main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

another question...

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by King Adrock, Jan 7, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrescentJedi

CrescentJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 1999
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Queen Sabé:
    CrescentJedi, why don't you post your story at the old place and include the explanation you gave us but also post it somewhere else. That way, more people will get to read you story! Let me assure, however, that the RHS knows how long you've been working on the Sabé rewrites and that it was an original idea of yours. [/B]

Thank you for your vote of confidence! I did want to avoid any accusations of plaglarism.

The worst part of it all was cutting out the Shara character. I had no idea what to do with "Choice" for awhile, since that left a big hole.

After I discovered the Dark Woman in Star Wars Tales and researched her, she was the obvious choice as the mysterious Jedi who suggests to Sabé that she keep the baby.

Now "Choice" has a cliffhanger ending! &lt;G&gt; Go see what you think and let me know!!

2. jeditictac

jeditictac Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 1999
    um,CJ where's your fan fic found? we changed internet servers here and i lost all my old bookmarks :-(

morning, everyone

3. CrescentJedi

CrescentJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 1999
    &lt;&lt;um,CJ where's your fan fic found? we changed internet servers here and i lost all my old bookmarks :-(&gt;&gt;

Right now the only place the revision is posted is on the RHS FanFic thread in the new Fan Fiction forum at Forum16/HTML/000220.html Forum16/HTML/000220.html

However, if you want to look up the older versions, the list of links is at http://www.angelfire.com/la2/crescentjedi/index.html http://www.angelfire.com/la2/crescentjedi/index.html

Quite honestly,I'd say go look up the revision. I've got a bit more handmaiden character work there. I'd like to think that it's an improvement.

4. jeditictac

Oct 14, 1999
    cj i only got to read about 1/3 of it but there is definately more HMs. and yes, it is an improvement :)

actually, now i have an idea for a fanfic (basically based on what i can see happening) now i just need time ;-)

5. Lieutenant Piett

Lieutenant Piett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 1999
    I posted this at the http://crosswinds.net/~royalhandmaidensRHS Site Forum but I'd thought I'd do it here also just to be sure...

(Almost) NEW THREAD TIME?

What with this one's considerable size, and recent post-show-up problems, I propose:

****Upon the release of Ep.I on video, a new RHS Thread be started here at JediCouncil.net.****

I further propose:

1. -- that one among us who has not started an RHS Thread before be the appointed (anointed?) one to officially establish it; and,

2. -- that the special focus of this thread be the (inevitable) new imgs -- frame captures (QG'sP, report in! ) -- of, ah, certain frames from TPM.

Thoughts...?

**Piett**

6. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Hi, everyone!

&lt;GB hangs her head in shame&gt;

I'm sorry I haven't been around much. I've neglected many of the friendships I treasure here, as well as my usual-half-way-worthless RHS input.

Can you all forgive me?

I will try to be around when I can...

Réka and Giantano, we are still on for the 8th, yes?

&lt;hugs everyone at the RHS as part of her apology&gt;

Missed y'all!

7. Queen Sabé

Queen Sabé Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 3, 1999
    GentleBant, we're glad you're back!

&lt;returns hug&gt;

You're forgiven!

Lt.Piett, the christening of a new thread sounds like the perfect way to celebrate the video release of Episode I. I say we go for it!! Should we all decide on a title now or let "The Anointed One" decide?

Have a good day everybody! I'll soon be on my way to my 3-hr cinema class...fun for me. rolleyes.gif

8. Lt. Page

Lt. Page Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 3, 1999
    Hey GB, don't feel guilty, I haven't been around much myself (not that I have much to say that is really relevant to begin with) and I wish I could say that has just been because of the thread problems.

Piett: I second (or third or whatever) your motions. Starting a new thread in celebration of the video release is perfect.

9. Yané of Naboo

Yané of Naboo Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 1999
    A new video-oriented thread sounds good.

Speaking of videos, I'm assuming everyone is getting the widescreen version, right? My sister is getting Pan&Scan (the fool!), so I'm debating whether or not to purchase the widescreen. (Not that there is any reason for me to buy a video considering: a) I've only got a 13th inch TV and b) I don't have a VCR at college--Oh, and I'm cheap and poor. But what college student isn't cheap and poor?)

I just realized I'm poorer then I thought I was. My sister is making me pay her internet bill. I've got to buy a 40 dollar book for a class. Plus, I'll probably have some extra expenses to cover during field school! sorry just felt like ranting a bit.

10. Yané of Naboo

Aug 21, 1999
    Wow, it's been forever since I've got the first post on a page.

11. jeditictac

Oct 14, 1999
    Lieutenant Piett i agree with your proposals :-D who here hasn't already started a RHS thread though?

