another question...

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by King Adrock, Jan 7, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lt. Page Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hello all!
    Sorry I have not been around much, but I have been focusing on other things in my life.

Piett, sorry to hear about your band, but if it is for the best then you made the right move.

Yané, great pictures.

I Failed to Make it Legal, you are very right about how polite everyone is here. That was why I chose this thread to start posting in. Sorry about the problems you had with your other user name.

Happy birthday Arsinoe!!

This weekend I went to see a movie that made me think about TPM and the royal five. The moive was called The Emperor and the Assassin. I don't know how widely the film is showing (it is only in one theater here in Portland), but if you can, go to see the film. It is almost three hours long, but is great. It takes place in ancient China, around 223 BC (about the time of Alexander the Great). The Cinematography is Beautiful and the costumes are magnificent (hence the conection to TPM, since so many of the Queen's costumes were based on Imperial Chinese costumes.) The movie also showed some very strong female characters, a Chinese noble woman and a fourteen year old blind girl. The story is about the Chinese King who united all of China under his rule and became Emperor. It is based on historical characters and events. If you have the oportunity go see this film!
  2. jeditictac Jedi Master

star 3
    IFTMIL glad you think so. btw i think your name is spiffy :-D oh, and feel free to stop by anytime since as you've said we really are nice here and we wouldn't mind more nice company :)

sergeyay!

me: yes, people are posting...hehe...i'll go hide now...
  3. Alderaan21 Jedi Master

star 4
    I know they're from my site, QS! Didn't you see the little guy in my post?

Great Sofia pics! Most pics of her, it seems like her nose is a bit prominent, and unflattering... but those are nice.

Love the poem, Sergé! I am now officially hooked on the 'Naboo Rites of Spring'.

You're welcome, RO. I did have a pic of just Rabé up there too, but it seemed really big to put in the thread, so I edited it out. I've scaled it down now, so I'll just put it up. I like the pic.

http://dasd.ecircles.com/magic/products/photo/nshow.cgi/1551791/1/1875287/b8e7a34563d28efe8b4b7703306dd1ea/16/photo.jpg
  4. Saché of Naboo Jedi Knight

star 2
    *AHEM* After being informed of what the EXACT definition of a groupie was, I'm sorry to say that, Piett, I think I'll just stick to being in your fan club. <sheepish grin> You rule, dude!

[aside]I can't believe I just used the word "dude" in a sentence. <ggg>[/aside]

Sergé I continue to applaud your efforts!

GB, you're kidding? Negative HM comments?!?!? I'm on my way!!!

IFTMIL, why, thank you! We try. In fact, with the minor exception of the whole poutine official food thing (which wasn't even a REAL argument.... ^_^) < at QGP>, I don't think we've ever had an argument! Anywho...

Aw... I love you guys!!! <big RHS group hug>

[This message has been edited by Saché of Naboo (edited 03-13-2000).]
  5. Lieutenant Piett Jedi Master

star 4
    Ahhhh . . . hitting this thread at the end of the day is better than coming home to a nice fire, a golden retriever eagerly holding my slippers, the newspaper . . . me realizing I'm in the wrong house 'coz I don't have a golden retriever; I'm not a "dog person". . .

. . . and Sabé offering me a cup of green tea w/ginseng and honey!

Well, maybe not as good as that. But anyway . . .

Sergé -- Hoo-ré!!! Bravissimo! Yané and Rabé alone rightly show that ridiculous Aura Thing who's boss.

Oh to know where that mole is! eek.gif

Bonus points for using the word "supercilious"!

Thanx for support you-all re: th' Band, or lack thereof. My only (terse) comment toward them would set off auto-censor alarms here -- not befitting the mighty but polite RHS!!

Saché and Yané D'Nabou -- well, hey hey now! Just say "I'm with the band" and the boys will let you in backstage . . .

**Piett**
  6. Réka Jedi Master

star 4
    <don't mind me, I'm just trying to break the bottleneck--there are at least five posts that I can't see>
  7. Yané of Naboo Jedi Knight

star 2
    Just a quick reminder about the RR going on at fanfic. It's been neglected lately (poor thread). Forum9/HTML/001820.html Forum9/HTML/001820.html
    I just posted something and amazingly it is not as silly as usual.

Yané.

8. Alderaan21 Jedi Master

star 4
    Am I the only one who can't see any new posts on this page??
  9. Réka Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, I can actually see some new posts! I wonder why we're having problems--the forums aren't even as busy as they were a few months ago.

Just to let everyone know, it looks like we (as in GentleBant and I, and hopefully Giantano) will be visiting the FIDM costume exhibit in L.A. on April 8th. If anyone else cares to join us, just let us know so we can figure out a time and meeting place. (My email is palotay@aol.com; you can get GentleBant's from her profile.)

