main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Another Run of Lists

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by PtrsonsZOO, Feb 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Hey, we've had fun with these before, and besides, we have lots of new people to get in on the action :D

[b]From Best to Worst, Star Wars Movies:[/b]

1. The Empire Strikes Back - By far the best of everything in this one.
    2. A New Hope - Sentimental Favorite, afterall, it did start the whole thing rolling
    3. Return of the Jedi - As much as some people hate this one, I loved it! The scene w/ Luke/Leia/Han on the catwalks is one of the most revealing scenes from all 5 movies, and the scene where Vader is watching Luke get crispy crittered is the most compelling.
    4. Attack of the Clones - I liked this one for many things, but overall I found it lacking the right flow to make it exceptional.
    5. The Phantom Menace - It was the hype and the kickoff to the Prequels, but it pails in comparison to the others.

All categories from now on will include Expanded Universe characters.

[b]Favorite Heroes:[/b]
    1. R2-D2 - Think about it, he's the only one to never fail.
    2. Wedge Antilles - He did it all and he did it without the Force
    3. Princess Leia - She gave up everything to see a dream (an ideal) become a reality and then fought like hell to save it, sacrificing everything to keep the dream alive.
    4. Luke Skywalker - From Farmboy to Jedi Master, this man has covered the gamut of the archetypal hero
    5. Qui-Gon Jinn - Despite any rules or expectations, he followed his heart and thus the will of the Force with an undying faith, even in the face of his own death.

[b]Favorite Villains:[/b]
    1. Darth Vader - I mean, come on, he is the ultimate bad guy, turned good
    2. The Vong - Bad guys, only they never knew it!
    3. Palpatine - From Senator to Emperor, he was always playing the game, and playing it well.
    4. Tarkin - Coniving, backstabbing, dangerous and a genius to boot... TOo bad he had the ego to go w/ the rest.
    5. Thrawn - He had it all, and it did it "so artfully."

[b]Favorite EU Books:[/b]
    1. Thrawn Trilogy - It started a whole new world in SW Fandom.
    2. X-Wing Series: Wraith Squadron - Some of the best writing in the whole EU
    3. NJO: Vector Prime - I know there are those that find this book sacrilege, but it set the tone for the whole series that made a statement in a powerful and emotional way.
    4. NJO: Traitor - This book changed the way I, and many others, thought of the Force, and it changed the way I looked at the books as well.
    5. Black Fleet Crisis Trilogy - I know many people hated these books, but Kube-McDowell showed us what the characters we had grown to love were all about, and I don't think another author did as much to help me understand what made them tick. He actually made me care about Han Solo for the first time!

[b]Best Moments - Movies:[/b]
    1. The moment the Tantive IV came onto the screen being chased by that Star Destroyer - I've never looked back.
    2. Ben comforting Luke after his Aunt & Uncle are killed and Luke deciding to go with him
    3. Luke/Leia/Han on the catwalks in RotJ - It made me hold me breath during that whole scene, and as cheesy as the dialogue might be now, when I was 13 (when it was playing in the theatres for the first time :p ) it touched my heart like no other scene has (until the next entry).
    4. Anakin & Padme just before they enter the arena - OMG! I get goosebumps everytime I see that scene. I don't care what anyone else has to say, that was a perfect scene and it showed us just how much their relationship meant to them.
    5. Vader watching his son being french fried by his Dark Master - I swear to god you can see the emotion through that blasted helmet!

[b]Worst Moments - Movies:[/b]
    1. Meadow Scene in AotC - It was so forced, I just couldn't see it.
    2. The "After the Podrace" scene - It was corny, it was trite and it was lame. I cringe everytime it comes on.
    3. "I was going into Tosche Station for some powerconverters" scene - I still hate that scene and try not to watch it whenever I see ANH. :p
    4. Greedo shooting first in the ANH SE - It was wrong and I think it cheapened Han's character.
    5. Three words, with one name... JAR JAR BIN

2. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    From Best to Worst, Star Wars Movies:

1. The Empire Strikes Back - Best. Star Wars movie. Ever. Period. "Luke, I am your father!" Han & Leia falling in love. Luke learning the Force. Sweet saber battle. And BEST of all...Enter: YODA.
    2. A New Hope - It started it all. Yeah, sentimental, but it was the beginning. Only 2nd because ESB was so friggin awesome.
    3. Attack of the Clones - Yoda weilding a lightsaber. Sam Jackson chopping off heads.
    4. Return of the Jedi - Cool saber and space battles, but I hate ewoks.
    5. The Phantom Menace - this movie got better after being able to watch AOTC with it, but this marked the "new" star wars that just didn't have the love for the characters the old one did.

