main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

another roll call

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by chunk_the_jawa, Mar 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    ok tell your name,age, are you maried have kids? where you live and if you collect or not what you collect if you do what the best thing about star wars is for you andwhen wasyour first starwars experince? what you looking for in our little group.

Mike Mitzel, 27 soon to be maried.no kids yet unless you count my two pitbull's. have to protect the starwars good some how.there names a dayze and diesel. they are both puppies and the bigest babies you ever seen. I live in arvada colorado I collect just about everything I can I love the toys , it reminds me of when I was a boy. I was four when a new hope came out and my dad and uncle stood in line all day just to get us tickets to see it at the old cooper in greeley.I'm just here to make friends with other people that like starwars.ie nerds dorks and cant forget JGOC belly dancing computer geeks ;)

oh yea really looking forward to the line party.

2. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Hey there,

My name's Joey. I'm 21, not married. Although I did get back with my ex this past weekend after a 4 month break. No kids...that I know of... lol. I don't collect the Star Wars toys although I'm going to get every Jango and Boba toy they release along with the lightsabers. I started watching SW when ROTJ came out, in fact it's one of the first movies I can recall seeing as a "baby". The first SW toy I ever had was Boba Fett. Ever since that day, I've always liked Boba Fett...and so does the whole world which sucks because it makes getting Boba stuff very frustrating. Lately I've started liking Jedi stuff although Lando has always been one of my favorites (he was the TRUE hero in the OT) I've always been a Fan of SW but the very very nerdy kids in High School gave SW Fans a very bad rep so I was a closet fan lol. I started getting back into SW after I got TPM on DVD and Now I'm back into full blown SW Fan mode.

3. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    12 year Marine veteran; X-ray/CT tech; permanently married(and best husband ever...according to the wife!); alpha-male to five dogs(400+lbs worth...I love rescuing dogs!); unswerving fan of Star Wars; overt builder/modifier of all things imaginable(Sea-Doo type racer, .50BMG recoilless, 9' fully-articulated dragon sculpture, costumer, sword builder, 500+MPH VTOL aircraft designer, and a pretty fair handy-man around the house!); dedicated rhinoceros environmentalist and defender; Philadelphia Eagles fan since 1972(never to change!); compound bowman, .300WM rifler, 12GA shotgunner, .50BMG and quick-draw .45Colt shooter(devout gun supporter; I have a real problem with being lumped in with the criminals!); shinai/SCA heavy weapons fighter(2-handed sword,double-ended spear); avid Internet supporter; rabid fan of australian rules football; life-long supporter of the environment and in hydrogen-based engine systems(especially Mazda rotaries!) Basically I'm honour-incarnate, a 21st century Jedi and an all-around nice guy! I am not a nerd, I am not in denial, I do love Star Wars, I have played the cards and RPG, I do enjoy getting into costumes, and I AM A JEDI!!!!(ha) BUT....I am also an ex-Marine that commanded many(this country's finest!)Marines for over a decade in the defense of this country, and I still to this day would much rather strap steel to my body, wield a two-handed sword and wade into a sea of enemy looking them straight in the eye, rather than take them out at 500 metres(which I can do with ease!) I fight for what I believe in(even if I am doomed to lose), I openly believe in what I believe, I live my way without justification from others, I call 'em like I see 'em, and expect the same in return. I lack far too much intel to be a college worm, I have a pretty good dose of common-sense, I love to build things, but I have enough pride, ego and honour to snap the spine of a Corellian cruiser! I take my duties in stride, push the envelope of being better everyday, rescue animals every chance I get, care for the sick and injured as a job and a mission, would die for my country in a heartbeat(and take a bunch of her enemies with me in the process!!!!)and I never falter when it comes to family, true friends, the helpless, and my beloved. And, finally, I'm redundant, 'CAUSE I DON'T WANT YA TO MISS NUTHIN'!!! Oh, yea, I'm the new Rocky Mountain FanForce leader and GUARD-DOG, so if ya value your arm, don't shake your finger at us! [ ;>

4. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Jennifer

31 (almost 32)

Single (no time for a sidekick)

Lease & Data Administrator - Real Estate Investment Firm

SW Enthusiast since the age of 7
    I collect mostly the Media & 12" Dolls, but have been known to get something that strikes my fancy outside of that.

Going to SWCII w/ my Jr. Jedi Niece & Nephews in May and will most definately be there for the big show.

5. SilverDragon

SilverDragon Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2001
    I'm Cory Peter, you can call me Cory or "Pete" as some tend to, but please don't call me Peter (too many bad memories from grade school).

I'm a mixed martial artist; I've studied American Ju-Jitsu (hybrid of karate, thai boxing, and brazilian and japanese ju-jitsu) and Bushido Kempo (japanese Kempo karate mixed with a little Jeet Kune Do).

