main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Another Vader Redemption Fic - Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by wawoot, Jun 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wawoot

wawoot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 5, 2006
    Title: Another Vader Redemption Fic (Complete)
    Genre: Humor, Drama, Angst
    Characters: Anakin, Obi-Wan, Padme
    Timeframe: Post-ROTS
    Summary: Anakin saves himself from the Dark side in the most ridiculous way imaginable...

Chapter 1

Obi-Wan entered the cantina in Mos Eisley, scanning the bar for customers who might possibly have news from Coruscant. It had been five months since he had brought Luke to Tatooine after the fall of the Republic, and he had made a habit of visiting Mos Eisley once a week for supplies and whatever information he could gather.

Seeing a man sitting alone at the bar, Obi-Wan joined him, hoping that he might have dealings on the Interior and news of the Empire. "Hello," he said politely, taking a seat and ordering a drink from the bartender.

"Hello," the man replied, nodding. "You a local?" he asked, with a curious glance at Obi-Wan's dusty boots and cloak.

"Yes," Obi-Wan nodded, glancing ruefully at his clothing. "Is it that obvious?" he laughed good-naturedly, putting the man at ease. "What brings you to this bustling metropolis?" he joked.

The man laughed. "The beer, of course," he said cheerfully, raising his mug in approval as the bartender brought Obi-Wan's drink. It was the reply Obi-Wan had hoped for; in his experience, the less a man boasted of his career status and dealings with the Empire, the more he probably knew of what was really going on.

"Any news from the Interior?" Obi-Wan asked casually, sipping his drink. The man was most likely a smuggler, and his business here on Tatooine was probably with Jabba the Hutt; discussing Galactic news was undoubtedly a welcome diversion from more personal questions about his business dealings.

"Not much," the man shrugged. "It's been pretty quiet lately. Although," he laughed suddenly, his eyes twinkling mischievously as he quickly scanned the cantina and lowered his voice, "I hear the Emperor's lost another pet, if you know what I mean," he grinned, deeply amused.

"A pet?" Obi-Wan asked, managing to appear mildly curious, though he suddenly felt a knot in his stomach.

"Yes," the man chuckled, setting his beer down. "I don't know where he finds these freaks, but they never seem to last long," he laughed. "First there was that red and black horned thing, and then - eh, I can't keep them straight," he said, shaking his head. "But the latest was this giant black mechanical robot; I didn't even realize he was half-human, but they say he was," he laughed. "Good riddance though," he finished, shaking his head in disgust.

Obi-Wan struggled to mask his emotions, but on the inside he was trembling with shock and grief. "What happened?" he asked casually. "How did he lose him?"

"I don't know," the man shrugged. "Some kind of fighter crash... They say he was testing one of those new TIE fighters for the Emperor, and - " he made an exploding noise, gesturing dramatically. "Guess he wasn't much of a pilot," he laughed, sipping his beer.

"No, I guess he wasn't," Obi-Wan agreed, managing a weak laugh.

"Anyway, I can't wait to see what kind of mutant he picks up next," the man grinned. "Although I hope not to meet any of them in person," he admitted, shaking his head. "This last one was bad news, from what I've heard," he finished quietly.

"Yes, it sounds like he was," Obi-Wan nodded calmly, finishing his drink. "Thank you for the news, and for the company," he smiled warmly. "I fear I must be getting back home before it gets too dark," he apologized, standing up.

The man nodded casually, and Obi-Wan took his leave, his mind reeling in shock. He was only vaguely aware of his surroundings as he exited the cantina and stumbled back through the narrow streets of Mos Eisley. Anakin... Dead? He didn't want to believe it; he couldn't. And in a TIE fighter crash... It was inconceivable. Anakin was the most talented pilot he had ever known.

It is for the best, Obi-Wan told himself stubbornly, blinking away the tears that stung his eyes

2. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Oh God, pet? Well, I guess that it?s one way to see Vader.

This was hilarious, serious humor in the best way.