Now let's see if this post goes through...
  10. jeditictac Jedi Master

star 3
    a21 love that pic!

hmm. should we consider making a new thread due to the problems with this one or should we wait it out and see if it gets better?
  11. GentleBant Force Ghost

star 5
    Nice work, Sergé!

Hey, Piett, does this mean I don't get to be in the fan club anymore? <pout>

Lt. Page, nice to see you appear. <G>

Also, please don't forget (the rest of you who haven't yet done so), to please pledge your support to a HM icon! Thanks to all who have...

And The posts are taking so very long to appear...<sigh>....

Yané, very nice addition--and yes, it was still "sillé."

Saché...ah, memories of poutine....<G>

I know I'm not doing a very good job of keeping up, here...I'll keep trying.

Have a good evening, all!

~GentleBant, the Science Faired-out RHS member
  12. Réka Jedi Master

star 4
    Two things:

1. Sometime in the last week, I reached 60% sithdom, but I didn't even notice until now. So let's just pretend that this is post #600, and celebrate anyway. tongue.gif

2. Perhaps it's time to start thinking about a new thread? It seems that the posts only show up every other day. (On a related note, I wonder if this one will go through...)
  13. Yoshi the Green Jedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Darn, we're not going to get to 1000 posts! Oh well.

Congratulations to Reka! I think I reached SITH (checks post count), whoa, cool, I did!

GB: I haven't posted here in a while either.

Piett - Aw, but dogs are so cute! But they never do that slipper thing...although considering my dog is smaller than a slipper...

Serge - Incredible job!!!

Oh yeah, I voiced my support for the HMs on the icons thread.

Oh, how many here have joined FilmForce.net? I think I'll start an HM thread there soon.
  14. Lieutenant Piett Jedi Master

star 4
    Oing!! How did I miss the RHS Website being celebrated as a TF.N Cool Site??!

QG'sP -- be proud!!
    YIPPPPEEEEE!!!!!
    <Sabé>It is to be commended!</Sabé>
    <garbage-masher rescue> Ha-HAAAA!!! WOOOHOOO! ALLRIGHT! HOW YA DOIN', THREEPIO?? WE'RE ALLRIGHT! YA DID GREAT!!! WOOOHOOO!! </garbage-masher rescue>

Saché -- {*grumble*} Oh allright then... But . . . certainly you and GB can launch my fan club!! Launch it at what I don't know . . .

Whither Darth Hello Kitty....?

Lt. Page! -- {*salute*}

Réka, GB and the potential Andé -- a historical occasion for the RHS! Be sure to document it (i.e., someone bring along a digital camera)!

You know...being that I now have a lot more time on my hands, and that I haven't travelled nearly as much as I ought to have, and I've never been to the California System but I hear it's nice . . . hmmmmm.....

**Piett**
  15. Réka Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I had to use the secret method to read the posts after my last one...

But congrats on Sithdom, Yoshi! (I think it was you... I can't check 'cause I can't see the posts.)

Lt.Piett: so, how much of a trip would it be if you wanted to join us in costume-exhibit-land? As in, how far away are you?

C'mon, little thread, you can do it, just let my post go through... there's a good thread, yes, gooood thread... <pat pat> <scratch thread under the ears> Allrighty, then, here you go... <hits submit button>
  16. Giantano Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yes, an RHS mini-convention is in the works. Sure, it will consist of three people, but quality over quantity I always say. GB, I'll be emailing you!

Busy, busy week, and I'm sick, hence the absentism. Just wanted to say hi and post this. Found it on yakface's collections site. An actual handmaiden action figure. Well, a handmaiden dressed as the Queen, but beggars can't be choosers.

http://collectibles.echostation.com/tarpals/sabetoyfare.jpg

MTFBWY,
    Andé...the literally sick and tired handmaiden

17. Lieutenant Piett Jedi Master

star 4
    Up, up little post! Will this be the one that breaks free the Invisible ones? (read via the Secret Method....)

Réka -- Clear on the other side of the continent, I am . . . but you see, I have time on my hands now, some $ to spare, and am certifiably crazy for them Handmaidens . . .
    QGJ: Do you have transport?
    PANAKA: In the main hangar . . .

Andé -- Hope you get better soon!

{{*AHCHOO!!!*}} We are ill, your Highness... {{*sniffl*}}

**Piett**
  18. Yoshi the Green Jedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Hey, I can't see any invisible posts! What are you all talking about?