All categories from now on will include Expanded Universe characters.

Favorite Heroes:
    1. Yoda. no reason needed. Yoda is a god.
    2. Corran Horn - ace pilot, good jedi, great fighter...sweet friggin saber color.
    3. Luke Skywalker - He's the man. what else is there to say?
    4. R2-D2. Best trashcan on wheels ever. This dude more than holds his weight in any adventure. And he puts loads of crap on C3PO, who is a total weiner.
    5. Jacen Solo - Hey, I got hooked on SW b/c of the Young Jedi Knights books. Jacen's always been one of my favorite characters.

Favorite Villains:
    1. Darth Vader - he just freaks me out. Used to give me nightmares when I was a squirt.
    2. Darth Maul - best moves a SW villain has ever had.
    3. Thrawn - the master of evil plotting. This guy rules.
    4. Count Dooku - It's friggin dracula with a lightsaber man!
    5. The Vong - they just creep me the hell out.

Favorite EU Books:
    1. I, Jedi - by far the most unique. Written in 1st person. Corran Horn becomes a Jedi...he just kicks ass.
    2. Vector Prime - CHEWIE!!! *cries*
    3. Shadows of the Empire - Filled in between ESB and RotJ beautifully. I think he wrote the characters better than anyone else (though it was probably easier since he knew exactly where they needed to go). I just really liked the story.
    4. X-Wing: Rogue Squadron (the only x-wing book I've read so far) - Just love the inside look at the pilots of the most famous squadron in the galaxy.
    5. Thrawn Trilogy - this tops most peoples' lists, but I dunno. I loved em, don't get me wrong, they're just not my favorites.

Best Moments - Movies:
    1. "Luke, I am your father!"
    2. Battle of Yavin. "you're all clear kid, now let's blow this thing and go home!" gives me tingles every time.
    3. Yoda whupping up on Dooku. un. be. lievable.
    4. Han going into the carbon freeze, "I love you."...."I know." And he STILL tagged it later on! Han's got mad pimpin skillz!
    5. Padme on the cold ship. on IMAX. I reapeat. It was as big as my FRIGGIN HEAD!
    I have to add a sixth:
    6. Padme in chains in tight white uniform. obvious reasons.

Worst Moments - Movies:
    1. "I care for you too." anakin to padme on the ship leaving tattooine. I wanna barf every time I hear it.
    2. Leia kisses Luke full on in front of Han. If you kiss someone like that and later find out it's a relative...you do NOT want witnesses. I still cringe every time I see it.
    3. Greedo shooting first in the ANH SE - what zoo said.
    4. Anakin/Padme meadow scene. gag.
    5. "I'm quite beside myself" and every other lame thing 3PO said in AOTC.

Best Moments - Books
    1. Chewie's death - most emotional moment in any star wars book ever.
    2. Thrawn's death by Khabrak(?) I think it was him. That moment just made me think "HELL YEAH!"
    3. Jacen bumbling around when Tenel Ka was around in the YJK books. Like I said before, this is where I got started. I loved it back then.
    4. Han & Kyp in the spice mine's of kessel. I was tense through the entire thing.
    5. Corran horn doing anything.

Worst Moments - Books
    1. Chewie's Death - *cries* Best and worst moment.
    2. Everything in Children of the Jedi. Worst. Star Wars Book. Ever. I'd rather kick myself repeatedly in the gonads with steel toe boots on than read this steaming pile of crap agai

3. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    From Best to Worst, Star Wars Movies:

1. ESB -- It had it all.
    2. ANH -- Where it started.
    3. ROTJ -- Where it ended.
    4. AOTC -- Stupid name for a movie, but after watching "The Clone Wars," it seems much cooler now.
    5. TPM -- The only thing good about it was Darth Maul. And he died. Feh!