GB {{{GB}}} i see nothing to forgive, everyone gets busy at times :)

Page nice to see you poking your head out of the woodwork as well ;-D

Yane ack. {{y}} sorry you are going through need money times :-( it sucks to need money doesn't it.

12. Queen Sabé

Dec 3, 1999
    I'm getting the widescreen edition! I'm so excited! It's shipping to my house though, so I might ask my parents to send it to me.

Exactly 7 days!!!!
    eek.gif eek.gif eek.gif eek.gif eek.gif eek.gif

13. Giantano

Giantano Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 1999
    Piett: Excellent idea. I can't believe how many posts we've accumulated in such a short time. We are a force to be reckoned with. T-minus one week to go. Woo-hoo!

GB: Do not even apoligize for not being around. I've been MIA as well. Darn real life! I'm still looking forward to the 8th. I'll email you.

Yané: You have my sympathies. I remember vividly the life of a starving college student. Heck, I start a second job this week because my student loans are still killing me, and I graduated four years ago! Maybe the RHS can start a collection for you. Every one of us should have access to the widescreen edition! L)

Well, the Official Site is getting closer to what we want. Today's snapshot is of several Theed citizens during the Disco Ball Parade. So now we know what those three blurry images are to the far left of the screen, but we have yet to get a clear pic of Yané! I'm not complaining, though...really.

Think that's it for today. Talk to everyone soon! Hugs.

MTFBWY,
    Andé...the don't even get me started on the Oscars handmaiden

14. Giantano

Aug 23, 1999
    P.S. Didn't want to edit and jinx myself. Did anyone see the new product coming out on the Official Site. It's an A**** **** Masterpiece Collection Deal or whatever they call it! It's some 100 page book focusing on bounty hunters, but it comes with a 12" AS doll! Life is so not fair.

MTFBWY,
    Andé...the too upset to come up with a clever name handmaiden

15. Réka

Réka Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 1999
    GentleBant: why the apology? We all get busy sometimes. Like me right now. I'm supposed to be representing the RHS at the P(SA) Rebellion Talent Night, but I haven't even had time to check the JC for the last three days. Let's hope they managed without me.

Lt. Piett: Very good ideas, all of them. So are we going to vote on who gets to start the new thread, or will we choose randomly?

GentleBant, Giantano: I'm still o.k. for April 8th. Hopefully, by then I will have a NEW CAR! (Oh dear, what am I getting myself into... I've never even bought a used car, let alone a brand new one...)

16. Saché of Naboo

Saché of Naboo Jedi Master star 2

Sep 23, 1999
    Hi all! Just so you know, I wasn't away... merely lurking. It was just so quite, and I really didn't have much to contribute.... &lt;sigh&gt;

Anywho, it's officially scheduling time, I've got my next three semesters (with the exception of an error with next fall's) all taken care of. Can you believe that I was stupid enough to decide that for all of June I will be in class/Lab three days a week from 8-5 with only a 45 minute break for lunch.... &lt;grumbles&gt; STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!
    Oh well, I suppose that it's worth getting my Organic Chemistry and Psychology out of the way...

I hope that those of you with credit cards are happy with your pre-ordered videos. Me? I'll be waiting 'til it hits the stores and hope I can find a copy at Wal-Mart or The Wall or someplace. If I have to wait until May so I can go to the Harrisburg Media Play, I can live with that, too. Oh. And I WILL be buying widescreen. Pan & Scan is evil!

Oh, I'm starting to regain some feeling in my last two fingers. It's still numb, but now it kinda tingles... And to think, it's only been a week and three days...

GB, no prob! I, of all people, certainly understand where you're coming from.

Piett, sure, go ahead. Start a new thread.... So long as this one doesn't come close to beating the record that my thread had.... &lt;EG&gt; Just Kidding. Seriously, a new thread is starting to sound like a good idea. I hate the way that this thing is continually getting stuck.

Laters!

17. Giantano

Aug 23, 1999
    Silly us. The Official Site did give us a handmaiden picture. It was Monday's snapshot.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>A Naboo Security Officer (Roman Coppola) in the Theed Palace Throne Room, on location at Reggia Palace in Caserta, Italy.

http://www.starwars.com/snapshot/2000/13/img/rcopola_bg.jpg

A true test of our skills. Which handmaiden is it? Insert dramatic music here. :0

MTFBWY,
    Andé...the off to bed handmaiden

(Sorry if this image kills the thread! Just thought the picture was funny given all our out of focus comments.)

18. Sergé Eisenstein

Sergé Eisenstein Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 1999
    Fanboy Naughté Naboo #1138 brings us these interesting tidbits about the development of the next Episode of that grand epic:
    NABOO RITES OF SPRING

You are not going to believe this: I spotted Ian McDiarmid walking around the set here yesterday, with his sinister looking bodyguard-type, and he kept asking everyone if they saw Cindy Crawford, who is rumored to star in EPISODE V.