Wonderful start wawoot and I?m going to ask you to pm me when you update.

3. wawoot

Jan 5, 2006
    Chapter 2

Four days earlier...

Poooh, khhhhhh... Pooooh, khhhhhhh... Pooooh, khhhhhhhh...

Anakin strode quickly through the hallway of Palpatine's Imperial Star Destroyer, focusing on his breathing. The red switch on his chestplate that activated his mechanical ventilator was turned off; but only the Emperor would notice that. For the past two months he had been secretly training himself to breathe on his own as much as possible; his plan depended upon his ability to survive without the mask.

But he was not quite ready yet, he admitted reluctantly. Feeling suddenly light-headed and weak, he switched the ventilator back on, then relaxed gratefully as the oxygen flowed into his lungs again, strengthening him and pushing away the cobwebs that had been threatening the edges of his vision.

It was a delicate balance, constantly pushing himself to his physical limits while still remaining strong enough mentally to keep the Emperor from guessing his thoughts. He had been walking a tightrope for the past five months, outwardly managing to appear loyal to Palpatine, while secretly plotting to betray him.

There had been a time, briefly, when he had truly been under the Emperor's thrall; but that had all changed the moment he learned of Padme's death. Anakin had done everything Palpatine asked of him, but the Emperor had not upheld his end of the bargain. He had allowed Padme to die, and Anakin hated him for it.

Ironically, it was his hatred of Palpatine that had kept him safely above suspicion these past five months. His hatred made him strong in the Dark side of the force, and as a result, the Emperor was confident of his loyalty. Little did he realize that his efforts to cultivate Anakin's anger had already backfired against him.

It wasn't only because of Padme that Anakin hated him. Palpatine was pretty easy to hate all on his own, with his annoying insane laughter and the disgusting gurgling sounds he made when he talked. But Anakin had found yet another reason to hate him, one that served as a constant reminder of the Emperor's tyrannical hold on him: the dreaded mechanical suit.

Anakin had known from the start that the medical care he had received after Mustafar had been sub-standard. When he'd lost his arm the first time, the doctors had treated him gently, giving him anaesthesia during the surgery, and painkillers afterward; but Palpatine's surgeons had not bothered with any of that. They had drilled straight into his severed bones without even putting him under, and had made no attempt whatsoever to treat his burns. Palpatine had told him that his pain would make him strong in the Dark side, and in a sense it was true; but ironically, Anakin's anger was now directed at Palpatine alone for having caused it.

Palpatine's doctors claimed that the cybernetic suit and mask were the only things keeping Anakin alive, but he questioned that as well. It was true that his lungs had been badly damaged from smoke inhalation, and that the oxygen helped him to breathe better, especially during the first few weeks after Mustafar; but over time, the mechanical ventilator had effectively weakened his lungs, causing the muscles to atrophy from disuse. For the past two months Anakin had been forcing himself to turn the red switch off and breathe on his own whenever possible, and he suspected that in time he might not need the mask at all, contrary to the doctors' claims.

But over the past several weeks Anakin had begun to develop another suspicion, of something far more sinister than the brutal medical treatment and forced dependence upon the ventilator. He had been unable to eat since being injured, and became nauseous if he so much as smelled food; the doctors claimed that his stomach had been destroyed by the fire, but that simply made no sense. Nevertheless, he now relied exclusively on intravenous injections for his nourishment, and even the thought of food made him feel ill.

Another thing that didn't seem quite right was the fact that none of his hair had grow

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    What an excellent story! Two posts and I'm hooked.

I love that Vader was able to recognize Palpatine wasn't giving him the best care possible and has left the Emperor's side.

If you have a PM list, please add me! [face_praying] [face_praying]

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

5. Star_Angel

Jan 18, 2006
    Yay, I love it how Vader finally realise what Palpy is up to and I loved the:

Palpatine was pretty easy to hate all on his own, with his annoying insane laughter and the disgusting gurgling sounds he made when he talked.