Favorite Heroes:

1. Grand Admiral Thrawn -- as ZOO said, "He had it all, and did it so artfully."
    2. Davin Felth -- Dirtiest Sandtrooper (the one with the big mud splash across his chest) -- he was the only one of his kind to actually HIT things, found the droid evidence on Tatooine, AND survive ANH.
    3. Darth Maul -- Raised from birth as a Sith by Palpatine, and he had a nice tattoo.
    4. Darth Vader -- A bad@$$, but his beginnings couldn't be more lame. And all the character building they've been doing in the comics that show him as nothing more than a depressed, lonely sap is ruining my view of him. I mean, REALLY, a Sith uses hate to channel the Force -- who does Vader hate the most? Himself. Bah. Lame! Feh!
    5. Emperor Palpatine -- The Empire wouldn't have happened without him.

Favorite Villians:

1. Han Solo -- HE SHOT FIRST!
    2. Princess Leia -- She's hot. But...that's about it. NAG NAG NAG. I think Han only hooked up with her cuz he subconsciously needed a MOM.
    3. Obi Wan -- The best lightsaber skillz and Zen knowledge this side of the galaxy.
    4. Lando -- He needs his own pr0n movie.
    5. Luke -- "AWWWWWW MANNNN!!! But I wanted to go to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!"

Favorite EU Books (Books? I read too much as it is -- I stick to comics):

1. Jango Fett: Open Seasons -- The humble beginnings of Jango, the death of the Mandalorians, and Jango killing a number of Jedi with his bare hands.
    2. Star Wars: Heir to the Empire -- Ooooo...Thrawn.
    3. Star Wars: Rise of the Sith/Golden Age of the Sith/Fall of the Sith -- Two words..."Wow................wow.
    4. Star Wars Tales -- Collections of various SW fiction/parodies -- Who can say "no" to Yoda eating in a diner with Mace while sitting in a BOOSTER CHAIR? [face_laugh]
    5. Tag and Bink Are Dead -- 2 Rebels accidentally wind up on the Death Star and pretty much win the war simply by being STUPID.

Best Moments - Movies:

1. Darth Maul/Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan fight scene -- w00t.
    2. Yoda/Darth Tyranus fight scene -- w00t w00t.
    3. "Troops" -- Not an official movie or EU, but as far as I'm concerned, it is.
    4. The Hoth scene with the AT-ATs coming in, and all the weapons fire...Ohhhh-h-h-h...*shiver*
    5. "You may fire when ready, Commander!" BZZZEEOOOOOOO...KABOOM!

Worst Moments - Movies:

1. TPM meadow scene -- *gag*...*gag*...*puke*
    2. ANY time when Anakin opens his mouth and words come out in TPM.
    3. ANY time when Anakin opens his mouth and words come out in AOTC.
    4. Han NOT shooting first. Feh!
    5. Jar Jar Binks. No explanation needed.
    6. (I HAD to add this one) -- Stormtroopers busting into the Tantive IV and getting whacked by Rebel troops. WTF? These are supposed to be ELITE Imperial shock troops. Must've been a bad batch. Vader probably knew it, and sent them there so they wouldn't have to pay severance after laying them all off.

Best Moments - Books (Comics! :p ):

1. Yoda at a diner sitting in a booster chair. I still laugh when I think about it.
    2. The entire "Trooper" story in Star Wars Tales.
    3. The end of the "Revenants" story in SWT -- saying anything more would be a spoiler. :p
    4. I actually read the "Tales of the Bounty Hunters" book -- the end where Boba lets Han go.
    5. The "Lurdo" story in SWT. [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Worst Moments - Books (Comics! :D ):

1. Every time they show Vader as a pining sap (or sapping pine?).
    2. Admiral Ackbar arrested for treason?!? NOOOOOOOOO! He's my hero!
    3. Every time Leia opens her mouth and words come out in ANY comic I've read.
    4. Leia + Xizor in Shadows of the Empire? Ew. EDIT: I had Xizor's name wrong. For some reason I thought his name was one of the Ghostbuster villians. LOL. [face_laugh]
    5. Mara whining to Luke about how he destroye

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.