Woo hoo!! We've made the big time.

10. Arsinoe

Arsinoe Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    HEY!! I only hit the button once!! Sheesh!

[This message has been edited by Arsinoe (edited 03-12-2000).]

11. Réka

Réka Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 1999
    Yesterday's posts still haven't shown up. This is depressing. Maybe this post will help break the bottleneck...

12. Rebel Operative

Rebel Operative Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 18, 1999
    Lt. Piett, come here more often and chat with us after a day at w**k.

If only we could get everyone together for a chat at the same time....

Alderaan21, thanks for the pics. It feels so relaxing to see such nice handmaidens after a w**k week, especially Rabé.

13. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Hey! I still can't see any new posts! &lt;mumble....&gt;

Well, because I insist on believing that this post will one day appear, I'm going to keep typing anyway!

We had our talent show the other night, and one of the groups did a lip-synch of "Mambo #5." Of course, I couldn't help but mouth the HM version along with the kids' "real" version. Just a little note...

When the posts start showing, I'll come back and post more. &lt;G&gt;

P.S. I hereby officially volunteer for Piett's music fan club!

14. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    BTW, go here: Forum6/HTML/001320.html Forum6/HTML/001320.html
    and vote for a HM icon!

Happy Weekending!

15. Yoshi the Green Jedi

Yoshi the Green Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 11, 1999
    Uh oh. We're only halfway to 1000, and already posting trouble? Curse the evil server.

Woah, it's been a while since I posted. Can't wait for Ep.IV, Serge!

About those Sofia Coppola pictures...

She looks really &lt;censored by Sache of Naboo&gt; in that particular picture.

No, actually, those pictures are really pretty. Speaking of which, when does her movie come out?

Here they are again:

http://www.premieremag.com/Premiere/images/300_article_sofia1.jpg

http://www.premieremag.com/Premiere/images/300_article_sofia2.jpg

16. Yoshi the Green Jedi

Yoshi the Green Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 11, 1999
    Uh oh. We're only halfway to 1000, and already posting trouble? Curse the evil server.

Woah, it's been a while since I posted. Can't wait for Ep.IV, Serge!

About those Sofia Coppola pictures...

She looks really &lt;censored by Sache of Naboo&gt; in that particular picture.

No, actually, those pictures are really pretty. Speaking of which, when does her movie come out?

Here they are again:

http://www.premieremag.com/Premiere/images/300_article_sofia1.jpg

http://www.premieremag.com/Premiere/images/300_article_sofia2.jpg

17. jeditictac

Oct 14, 1999
    yane i like that pic. when are you going to hand out your web addy? i'm guessing that is where that is from...

QG'sP congrats! of course, we always knew your site was cool though

hey, i have decided to make a website. what kind? a star wars one. yes, i know there's like billions out there but i want to be just another number with just another normal, or not quite normal cause it's so bad, website :) i just need to figure out how to do html code (i have a tutorial ;-) and um, figure out where i can get the most space for free (no starwars.com though cause i'm scanning my images and i don't want to limit my options :) btw it's basically in my head right now gonna be a pics and links page. pics of princess leia, the queen, the handmaidens (doh ;-) and a few pics of the good guys and a very few pics of the bad guys. why am i doing this? cause i'm a dork and might as well learn how to do a webpage :-D any advice to offer me, a computer knownot?

18. Yané of Naboo

Aug 21, 1999
    jeditictac, yes that last pic I posted is from my page. http://www.geocities.com/audrey_yane/audegallery.com http://www.geocities.com/audrey_yane/audegallery.com
    this is the only page I have working right now, I have some more things to upload

well, I got my space at geocities, mostly by default because I already have a yahoo email address. If I recall correctly, jeditictac you have a yahoo account so you might consider setting up your page there.

If you need any help/advice feel free to email me (I'm no expert but I know my way around simple HTML)

19. Saché of Naboo

Saché of Naboo Jedi Master star 2

Sep 23, 1999
    I'm BAAAAACK!

Okay, I just read through who knows how many posts and I don't remember everything that I wanted to comment on, so here's the quickie rundown:

We're a "Cool site"? Yay! Way to go, QGP!!

Piett, I'm sorry to hear that things didn't work out with the band, but I'll still be your groupie! &lt;G&gt;

LC and IWMIL, nice to see you both drop by!

QS, good job!

Sergé, Bravo!

And... Réka, well, compared to when I was in HS, yes, break is relatively early. However, when one considers that our last day of classes is May 1st and that our Spring Break actually breaks our semester at the half-way point, it doesn't seem so early.

And I think that I covered it. Whew!

20. jeditictac

Oct 14, 1999
    where is everyone? do we want to start a new thread due to the glitches in this one or what? ie, everyone but me is super busy ;-)

21. I Failed To Make It Legal

I Failed To Make It Legal Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2000
    I think you handmaiden lovers are probably the nicest, most polite people on the JC. What a lovely thread!

22. Yané of Naboo

Aug 21, 1999
    More Sofia Info...

Yoshi her film, "The Virgin Suicides" is opening in the US April 7.

here is a link to yet another Sofia/"Virgin Suicides" article (sadly no pics in this one): http://www.salon.com/ent/movies/int/2000/02/01/coppola/index.html http://www.salon.com/ent/movies/int/2000/02/01/coppola/index.html

and here is a link to "The Virgin Suicides" site if you are looking for info from the horses mouth (so to speak)(where did that come from "from the horses mouth?") http://www.virginsuicides.com http://www.virginsuicides.com
    just as a heads up, there is a section at the site entitled "Ask Sofia," Obviously the questions you ask (via email) are supposed to deal with "The Virgin Suicides" in some way so I guess that nixes any SW, HM questions.

hmm, maybe I'll luck out and this post will actually show up. (I'm still waiting for my last one to mystically appear)

Yané

[This message has been edited by Yané of Naboo (edited 03-13-2000).]