Said Ian, <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>She's cute! have you seen her??? This is so cool!

After that he told one of the assistant directors to get her telephone number for him. The poor man said: "But that's impossible! She's out of your range!" and with a sinister smile, Ian replied: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Not for the Sith...

Ian's behavior is causing quite a stir on the set, so I've been told by da'man himself, Sergé Eisenstein:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>When he signed on, we thought this would be great...he seems so debonair, doesn't he? Well all he does here when he's not actually acting is ogling the girls...he is really giving especially Kristina a hard time and we've had to give Cindy extra protection...

And he keeps whispering things to that black-garbed muscle-guy of his! What's up with that???

Well there you have it.

Then about the rumor that Saché will be flying a Naboo N-1 Fighter in EPISODE V: definitely maybe.

Said Sophia, <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Sergé never tells me anything! But if I would get to fly it, I'll make a bombing run over Hollywood and take out those nitwits who nominated me for the Razzies!

As for the title: a source of a friend of mine told me Sergé has a few ideas, which he will decide on later. Candidates are:

EPISODE V - FIVE FOR FUN
    EPISODE V - WE DON'T EVEN *WANT* YOUR $%&*#!! OSCAR

19. Yané of Naboo

Aug 21, 1999
    In response to Saché's whining:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> Can you believe that I was stupid enough to decide that for all of June I will be in class/Lab three days a week from 8-5 with only a 45 minute break for lunch....

Quit your griping. For a week longer than you, I will be working at field school from 7:30am-5:00pm FIVE days a week. That is five days to your measly three and a whole half hour longer than your 8-5 schedule.

So that's what Roman Coppola looks like... I've never seen a pic of him before.

Speaking of Coppolas, anyone else catch a glimpse of Sofia at the Oscars? I saw her for a split second next to Spike when they were announcing best director nominees.

20. jeditictac

Oct 14, 1999
    Giantano [face_sigh] there is something unfair about a**** **** getting more credit then the handmaidens. i mean she hasn't even done anything yet! ~whine~
    LOL. yes, a HMs legs and part of her our of focus face! woohoo. :-D

reka hope you get a spiffy car! :-D

sache good luck with your new rigorous schedule!

i was thinking of writing a letter to star wars insider about 1) lack of HM coverage and 2) desire for some HM figures. but i don't know if i will :)

21. Lt. Page

Dec 3, 1999
    Saché: sorry to hear that you will have a tough time in June, I remember some tough scheduals when I was in college.

Yané: by field school, I assume you mean working on an archeological dig? Is it an actual dig? Or just a mock one to practice digging techniques?

22. Lt. Page

Dec 3, 1999
    grrrr... stupid computer.

[This message has been edited by Lt. Page (edited 03-29-2000).]

23. Yané of Naboo

Aug 21, 1999
    Lt.Page, yeah, field school involves real sites. We'll be excavating two sites (one historical and one pre-historical) that are in the area around my college. Plus we'll be dong lab work. (I haven't handed in my application yet, I must remember to do that)

About the photo of the blurry background HM.
    Well, it's not Eirtaé. There's my input. Ok, seriously, where is Roman standing in relation to Panaka? If Yané is behind Panaka, and Roman is across from Panaka then, the HM is not Yané. That leaves Rabé and Saché. And just because it's Roman Coppola, I'm gonna say it's Sofia Coppola behind him. There's a certain logic to it, I think.

[This message has been edited by Yané of Naboo (edited 03-29-2000).]

24. Queen Sabé

Dec 3, 1999
    IMO, it's Saché in the picture but it looks like she has tennis shoes on so I wonder if perhaps they were just doing some setting up with some people in costumes and some not.

BTW, where can I post a Sabé fanfic? I don't want to interrupt CrescentJedi's Sabé journal.

25. jeditictac

Oct 14, 1999
    i think it's sofia as well :) i don't know but the blurry face appears to be hers....

queen sabe you can do a sabe fan fic either in the new fan fic section here or else on some website. or you could do both. do it first in fan fic and specifiy that it is not an add on story (that way you can get feedback and may notice any errors before it goes into one document) then if you like how it turned out there's tons of websites with fan fic sections. i'm sure someone would post it :-D

i too am going to do a sabe fan fic (cj has put the idea into my head ;-). but i really suck at writing so i ain't promising anything. i *may* post it in fan fic (after i start) but i may think it sucks and not do so. i'm afriad of people bashing me. :-( but i have my idea and where i want it to go (which i said before it's how i can imagine ep 3 ending. well kinda). :-D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.