main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA another svrf movie marathon/trivia?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by qui-gundi_15, Jul 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    anyone up for another one? this time bridget can make it.

2. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    sure **waiting for Bridget**

3. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    *wanders in to find all eyes on her* uh...err.....hee hee....

My schedule is pretty packed until after the first week of August and even then I am not sure. Next weekend is the Ren Faire and the following weekend I am moving the stuff I have here over to Davis. Though July 30th might be possible....

Can I get back to you on a good day/time for me?

4. qui-gundi_15

Jan 22, 2003
    what ever is good for you bridge.

5. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    30th is out for me (but don't let that stop you guys)

6. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Well...here's a thought...lets try to make this our August meeting? I will let you know as soon as possible a good day for me and we can go from there.

7. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    The BrownCoats (Firefly group) are havin a shin dig on July 24th, if we ask maybe we can join them for a BBQ Pool Party.

Let me know and I can point you in the right direction to ask.

But I second the idea of our Aug meeting being a simple sit down, watch movies, play trivia setting.

I know Devin wants to regain his title and now that DR has/is moved to Red Bluff he'll have a better chance (heh)...oh SNAP new fanfilm idea. It'll be like Rocky and Over the Top....the number one SW trivia guy comes up from the streets wins the title and loses it to MR T and then has to train to regain his title....ok maybe not.

8. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Ah, but you longtimers have yet to get a taste of my SW trivia addled noggin.

Ummm.... let me rephrase.... "Im very much looking forward to playing"

Deadpool, Ive really been thinking about the mockumentary idea alot (and writing things down), we need to talk more about this

9. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Heck yes we do. I really want to make that film, a full length film, with some work this could be something to run around the convention circut.

10. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001

Ummmmmmm yeah. Alright

11. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Thought I'd bring this back to everyones attention. It's a good idea for an Aug meeting. I know some of us are planning to hit the Toy Show, but we need a good sit down meeting as well.

Who can and is willing to host this event?

Unless I can get my place in order (something that is proving more tricky then imagined) I wont be able to.

any takers?

12. qui-gundi_15

Jan 22, 2003
    i'll do it again, we rearanged the living room so it is much bigger now.

13. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Well there we have it. Thanks AJ.

If everyone is cool with that I'm down. What day is good for you AJ? and everyone else?

14. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Saturday afternoons are probably best for me....13th, 20th, and 27th look best so far. *fingers crossed*

15. sithmastersaul

sithmastersaul Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2005
    ok isnt aj a minor i know i am new to the group but shouldnt we find someone who is a little older. otrhing against aj just in todays world ... i dont know i would feel better if maybe we could have it well i dont know maybe i am just paranoid.[face_beatup]

16. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Well it's his Mothers house relax it's all good she's a cool lady...all the same cancel the male Captain Kirk stripper for LDV.

17. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    AJ is a minor..but he is a major part of this group...plus, his mom likes us and as long as she is okay with us invading her house, we have had a couple meetings there before and there hasn't been a problem.

Plus, our direct influence keeps AJ on the straight and narrow...right, AJ? ;)

18. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Gee thanks Dead ... I really had my hopes up for that!

SMS - AJ is one of the coolest guys you could ever meet. And his mom is very hip ... she is old school ... from my era. She likes us all. Besides, they have a wide screen TV which is perfect for Star Wars viewings.

I say we hae it there and we figure out a date asap. Tionne said Saturdays are good for her, so lets shoot for a Saturday. We need to give enough notice to AJ's mom. So lets start figuring out a date.

On another note, I spoke with Mary Franklin today, she said Lucas Licensing has no problem with images we use as long as we have this in small letters in a bottom corner "©2005 Lucasfilm Ltd. & ?. All rights reserved." We can use that on our t-shirts and banner. As long as we sell the t-shirts at cost to help out the group, and group functions, we have nothing to worry about. She gave me some really good info. And she is excited about being interviewed on the SVRF radio show. ;) Now, there is an incentive. She is first, Steve Sansweet next, other Lucasfilm people, possibly John Knowles, Rob Coleman, all the way up to maybe GL himself. ;) We will need a disclaimer for the radio show but no worries.

So, we need to set a date for the meeting/trivia contest, and discuss more at the meeting.

What is a good day for everyone?

19. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Excellent news, LDV!!
    I knew my PR work with Mary Franklin would come in handy one day. The radio show is really sounding like an awesome idea...how many Fan Forces can say they have a radio show??? :D

20. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Also which film?

Are we watching Star Wars? if so Which ones? We did I & II last time, I say we watch IV and then play Trivia. We tried to do both II and Trivia at the same time last go round...perhaps if someone has the DVD trivia pursuit we could do that.

OR

We use the time watching IV to set up a game of SW RPG????

Just more random thoughts from The Rogue Forces Clown Prince of Sithlyness.

21. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Weelll...since you watched I and II last time.....maybe we could watch the next one in the sequence. ;) O:)

GAH! Hawkie's turned to the Dark Side!!!

22. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    This is sounding excellllleeeeent

I can bring the SW Trivial Pursuit w/DVD and I also have the bonus DVD I got at C3. I also have a Pop Culture DVD Trivial Pursuit too.

I recently bought the Starwoids DVD and got a DVD of vintage Star Wars toy commercials, so ill bring those along too.

Once we iron out a date and time Ill put it on the site.

23. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    I nearly picked up the LOTR DVD Trivia the other day Target had it for 19.99 so it's like half off.

Might just go back for it for future meetings.

we could view some fanfilms as well if anyone has them on DVD.

24. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Okay then. Let's come up with a date then.

How's the lap top and light saber working out Tionne?

25. qui-gundi_15

Jan 22, 2003
    any day is good for me, so you guys figure it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.