This was a sad but wonderful chapter, I loved it. Oh, and I?m so glad that Vader or is it Anakin now? Anyway, is finally ?free? and I hope that he finds Obi-Wan and Padmé soon.

6. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Vader/Anakin sure thought it through :)

7. AnakinLuver

AnakinLuver Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2006
    oh! Love this! Add me to ur PM list! I love Anakin's thinking in this... I love how he hates Palps... hee hee... I feel sorry for Obi-wan right now... he thinks Anakin is dead... so sad...

Rachel Rose@};-

8. jedi_princess18

jedi_princess18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    This is great!

I can't wait to see Obi-Wan's reaction when he realizes Anakin is not dead.

I wonder if perhaps Padme is still alive? [face_thinking]

Please PM me when you update!

9. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    oh, great stuff wawoot - interesting story - let me know when you update! :)

10. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    You never seem to amaze me wawoot! This is an extraordinary start!

"You called for me, my Master?" he asked, hating his robotic voice, hating the stupid sound of his breathing

[face_laugh] I just love how Vader hates his breathing and voice! I can actually picture Anakin thinking all of this!

but just for one moment, Anakin convinced himself that all was well in the galaxy, and that he was going home.

And in a way, I am, he realized ruefully, setting the coordinates for Tatooine and making the jump to hyperspace.

Aw, that was touching. :)

Breathe, he told himself. And try not to die before you land.

[face_laugh] Oh dear! I love the bluntness!

Please add me to your PM list! I love how you portray burnt, scarred, hairless Anakin...just too lovely.

11. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    I'm hooked and anxious to see what happens next! :)

Wonder what Obi-Wan will do when he comes face to face with Anakin... [face_thinking]

If you have a PM list, please add me to it. Thanks!

12. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    This story starts out serious and angsty, but takes a bit of a comedic turn halfway through, and ends in a happy puddle of mush... There will be 16 chapters in all, and I'll update every other day... Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoy it! :)

This sounds like my kind of story! [face_dancing]

Palpatine was pretty easy to hate all on his own, with his annoying insane laughter and the disgusting gurgling sounds he made when he talked.

:p And here I thought I was the only one who noticed that!

Great new story!!! PLEASE PlEASE PLEASE put me on your PM list!!!!!

13. wawoot

Jan 5, 2006
    Chapter 3

It was a hot summer day on Tatooine.

Every day is a hot summer day on Tatooine, Obi-Wan thought ruefully, lying half-naked on his bed in a vain effort to escape the afternoon heat. I am in for a lifetime of hot summer days.

Life would be more interesting once Luke was a bit older, he reminded himself. In a couple more years, he could begin training Anakin's son in the ways of the Force; and if the boy was anything like his father, there would never be another dull moment for the next twenty years or so. But for now, all Obi-Wan could do was to watch, and wait. After a lifetime of adventure as a Jedi Knight, sitting around in a cave doing nothing was an exercise in torture, even for a man of Obi-Wan's renowned patience.

At least a large part of the danger was past, he consoled himself sadly. He was still heartbroken by the tragic news of Vader's death, and he grieved deeply for the loss of his beloved friend and padawan; but he was grateful that Anakin was finally at peace, and that Luke was safer now. Vader had been the main threat, and it was unlikely that Palpatine would take an interest in Luke or Leia. Nevertheless, they would remain safely in hiding until they came of age.

He wondered how Padme was handling the news. He'd had no contact with her for several months now, as communication was too risky; but he hoped that she was well, and that perhaps now she could start to put some of her grief behind her. Still, he could not even begin to imagine what she was going through.

They had nearly lost her shortly after the delivery, but thankfully she had recovered the will to live, sensing that there was still some good in Anakin. That belief had kept her going these past five months; but now all hope was lost, and Anakin was truly gone. At least she has Leia, Obi-Wan told himself. After staging a funeral procession to convince Vader and Palpatine of her death, Padme had gone into hiding as a servant in the Organa household on Alderaan, and now she was with her daughter.