I also love doing graphic/web design and a few other artistic type things including writing and even toying with guitar here and there.

Right now I'm in the Air Force as a tech controller (if you really wanna know about my job, ask me, I don't feel like explaining in in this post). I plan on getting out as soon as my first term is up so long as the stop-loss is not still in effect, and then going to college for either graphic design or journalism, maybe both. Or maybe I'll become an actor, who knows. I love acting, and not to be y, but I'm prety dern good at it too.

As for Star Wars...well, it's actually a very small part of my life. At one point I was a huge SW fan, and I still love SW, I'm just not that hardcore. I don't collect the toys or the comics or anything like that, though at one time I did collect the books and have most of the EU previous to NJO. I just happened to stumble on the the RMFF when I was playing around on TF.N, and started here. It's great fun though, and I'm looking forward to a costume, but I still don't think I'm very hardcore in comparison to most of you.

(but I can still admit when I'm a nerd)

6. FurryDuck

FurryDuck Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    I'm Kara, I'm 14, and I live in Fort Collins. Of course I'm not married yet and of course I don't have kids.

Let's see...I collect the action figures (have about 80 of them now), and I have a couple of models and other weird little things. I got into SW when I was really young, probably around three. I kind of forgot about it for a while and then when I was about 9 years old I really got into it again. For about three months straight I would come home from school and watch ROTJ (that's every single day! I'm surprised the tape is still working).

Unfortunately, I'm probably not going to get to come to many meetings. Maybe if I could drive, but I won't even get my license for another two years. Geez, I feel so young.

Oh yes, I'm probably one of the biggest Avs fans you'll ever meet :D.

7. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    jeff

27yrs

i collect anything star wars i can get my hands on !

no kids ! just a girlfriend for 9 1/2 years . three cats ,

im a drywall contractor and i live in thornton

im a drummer in a band , been playing for 18 years .

i have lotsa hair

8. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Sarah the magnificent... ;)

I'm 17, but in about a month I'll finally be 18.

Currently I've very unattached to anyone of the opposite sex. (I've tried to stay away from relationships in the past because I've moved around so much, and I guess that habit is hard to break)

Not only am I a star wars freak, but I happen to be a huge horse lover(and yes I do ride), and I'm into Tae Kwon Do (however, again moving has really put a crimp in my training and I've only gotten two belts even thought I probably have over a year of instruction :p) I'm also into yoga. There's just something about twisting myself into a pretzel that I find fun.

I read, and use the internet like crazy mainly working on my web page that never seems to end and my pictures. I also write fanfiction and a little of my own. In september I'll be heading off to Savannah College of Art and Design to major in Illustration and possibly fashion. I enjoy reenacting, costuming and sewing (as most of you already know).

I am an Army Brat and have lived all over the world. I've lived in Saudi Arabia, Cairo, Germany and all over the States, including Canada (the biggest state of 'em all). Then I've vacationed all over.

And yes I am a nerd, however how many of them do you know that can Belly dance ;) --sorta...

9. cozmickind

cozmickind Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2002
    hi my name is brad, im 29 yrs old, i live in fort collins.i am not married but have a girlfriend of 2 yrs, we have a black lab, no kids. i do lawn maintenance for a living. i have been an avid sw fan since the original came out way back in the day. ive seen 48/50 states, doing grateful dead tour, which i did for 5 yrs, and it was great! i enjoy camping (alot), nature, movies, working w/ computers,collecting live music, and SW toy hunting. i collect 4", 12", vehicles, and playsets, im not into the lego's, cards, or rpg. lucky me, i also have a great family who lives in indiana, and everytime they goto the stores there, they always do a little sw toy hunting for me. right now im in the process of trying to move into a bigger house, due to my overwhelming growing collection, which seems to get bigger almost everyday. i have just completed my collectin of POTJ line(not including the new vehicle releases) i am currently 3/4 of the way through obtaining doubles of everything POTJ. next goal is not to go foward, but to head in reverse, and obtain the harder to find toys. well if anybody wants to know more about me, or my collection, email me @ cozmickind@hotmail.com

10. haggie

haggie Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2001
    Jason Haggstrom. 26 years old. Married but no kids. I grew up in Fairbanks, Alaska and moved to Denver 6 years ago. I am a freelance graphic designer, web designer, and programmer.

I've been a Star Wars freak as long as I can remember. I saw ANH in the theatre but don't remember it. I've been told the same story repeatedly by my older brother about how I was so excited during the movie that I was constantly yelling at the screen and annoying other viewers (I was 1 1/2, what do you expect?!). My brother had most of the ANH figures so I grew up playing Star Wars and I remember being very excited waiting for ESB. My earliest childhood memory is seeing the ESB trailer on TV during my mom's soap operas when I was 4 (I didn't shut up about it all day). I took a break from playing with my toys every day to watch As the World Turns with my mom because I had a HUGE crush on Meg Ryan (my mom had to explain to me that when they killed her off that it was ok because she would now be in movies). Luckily this childhood Meg Ryan infatuation was what led me to see the ESB trailer.

