main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Another star wars question OMG

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by chunk_the_jawa, Dec 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    In A NEW HOPE vader says something about feeling a precencse he hasn't felt in some time , or something to that effect. At the time the movie was released it was Kenobi he felt in the force but since the release of Revenge of the sith , It could also mean that he felt luke. I would assume that when padme was carrying the babies anakin could feel them in the force and I just figure that luke was a little Brighter in the force so anakin would have fely him and Leia would have been shadowed . There for vader feeling luke on the death star in ANH and his also not recognizing Leia when she was his prisoner on the death star.

I know its easy to make a conection looking back but It does fit . What do you guys think ?

2. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    nah. Vader immediately goes to Tarkin and say "HE is here." (Tarkin: "Obi-Wan Kenobi?....). Also, if we assume he could "feel" only one child (a stretch, IMO) then I think his reaction would have been different.
    If he actually thought his son was on the Death Star, I think he would have gone looking for him.

3. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Remember, Vader made no connection to the twins... Kenobi, he was so much more than his Master, so being able to sense him, after all those years... That had to be powerful for him.

I just don't see Vader making a connection that Luke was there... Afterall, HE killed Padme, remember? As far as Vader is concerned in ANH he has no children to sense.

4. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    You also have to take into consideration the fact that a number of the officers in the Empire, had they been born under the Old Republic, would have been claimed by the Jedi for training. Who knows how many people Vader encountered on a daily basis that had some semblance of latent Force presence. The fact that Obi-Wan was well trained, and at one point like a brother to Anakin, he would have a much more strong and familiar feeling through the Force for Vader.

5. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    ^^

Great point....also throughout the majority of Padme's pregnancy, Anakin was away... I don't think he established a bond with the baby...if he had, established that bond...he could have sensed Luke...and probably Leia.

He was really preoccupied... He had a much deeper connection to Obi-Wan, and could sense him from a mile away..... I think Obi-Wan knew this....which is why he separated from the others...to distract him.

6. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    Uhhh nevermind lets all just forget this ever happened . I just got the new vader book that day and read the jacket and posted what was a thought but now with a somewhat clear head My idea doesn't really flow well.

I'll chalk this one up on the two too many percocets in one day catagory. =P~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.