23. Sergé Eisenstein

Sergé Eisenstein Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 1999
    Sergé: I'm sorry teacher, but A**ra ***g ate my homework.
    Teacher: &lt;Vadervoice&gt;I want that poem, Sergé...not excuses.&lt;/Vadervoice&gt;

H*ly mol*y, have I been busy...I'm not as far as I hoped I would have been, with school and all, but I've done a fair bit,and the way it is now, it is quite a complete episode... Actually, the last two or three couplets of EPISODE IV: The Second Coming are not yet finished, so I'll present those in a few days, in EPISODE IV: The Second Coming S(pecial)E(dition)

O.K. then, drumroll, etc.
    &lt;suspense building&gt;

NABOO RITES OF SPRING
    EPISODE IV

The Second Coming

"Oh yes," said Aurra Sing to her,
    "I know you know it to be true;
    Your past is now a hazy blur,
    But it will soon come back to you.

Let us go now to my Master
    Who will teach you of the Force.
    A weapon stronger than a blaster
    Shall then forever more be yours.

A lightsaber he'll give to you,
    With which you'll be real cool and mean:
    You'll learn to jump and do kung-fu,
    The toughest Darth they've ever seen!"

They looked upon each other now,
    Their faces tense and heavily strained;
    Then Yané with an angry brow
    Said to the one with bodypaint:

"Silliness they say is my flaw,
    But I won't be Darth Silly-ous.
    'Cuz let me tell you, my evil maw:
    I'm not that supercilious.

Silly is me, Silly's my thing;
    Sillé is truly my second name.
    And I'll tell you this, dear A***a ***g,
    I won't play your crooked game.

And so I will disprove your claim
    In a way that's silly, but also sound:
    Pray tell me, "mum" - where on my frame
    A nasty mole is to be found?"

Stunned by this most brilliant stroke,
    A**ra accepted she good not make good;
    Then with a most inappropriate joke,
    She resigned her claims on motherhood:

"O.K. then girl, your mother I'm not;
    But unlike her, I'm still alive.
    Now better show me what you've got ---
    Or there will be no more Royal Five!"

She drew her sword and turned it on,
    And said, "Don't worry: you won't be missed."
    But suddenly that sword was gone,
    And resting in Yané's Force-ful fist!

"What was that?" evil A**ra cried,
    With a voice that was suddenly shrill and hoarse.
    Then, like that Kitster, Yané replied:
    "Guess what? I used the Force, &lt;Kitster&gt; of courrrrse!" &lt;/Kitster&gt;

At this very same moment out in the woods
    The Gungan sage was in a trance;
    Then suddenly he jumps up from the roots,
    And does a little funny dance.

"Egads!" he cried, "dis bein' weird!
    It felt as if da ground just shook!
    Some forceful presence has appeared...
    Mesa gettin' da sacred book!"

Now the bounty-huntress was chickening,
    Looking for a way to escape.
    But unbeknownst to A**ra S*ng,
    Rabé was up, and in excellent shape.

She got up to help Yané,
    And grabbed Aurra by her unhandy antenna.
    She then tried to run away,
    Which was quite a dumb move from this lover of henna.

For Rabé still stood there antenna in hand,
    While Au**a on the ground did roll;
    And so the transmission has come to an end,
    For A**ra had functioned by remote control...

"Well," said Rabé, "she was a fool.
    Still, her demise was rather crude.
    Hey, that lightsaber is pretty cool!
    You look just like that Obi-dude!"

Yané was flattered, for that young man
    she dreamed of often in the night;
    She turned then to Au**a ***g again,
    And said to her, with a hint of delight:

"Hey, robo-chick! I still live,
    And you're not even in the ballpark!
    And about that mole --- Huh! As if!
    It's nothing but a beautymark!"

The Gungan sage felt many chills
    Creeping down the back of his neck.
    He read "The Journal of the Whills",
    In a cheap edition paperback.

Listing through those magic pages,
    He read to himself, half aloud;
    "The passing of the darker ages
    Has cast this greatest of evils out;

Yet it will soon return again,
    To bring this world to hate and fear.
    The one thing that shall save us then
    Is for the One to reappear."

The Gungan bit on his gimer stick,
    And went to cook some rootleaf stew.
    He said, "she better makin' it quick,
    Or wesa bein' in biiiiig doodoo!"

[This message has been edited b

24. Yané of Naboo

Aug 21, 1999
    Yet another great addition, Sergé!

Yané
    ~"Silly is me, Silly's my thing;
    Sillé is truly my second name."

25. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Originally posted by GentleBant:
    BTW, go here: Forum6/HTML/001320.html Forum6/HTML/001320.html
    and vote for a HM icon!

Hey! Pssstttt....they're seriously considering it! Comments have been asked for, and so far the only input is negative! Please go and support the addition of HM icon if you have the time!

(And sorry I still haven't posted anything in response to everybody....I promise to catch up tonight! Oh, and a 7 pm PST/10 pm EST chat scheduled for tonight at the Bravenet room....newly private thanks to QG'sP!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.