I was a part of a line-up group at the Continental for TPM. I met the group on countingdown.com but didn't keep in touch with any of them after TPM.

Action Fleet vehicles are the heart of my collection. I also collect 3 3/4 figures of Jedi, Sith, Bounty Hunters, any type of Stormtrooper, and an occassional random figure if it is a really cool one. Sometimes I'll pick up a 12 inch figure if it's a really cool one too.

I rarely post on (or even go to) the Forums. I'm just not a forums kind of guy I guess.

11. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Terry Gier
    single(See next for why.)
    I work in a small R&D engineering firm that's trying to become a commercial production company(a REALLY long story, ask me when you've got an hour to kill. :) )
    Been a SW fan since the beginning and had most of the toys when I was a kid. Now most of my collecting goes toward books(got just about every one published to date) and since I'm in engineering I like to collect the vehicles.

12. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    HAGGIE!!!! Welcome aboard, bro! I almost talked the wife into Alaska fore she put her foot down and decided on here....*SIGH*....I don't understand it....my 400 lbs of dogs don't give me any crap, and I hold my own in a scrap, but that dang woman leads me around like a tired old shark on a cable and hook! You'd think that after nine years of marriage, I'd have gotten past that! Oh, well.

13. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    well after the way you handled JGOC I can see your problem involves a foot and mouth.

14. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Uuhhhh....you may have somethin' there!

15. Lewis_Black

Lewis_Black Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 6, 2002
    I'm Grant. Twenty-five. I collect every thing I can get my hands on. My pride is the collection of every TriLogo premium from TPM. I don't have any kids that anyone can prove. I did just break up with my girlfriend a few weeks ago, but I'm taking applications for a new one. I'm a student in Boulder (go Big Twelve Buffs!). I'm going to be taking a maymester course, which means my mornings are full for the line for AOTC. But I will try to be in line for the rest of the time if someone wants to hold my place for the time that I am in school.

16. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    welcome to all.

17. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    I'm Ashleigh, 15, not married, no kids. I was born and raised in Aurora, CO. I've been a Star Wars freak ever since 5th grade. My dad got me into it. He's a major Trekkie, but he likes Star Wars too. [face_plain] Around the time TPM came out, I was in a collection frenzy! I even collected those Pepsi cans, and potato chip bags! (That is, until my mom made me throw them away! [face_blush] ) Aside from Star Wars, I'm an avid dancer. Ballet, tap, jazz, modern, pointe, anything you can think of. I'm also a pom at my high school. (Yeah, yeah, I know, but I can't be all that brainless, I love Star Wars, remember!) Like FurryDuck (Kara), I probably won't come to the meetings. Sorry, can't drive either. :(

*Star*

18. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Well someday you will be able to attend :D Once I was in your postition, but it's great when you can finally show up :D

19. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    And until then, WELCOME ABOARD, SB!!!!

20. JediSedai

JediSedai Jedi Youngling

Mar 9, 2002
    Hello everyone. I'm Mike. I'm 27, no wife or kids. Never posted before, though I am enjoying reading everyones excited comments in these pre-AOTC days. I collect. Everything. In fact, I believe I have one of the largest collections in the state. At it's core I have 600+ carded 3 3/4 figures and 140+ 12 inchers. I will be at all major SW events here in May, as I was for TPM in '99. And the special eds. in 97. I even saw the whole trilogy at a one day screening at Continental several years back.
    Anyway, it's good to see fellow local SW freaks; I bet I'll meet all of you in May. Until then MTFBWY!!

21. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    WELCOME ABOARD, JS!!!! Any chance you'd be willing to come to the Kempe event with us on the 12th of May? It's gonna rock, yu betcha! AND, we have a meetin' comin' up on the 24th down in Castle Rock...anyone can give ya directions.

22. SilverDragon

May 3, 2001
    JS: by your nickname I take it you're a Wheel of Time fan also? I love WoT, I'm on book 9 right now. Although with Sedai as part of your name, I would have guessed you to be a female if you didn't say your name was Mike :).

23. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    I'm a WoT fan too! :) Though I'm only on book 7. I love that series, it's nice to know other people do too, coolies!

*Star*

24. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Dr. Quinn's name was Mike ;)

25. SilverDragon

May 3, 2001
    Yeah, but that was short for Michaela or however they spelled it (sounds like miquayla)...and that's the ONLY place I've ever heard that name :).

Book 7 was pretty sweet. PoD is so-so, but I've heard 9 was really good (I've just started on it, but I haven't had much time to really get into it).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.