Obi-Wan felt himself drifting off to sleep, exhausted by the afternoon heat; but he was awakened suddenly by a terrible sound. Poooooh, khhhhhhhhh... Instantly he rolled out of bed, grabbing his lightsaber and planting his bare feet solidly on the cave floor as he prepared to face his attacker.

Vader stood just inside the doorway, his red lightsaber already activated. Obi-Wan had been dreading this moment since that terrible night on Mustafar; his worst nightmare had just come true. Or perhaps this is only a dream...?

"I don't want to fight you, Anakin," he warned the intruder, though he held his defensive stance, his blue lightsaber humming.

"Neither do I," Vader agreed amiably, retracting his red lightsaber and clipping it on his belt. "It's way too hot today."

Yes. This is just a dream, Obi-Wan realized, smiling with relief. "Would you like some lemonade?" he asked Vader. "I just made some fresh this morning." I wish it were true.

"That would be great, thank you," Vader said, coming into the kitchen and taking a seat at the table.

Obi-Wan poured two glasses of lemonade, and handed one to Vader. "Can you drink with that mask on?" he asked, curious.

"Oh," Vader realized. "No, I keep forgetting." He casually switched off a few things on his chest plate, then pulled the helmet off, running a hand through his long curly hair and smiling cheerfully at Obi-Wan. "Thanks," he said, taking a sip of the lemonade. "So how have you been?"

"Good," Obi-Wan said, uncertain if he should elaborate on his reasons for being here; after all, he was supposed to be protecting Luke from his father. "How are things with Palpatine?" he asked, changing the subject.

Anakin shrugged. "Eh, he sucks. I hate him. But what can you do," he grinned cheerfully. Then he set his glass back down. "Well, I guess I'd better get going," he said, getting up to leave. "Thanks for the lemonade."

"Any time," Obi-Wan said warmly, smiling at his friend. Ana

14. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    It will be interesting when Anakin arrives, Obi-Wan might start thinking that he's dreaming in the daytime now.

15. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    It was a nice dream...but Anakin's physical appearance is going to be a far cry from what Obi's dreams. :(

I agree, it's going to be interesting to see their reunion. I guess Obi-Wan doesn't realize that Padme is traveling with that stage crew. :confused:

16. Star_Angel

Jan 18, 2006
    What did you mean: ?nothing really happened? I think that a lot of things happen, I mean, we get to know what happen to Padmé and Obi-Wan, and that dream were Vader comes over for lemonade, now that was hilarious, wonderful update and thanks for sending me a pm about it.

17. michaellover

michaellover Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2005
    I loved the dream Obi had at the end, it was so nice! I hope Anakin finds him soon.
    Can I be in yor Pm list?

18. jedi_princess18

jedi_princess18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    If Obi-Wan only knew how close his dream was to reality...

Glad to see Padme is alive. I wonder how Anakin will take the news?

19. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    When this dream first started, I was convinced that it actually wasn't, and that this was just the most hilarious way possible for Anakin to return...but then I realized that wans't true. :_|

Obi-Wan lay in bed staring at the ceiling, wondering how long these dreams would continue. A long time, I hope, he realized sadly. They're all I have left of him now.

Too cute!

Loved it wawoot!

20. 92SE-R

92SE-R Jedi Master star 3

Apr 15, 2005
    Great story, can't wait to read the next chapter! =D=

and the part about Palpatine sucking.. [face_laugh]
    awesome!

21. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Anakin shrugged. "Eh, he sucks. I hate him. But what can you do," he grinned cheerfully. Then he set his glass back down. "Well, I guess I'd better get going," he said, getting up to leave. "Thanks for the lemonade."

[face_laugh] :)

That was great. It really was a dream though, right? Or not? It would be great if it wasn't a dream. :p

=D= =D= =D=

edit: yay, 1000'th post for me! [face_dancing]

22. AnakinLuver

AnakinLuver Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2006
    Oh... I feel so sorry for Obi-wan... so sorry for him... I loved the dream... so cute... so loving... update soon!

