main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA another svrf movie marathon/trivia?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by qui-gundi_15, Jul 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Good meeting ladies and gents and Thanks to Aj and his family for letting us take over his family room.

ps - I owe somebody a few bucks for the pizza.

2. sithmastersaul

sithmastersaul Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2005
    well the pool is almost done maybe in 3 days my kids can swim.anyways how did the meeting go and what was finalized and what is still open.

3. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Just off the top of my head....

We talked about the Toy show/Ultramanfest next weekend, dues, the upcoming sac con, somewhat set in stone meeting dates, halloween, paintball....

Played some DVD SW Trivial Pursuit which incidentally Deadpool and I won in a most triumphant display of intellect, but hey I digress.....

We also laughed ourselves silly at some vintage SW Toy commercials

In short, we had a blast.

4. MASTER_JEDI_RN

MASTER_JEDI_RN Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    Sorry I couldn't make it. I had to work and I have been on-call for going on 48 hrs [face_hypnotized]. I hope the meeting was fun! As you know, my wife is now about 8 months pregnant, we're selling our house and just bought a new one a few blocks over. Work has been unbearable at times (not to mention, the big fire in Sac a few weeks ago, was OUR OFFICE!). Wasn't me. [face_whistling] Anyways, after boy #2 is born in early Oct I hope I'll be able to make more of a presence at meetings and such (screaming baby). Sorry I couldn't make, I would have loved to school you guys/gals in Trivial Pursuit.

MJ

5. sithmastersaul

Feb 26, 2005
    trivia???????? well i do ok but a master i am not.

6. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    we talked about some pretty basic stuff, like having 2 meetings a month, it gives poeple a chane to make at least one meeting a month, the secondd meeting could be rpg night.

also a costuming night where we help eachother work on costumes and props.

setting up dues. like 15 dollars every 3 months. to help pay for supplies and stuff needed at cons, money for gas to get to cons, our very own svrf banner.

ldv you want to fill everything else in?

7. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    You covered most of it AJ.
    Great meeting everyone. Thanks again Avalyn and Bith and LDV for the goodies! :D
    I listened to Fellowship twice when I got home (car CD player didn't like it) and LOVED it!!!! I'm going to show it to some of my theater group..I think they'll get a kick out of it.

I eded up finishing my armor after the meeting...yep..it's all done! Just waiting for some glue to dry and air out the helmet so I don't pass out immediately after putting it on.

8. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Okay, a break down on what was discussed yesterday at the meeting.

First business - Let's give a huge warm shout out welcome to Enzerumo - Rogue 18!!! Our latest member of the Sacramento Valley Rogue Force!

1. Next weekend's San Jose Toy Show has to be discussed again due to new information pertaining to the Ultra Man festival happening in San Francisco next weekend as well. We need to decide where we are going. Also, we have agreed to have two monthly meetings. That way, the ones who couldn't make the first meeting will have a chance to make the second one. And for the most part, those meetings will take place in a central area so everyone can attend. Steve's Pizza is where we decided the monthly meetings should take place since it was such a success the first time.

2. Club Dues - which we all agreed we would like to have for upcoming events. We are slowling gaining alot more members and we would like to show up in big numbers at events representing us and not on the coat tails of other groups. The agreed price is $15 for three months. Rogue 2, Rogue 17 and I will set up an account at a bank for the Sacramento Valley Rogue Force. We will also get a tax ID so that we can start advertising on the web site. Club dues will take affect October 1st, so start cracking open those piggy banks. ;)

3. New sign up packages - For those who want to sign up for the SVRF, we will have a special package deal which includes a SVRF decal with call sign, a t-shirt with SVRF logo and the first three months dues free for $25.00

4. Sac Comic Con - We will have a table, and hopefully our banner done by then. Also, we will have a booth set up for pictures, also stuff to give away from the group and **sigh** a "Stump The Jedi" contest where winners will receive a Star Wars coin.

5. We need to have someone as a SVRF photographer, and Rogue 17 volunteered to be our official photographer. We have also decided to get a photo account with an online site. Rogue 14, could you please look into that for me?

6. Radio Show - still a work in progress, and we have two Lucasfilm celebrties lined up for our first two interviews ;) This is Rogue 2's dept. ;)

7. Paint Ball game - yes Rogue 12 it's still on. Since you know the most about it, I will let you start setting that up with a place, price, and date.

8. RPG Night - it's a go, it will be part of the second monthly meeting. Let's get some games going! Rogue 8, you are in charge of this bro.

9. Endor Trip - it is agreed that the next few months are pretty busy for the Rogues, so we have decided to wait until the spring of 2006 to make the journey to Endor. Rogue 7 could you please get in touch with your contacts who know the exact coordinates of the filming locations and pass them on to me? Then I will need someone to headup this expedition and get all the information including camp grounds in the area and what maps we need. Any Rogue volunteers for this assignment?

10. New Business - A trip to the Presidio was brought up and I believe it is a good idea, so we need to get information on that. Anyone want to volunteer for that? The sooner the better
    * A costume workshop - Rogue 3 and 4 - you two are in charge of setting this up.
    * A props workshop - Which Rogue Leader and Rogue 18 will be putting on.
    * Also Rogue 2 brought up a good idea about semi merging our group with the Brown Coats (Firefly fans) and other Sci Fi groups which I believe is a good idea, since I am a huge fan of Firefly anyways. This way we can get our names out there and be part of bigger things. ;)
    * And due to Imperial ears and spies there were things discussed that will not be posted on the threads. Those will be discussed at future meetings and through PMs only. ;)

That covers what I have. If I left anything out, please someone, fill in the blank spots. ;)

9. Avalyn07

Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Thanks Aj, a.k.a. Rockstar for hosting our Rogue soiree.

Great to see everyone again and it was nice to meet some new Rogues.

LDV, thanks for keeping the group on target.=D=

10. sithmastersaul

Feb 26, 2005
    rogue leader, i already emailed you all the info or did i post it up.well i can call davis paintball it is like 25 bucks per person that includes gun package.i will email them again and get another pricing. did you get a chance to talk about the star wars bowling

11. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    ok bridget whe are we going to do it.

the costuming night.

pick a date that works for you and i can work with it

12. Thrawn_72

Thrawn_72 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2004
    First thanks to AJ and family for having the meeting at his house. Next, thanks to LDV for getting us the goodies, miss a meeting, miss a lot ;)

As for the bowling, I totally forgot to ask about that. Is there a local bowling alley that is going to do the SW thing or what? Just curious, also I am in for paintball, just let me know where and when. Again thanks to all who made it and glad that I got to meet some new faces!

13. sithmastersaul

Feb 26, 2005
    i have given devil all the info for the local bowling league and i am waiting for a new paintball price for a group to have a private game for like 5 hours is gonna be extra but i will get a price

14. Avalyn07

Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    SMS, five hours...WOW! How many Paintballs would you need for that?[face_thinking]

15. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Depends on how good of a shot you are. 4,0000 please and an ammo boy to carry it around so I can yell "UPHAM AMMO!!" Ammo boy makes a good shield too.

I call dibs on Outrider as ammo boy.

16. sithmastersaul

Feb 26, 2005
    my prior post i meant to say devin sorry ldv.

ava, trust me once ytou get into playing 5 hours wont be enough. it is alot of fun .

dead ok you can have outroder but you might want to pad up a little extra cause it is on like donkey kong boy and i am ready for some fun

17. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    AJ, after the State Fair...I'm going nuts until that ends. Probably a Saturday or something when I can dedicate most of the day to a costuming workshop and then go to the theater in the evening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.