Hope you feel better soon, Giantano/Andé. Here's some cheery smilies:
  19. Rebel Operative Jedi Knight

star 1
    Poor Giantano. I hope that she feels well soon too. Nice pic there, BTW.

Cheers to the RHS!!!
  20. Yané of Naboo Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, a lot of posts showed up, too much to respond to, so just a few things:

Hope you feel better, Andé.

Yeah, I missed the whole secret hidden post reading technique, too. How does one go about that?

Ah, I was going to say something else...Oh, yeah, if I had the time, spare cash, and transportation, I would head on over to California and attend the mini-convention, but since I don't, I'll just say that I hope you guys have a good time.
    *Question*: to qualify as a mini-convention, is the minimum number of members present, three? How about two? Can Saché and I going to get a slice of pizza be a convention if we talk about RHS relating things?

Anyone else think this is surreal?:
    forum-title.jpg
    Now, leprechaun Yoda I can deal with, but a green wookiee?
  21. GentleBant Force Ghost

star 5
    Happy weekend, all! And a hearty cheer for the revealing of missing posts!

Yané--surrealism, alive it is! And I don't know what sort of quorum must be achieved to be considered a 'mini-convention.' Perhaps you and Saché could consider your outings as "micro-conventions."

Yoshi and Réka, congratulations on your landmark posts! <twweeeeet! toots a party horn> Yay! Perhaps we should throw a little SITH celebration for Yoshi.....

<grabs wrinkled sheet of paper and thrusts it toward Piett> Woohoo! Fan club! Sign this, please!!!!!

<hugs and tissues for Andé> Get well soon! <rummages through the RHS medicine cabinet for cold medicine>

Oh, and I've read that the costume exhibit prohibits photos. Therefore, we might be limited on our picture opportunities inside, but we'll have to wait and see. Oh, and anyone who'd like to join us.....come on out!

Have a super weekend, all!
  22. jeditictac Jedi Master

star 3
    reka congrats on 600+ posts!

yoshi congrats on your sithdom!

i second that where is dhk

giantano thanks for shareing that pic! i'll be in heaven if the figure when it comes out actually says sabe the decoy queen or something. and hope you get better soon~sending healing vibes~

i hope ya'lls outing to see the costumes goes great and you have tons of fun. i'll be there in spirit since my cash flow is zip.

yane i kinda like the green wookie ;-D

have a great weekend all
  23. Queen Sabé Jedi Knight

star 1
    <sigh> I'm back at school. I would have tried to post here during break, except I was out of town visiting my grandfather who is very sick.

Andé, I hope you feel better. I've got a small case of the sniffles as well, but not a full-blown cold. Get well soon!

I love this whole green theme! I wish they would keep it for a while. BTW, I can't wait for the Sabé action figure! When is it supposed to be available?

Hope everyone had a great weekend and I hope that those of you who visited the costume exhibit had fun at your "mini-convention." Any illegal pictures? Finally, can a "mini-convention" be just one? My parents and friends all think I'm nuts!

Gee...I wonder where this picture came from...

http://www.geocities.com/anakin_and_amidala/queen025.jpg
  24. Réka Jedi Master

star 4
    Random thoughts/replies:

Hey, there's a new page! And it's actually visible! (Now let's hope I didn't jinx it...)

Queen Sabé, we haven't had our mini-convention yet; it'll be on April 8th.

Ugh, somebody get rid of all this green, please. (There's such a thing as "too much of a good thing".)

Method of reading invisible posts: I forget who came up with this, but it's kind of nifty. If the topics page lists more replies than you can see, click the "Edit post" button on the last post that you can see. In the address line, find where it says ReplyNum=<some number>. To read the next post, edit that number to read one more than the current number. To read two posts ahead, add two; etc. You can see who wrote the message and when in fairly small type above the reply box. The message itself will still be in UBB code, and you won't be able to see any pictures, but at least you'll know what's going on.

Picture of Sabé action figure: oooh, nice! So is it supposed to be in stores now? (It's been a while since I visited TRU.) Oh, and I agree with jeditictac: the figure had better be identified as Sabé. Anyone who has seen the movie knows that the girl in the battle dress turns out to be the decoy; it's kind of a major plot point. Ignoring it would be just like making a figure of Leia-disguised-as-bounty-hunter-in-Jabba's-palace and identifying it only as "Boshykk" (or whatever the name was).
  25. Lt. Page Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hello all!

Yoshi: congrats on reaching SITH!

Réka: congrats of partial Sithdom!

For all those sick: hope you feel better soon!

GB, Réka and Giantano: enjoy the costume exibit! (wish I could get to it)

Returns Piett's salute.

[This message has been edited by Lt. Page (edited 03-21-2000).]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.