main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Another thread to keep us busy...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by RexGetz, Jun 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RexGetz

RexGetz Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 13, 2003
    What movie or tv show have you seen with any SW references. One per person please, give everyone a chance to type.

The Simpsons
    Season: 10
    Episode: 09
    "Mayored to the Mob"
    SciFi Convention with Mark Hamil.

2. RexGetz

Jun 13, 2003
    That 70's Show
    "A New Hope"
    Season 2
    Episode 7

Erick, Hyde, Fez & Kelso go to see Star Wars for the first time. Great intro.

3. RexGetz

Jun 13, 2003
    "CockNucker" (Mark Hamil) tells "Jay" (Jayson Mewes) "Don't ( ) with the Jedi Master son" in "Jay & SilenBob strike back"

4. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    Okay, this one isn't from a movie or TV show, and in fact it's more for Destiny's benefit than anyone else... but while I was at the Faire today (in fact, shortly after leaving DF's company), I stopped to watch the Swordsmen dueling. At one point, one of them (Guido) got both swords and was holding both hilts in one hand, blades facing away from each other, and swirling them to his side and in front....

All I could think of was that Guido was doing a rather decent Darth Maul impression.

Heh.

5. Eon-Wan-Mome_NT

Eon-Wan-Mome_NT Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2003
    Sienfeld..
    Don't know title of #, but i guy purposely loses a bet with Elaine so that he can take her to dinner.

He bet that Dustin Hoffman starred in Star Wars

6. RexGetz

Jun 13, 2003
    I just saw Dr. Dolittle2 for the 100th time and notice that the Camaleon saying to Archy (the Bear): "Use the force" this is during the scene when the Dr. (Eddie Murphy) is trainning Archy to be a real bear.

7. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, this isn't necessarily a SW reference, but on the season 7 premiere of StarGate SG-1 had an action seen that looked very similar to that of the trench run in ANH and similar to Lando's run and the destruction of the second Death Star in ROTJ. Maybe it wasn't intended to be an homage (or maybe it was because other people noticed the connection), but it was pretty cool.

8. TheDarknessX

TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Hey Chicago FanForce I am from the Memphis FanForce and I was snooping in on yall because I was wondering what you guys did for fun. I was born breed and raised in Chicago and if you guys dont mind I would like to stop by once in a while to check you guys FanForce out. And now back to the topic at hand... My fav SW reference was on Buffy when Evil Willow was after the Trio and Andrew said "Darth Rosenberg is on her way here and she is going to make us into Jawa burgers and none of you have the Midichlorians to stop her!" And when Spike was threatning to pull off "Mr. Fetts" (1978 Rocket back pack figure) head if they didnt help him.

9. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    We love having vistors, and have even adopted a few.

Here's mine:
    First is my fav online comic pvponline.com
    Last week they were running a Galaxies storyline. Basically the PvP staff are playing Galaxies and it shows them in game. The strip ended with Brent (A Rodian in the game.) being eaten by a Bantha. We don't get to find out what happens, since guests artists are taking over while the artist is at San Diego Con and taking a vacation. Very funny.
    Then one of the guest artists makes fun of Brent's coffee/Mac obsession by introducing the iBrew, a Mac coffee maker. Brent's reaction. "What is thy bidding my master?" Everybody say Vader!

And everyone should run out and buy PvP #3. Awesome, very awesome. But what's the SW connection?
    Francis, is a 16 year old tech guy, who decides to put a wireless camera in Jade's office, in the hope that she'll take off her shirt. He is found out and Cole, our intrepid manager, is going to talk to him. Brent asks Cole if he can say talk to Francis instead. This is their conversation:

Brent: Well, well, if it isn't our resident peeping Tom.
    Francis: Hoo Boy. Here it comes.
    Brent: I'm not here to lecture you, Francis, quite the contrary.
    Francis: Wow. I thought you would be really sore with me since Jade's your girlfriend.
    Brent: Jade can take of herself. You really showed some spunk today, kid. You remind me of myself when I was your age. Your plan had heart, eve if you were trying too hard. Always remember to keep it simple. Turning up the thermostat in Jade's office would have gotten her to shed that sweater.
    Francis: I want to come with you to learn the ways of the Force and become a Jedi.
    Brent: We'll see.

The next Cole joins the discussion:
    Cole: Brent, when I asked you to talk to Francis, I didn't want you to encourage him.
    Brent: I'm sorry, Cole, but I've claimed him for my own dark purposes. Young Francis shows promise. At my side, with my guidance, he will grow strong and evil. When the time comes he will destroy me and take my place. Francis, my throat is sore. Be a good lad and laugh maniacally for me as I make my exit.
    Francis: Yes Master. MWAHHAHAHA!

Poor Obi-Wan, I mean poor Cole.

10. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    PvP is a great webcomic... it hasn't displaced Sluggy as my favorite, but it's tied with UF for second. ;-) It does rank the highest in Star Wars references, though; the strip is filled with 'em. (I should know... I finally got caught up after starting in the archives with the first strip.)

BTW, I was at the Faire again last Sunday (again in the rain *sigh*) and "Darth Guido" did his "double-bladed" rapier trick again, this time with lightsaber sound effects. Heh.

11. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    This time, check out wizarduniverse.com. They have a last man standing. Vader vs Victor Von Doom!

Who will live, who will die?!?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.