Rachel Rose@};-

23. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Ah, poor Obi. That was an interesting dream.

I can't wait to see what happens when Anakin actually shows up!

Enjoyed the update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

24. wawoot

Jan 5, 2006
    Chapter 4

Anakin closed his eyes, conserving his energy and letting the Force guide him as he entered Tatooine's atmosphere. He had found that if he sat quietly and took slow, shallow breaths, it didn't hurt too much, and he had managed to stay conscious for most of the trip. He'd also found some emergency rations aboard the shuttle, and had forced himself to eat a couple bites and drink some water. His stomach felt a bit queasy, but he was going to need his strength once he landed.

He hoped that his suspicions were correct: that the Emperor had been secretly poisoning him through his intravenous injections, but that soon the effects would wear off and he would be able to eat normally again. Breathing was a bit difficult, but as long as he didn't overexert himself it wasn't too bad. In time he would recover, and then he would be in a better position to fight back against Palpatine. But for now, the best he could do was to simply get away from him.

Arriving at Mos Eisley in an Imperial shuttle, dressed in full clone armor, had not been his original plan. Anakin had hoped to have at least another month to prepare for his escape, but that couldn't be helped now; he would just have to deal with it the best he could. On or off, he wondered, looking at the white helmet on the seat beside him. Off, he decided with a rueful sigh. In this town, a bald, hideously scarred criminal would probably have better chances than an Imperial clone trooper.

He landed on a private lot on the outskirts of the city. Mos Eisley was a gambling town, and it was fairly common for visitors to sell their vehicles and other possessions to cover their debts; this lot was connected to a seedy-looking pawn shop, and Anakin figured it was as good a place to start as any. Climbing out of the cockpit, Anakin walked toward the dealership, carrying his helmet in one hand and trying to look casual while not passing out at the same time.

The owner gave him a hard stare as he entered the shop, but Anakin ignored it. "How much for a Lambda-class shuttle, and the uniform?" he asked casually, as if selling stolen Imperial equipment was something he did every day.

"Not interested," the shop owner said gruffly.

"Ah, but I think some of your customers would be," Anakin suggested, with a subtle wave of his hand. "You could get at least ten thousand for the shuttle alone."

The man shrugged, feigning indifference. "Two thousand. Take it or leave it."

"Five," Anakin said firmly.

"Three," the man countered. "Or take your business elsewhere."

Anakin nodded. Three thousand was a fair price, and he was glad to be rid of it without further trouble. The pawn shop also had a used clothing section, and Anakin picked out some things that looked like they might fit. The owner was kind enough to let him use the back room to change.

A minute later he emerged wearing a plain grey cloak over a faded green tunic and off-white pants; it didn't exactly match, but at least it wasn't black. He was sick of black. "You'll have to sign the register," the shop owner informed him. Anakin nodded and casually signed it, making up the first name that popped into his head. Good thing no one ever checks these things, Anakin grinned mischievously, pulling up his grey hood as he exited the shop.

It was good to be back home, he decided, smiling as he walked through the narrow streets of Mos Eisley. He knew that he had a difficult task before him, and that he must somehow find a way to contact Obi-Wan and alert him of Palpatine's plan to attack Coruscant; but for the moment it just felt so good to be free. To feel the warm sun on his face again, and to breathe with his own lungs, even if it was a bit difficult and tiring.

The streets were lined with vendors selling everything you could imagine; as he walked along, Anakin smelled something wonderful that reminded him of his childhood. Sure enough, there was a stand selling barbecued Nylog, which had been one of his favorite treats as a child. It was the first tim

25. Star_Angel

Jan 18, 2006
    Fu-kyu'p al Putin

Love the name. It?s very?creative;).

Well, wonderful update my friend and I?m looking forward to read more so please update soon even if I?m not the right person to say that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.