main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Another Sunrise (Obidala viggie)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AERYN_SUN, Jan 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Another Sunrise
    by obi's girl

Summary: While watching a beautiful sunrise on Alderaan, Padme thinks about Obi-Wan and the possiblity she might never see him again...

Padmé sighed, staring at the horizon on the balcony of her suite in the Alderaanian Palace. Another day, another lost day in her life. She smiled; it was a beautiful sunrise, set against the backdrop of a galaxy in chaos. It ached her heart she never did anything like this while she was still on Naboo. It was something she'd taken for granted because she thought it could last forever.

But things fall apart, she realized, as her life had in three years. Padmé?s smile lingered as she watched the sunrise for another minute and then walked back into the suite.

I wander where Obi-Wan is now; she wandered and continued to unpack some of her things. He'd instructed her to bring very little but somehow, one of her handmaidens managed to pack at least ten dresses into her suitcase.

Seriously though, Padmé did wander where Obi-Wan was because she hadn't seen him in over a week and was beginning to worry. After Anakin died, he'd become her support, her guardian angel and then suddenly her feelings had changed overnight from those of friendship to love. It was crazy, she thought, that she loved him but she did.

When he came to her and told her Anakin was dead, Padmé didn't cry, she just asked Obi-Wan to hold her, and ever since then, he'd held her and kept her from falling.

But soon she'd loose him and probably never see him again, and that terrified Padmé. She'd lost Anakin already, she was going to lose her children whether she liked or not and now she was going to lose Obi-Wan.

"Padmé," Obi-Wan called. She smiled, running to the door as the Jedi entered the suite and flung her arms around him. He smiled, "I'm happy to see you too, Padmé,"

She nodded, "I was so worried about you...I thought maybe one of Palpatine's spies captured you and..."

Obi-Wan smiled, "I was careful, very careful," he let her go and walked into the room, "I talked to the Lars and they agreed to take Luke and little Leia will stay here under the care of Bail Organa,"

"And what's going to happen to me?"

"You can't go back to Naboo, I suppose you'll have to stay here too," Obi-Wan mused and walked onto the balcony, smiling as he watched the sunrise.

Padmé smiled, following him and leaned against the door, "I don't think I've ever seen a sunset on Naboo before but now, I wish I had just once,"

Obi-Wan turned to her and smiled, "I promise Padmé, you'll go back there someday,"

"Someday Obi-Wan but not today or tomorrow," Padmé whispered and looked down, staring at her hands, "And you, you can't ever go back to Coruscant...where will your home be?"

He shrugged, "I'm going to stay and watch over Luke on Tatoonie," he paused and looked at Padmé, "Tatoonie has twin suns so if I miss one sunrise, there's always another one a minute or two later,"

Padmé smiled and looked again at the horizon, "When do you leave?" she whispered.

"Soon," he replied and looked at her again. He didn't want to say he was going to leave that afternoon. "Padmé," he started.

She turned to him and sighed, "Don't say anything Obi-Wan. I don't want to say goodbye," she cried and walked back inside the suite again and sat down on the bed.

Obi-Wan huffed and followed her back into the suite and sat down beside her on the bed, "You know we talked about this..."

"I just don't want you to leave, Obi-Wan. Is that so selfish? I've lost everything and now you're going to leave and I'm never going to see you again...I just want you kiss me,"

Obi-Wan's breathed, cupping her face in his hands and kissed her. "I don't want to lose you, Obi-Wan. I need you," he heard her mind cry.

"I don't want to leave you either," he whispered back and smiled, "Remember the sunrise, know that whenever you look at it, I'm looking at another sunrise, thinking of you."

She sighed, "Always?"

"Always, my love."

The End

2. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    "I don't want to leave you either," he whispered back and smiled, "Remember the sunrise, know that whenever you look at it, I'm looking at another sunrise, thinking of you."

another wonderful one.

I can picture Obi on Tatoonine looking at the sunrise and a duel picture of Padme looking at a sunrise also at the same time side by side. (you know one of those where they show two people in a split screen, wouldn't be wonderful if we something like this in a star wars movie.)

Oh and on which website would be the best place to find all your stories both Obidala and sabewan.

3. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    I can picture Obi on Tatoonine looking at the sunrise and a duel picture of Padme looking at a sunrise also at the same time side by side. (you know one of those where they show two people in a split screen, wouldn't be wonderful if we something like this in a star wars movie.)

I know what you mean, Crystal.

Oh and on which website would be the best place to find all your stories both Obidala and sabewan.

I would suggest Obidala Sanctuary but brinkster is down at the moment for upgrades. You can visit Restless which is the official Obidala fanfic archive. For Sobiwan, you can visit the sobiwan network SO? and their fanfiction archive, which is also really big and Sobifan is so nice. Fated to Be my Sabewan fansite has a lot of my Sabewan stuff but you have to have to visit the sobiwan network for the fuller experience.

~aeryn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.