main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Another..What do you think happen??

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DMZBADGER, Jan 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DMZBADGER

DMZBADGER Jedi Youngling star 2

May 31, 2002
    Do you think the Stormtroopers that fragged the jawas were the same ones that roasted the Lar's homestead?

The reason why I ask is that Luke mentions "look there's gaffi sticks and bantha tracks" and the old wise Ben says "No, we are made to believe Raiders did this"

If they were ridding Banthas how did they manage to get back to the Lars homestead in time to fry them? I personaly think it must have been a different detachment.

Also do you think the Stormtroopers found a pack of raiders and opened up on them to get the evidence they needed to plant at the sandcrawler?

2. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    The Storm Troopers found the Jawas asked them about who they sold the droids to.

They then proceeded to kill the Jawas.

They then go to the homestead where the Jawas said they sold them, can't find the droids, as such fry the occupants.

3. DMZBADGER

May 31, 2002
    But if they were ridding Banthas (to make the tracks Luke and Ben found) it would have taken them a looooooooong time to get to the Lars homestead. I mean check out Luke when he runs from the sandcrawler..He has the pedal to the metal in his landspeeder just to get back to his home to see it still smoldering.

4. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Right, but also remember that Luke was a long way from home when he was attacked by the sandpeople, that he was at Obi-Wan's house for a while, then they had to travel back. The stormtroopers could have slaughtered the Jawas very shortly after Luke left that morning and proceeded strait to the Lars' homestead.

They had almost a whole day from the time Luke left in the morning to the time he got back in the evening.

5. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    They could have airlifted the banthas to the sandcrawler. That's how they got the dewbacks out to the escape pod landing site, after all.

6. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    The Imperials had plenty of time to frame the Raiders and make it back to the Lars house. I would not be surprised if they were airlifted to the sandcrawler.

7. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Maybe they had an old gunship.

8. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    But if they were ridding Banthas (to make the tracks Luke and Ben found) it would have taken them a looooooooong time to get to the Lars homestead. I mean check out Luke when he runs from the sandcrawler..He has the pedal to the metal in his landspeeder just to get back to his home to see it still smoldering.

Another point that could be made is, how much of a head start did the stormtroopers have? All we know is that they hadn't arrived at the farm when Luke left (evidently at a very early time). Since in all likelihood he spent several hours out with Ben before he returned to the farm, the stormtroopers should have had plenty of time.

9. DMZBADGER

May 31, 2002
    Hey Bib...you bring up another good point.

In the SE ROTJ you see a new style of shuttle..(transport shuttle) with more troopers walking around looking for the droids.

You mentioned they shuttled in the Dewbacks.

Are the Dewbacks indiginous to Tatoonie? or did they come from another planet? I mean if you think about it..they are probably indiginous to the planet..They are basically a big lizard probably cold blooded and need the heat to warm them up in the morning to get them going through the day. Why would they be green though?

Over several thousand years you'd think they would evolve into something more tan colored.

And there is another question..you see night time with Luke in ANH and you see night time at Jabba's in ROTJ and you see night time with Qui Gon in TPM....how can that be when you have 2 huge suns burning down on your little planet day in and day out? I guess it's the way the planet revolves around the 2 suns?

Wow..my head hurts now thinking about this..time for another coffee and off to work I go.

10. Lord-Vegas

Lord-Vegas Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2003
    I cant understand why the troopers would dress and sand people (if they did) because Jawa's would stop for them and after they found out what the Jawa's did with the droids they'd have probably killed the Banthas or let them go.

11. DarthNigel

DarthNigel Jedi Master star 3

Jul 14, 2003
    DMZBADGER, for a planet to have a relatively stable orbit around two suns, its distance from the suns would have to be pretty far, compared to the distance between the two suns.

As you can see in the sunset scene in ANH, the suns appear close together in Tatooine's sky, and they both rise and set together. Thus, you have periods of day and night.

It would seem that Tatooine orbits the center of mass between the two suns, and its orbit is distorted slightly by the fact that its distance from each sun is constantly changing.

Perhaps if there were a planet that was situated between two suns, it would be daytime everywhere all the time, but this would not be a stable configuration, I don't think.

My question is -- presuming Tatooine orbits the center of gravity between the two suns, each sun would eclipse the other annually. When this happens, the solar radiation reaching Tatooine would be cut in half. I wonder if this biannual eclipse would have any climatic or other effect for life on Tatooine?

12. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    The Jawa incident is depicted in Davin Felth's tale in TALES FROM THE MOS EISLEY CANTINA. The Stormtroopers didn't ride the banths, but instead had them brought in. The orders were to just have them walked around a bit to leave foot prints and to spread around the weapons that had been "confiscated" from a party of Tusken Raiders (who were probably also killed). Then the Stormtroopers gathered back aboard their transport and headed for the Lars homestead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.