main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Another "what if" question

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Benny_Blanco, Mar 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benny_Blanco

Benny_Blanco Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2002
    I was just wondering, how would Episode 3 have played out, how would it be different, if Qui-Gon Jinn had been in it? Assuming that everything else had taken place as it had after his death.....would he be involved in either of the final battles? If so, which one? Would he survive Order 66?

Sinister edit: Follow the link provided below.

2. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Anakin would've turned out completely different, there wouldn't be such a big place for Obi Wan. I believe Qui Gon would've wised up to Palpataine before the rest of the council. He'd be on the council by that time, I guess... He wouldn't survive Order 66. Hell hath no wrath like Skywalker.

3. AL_Patterson

AL_Patterson Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2007
    Probably would have just been killed by Palpatine or executed within Order 66. His death in the PT was inevitable.

If not then he'd have been in the OT:p

4. LordVader66

LordVader66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Personally, I believe things would haven't really turned out differently. Obiwan became much more powerful than Qui-Gon ever could have been. Anakin would have surpassed Qui-Gon by AotC. I really can't see Anakin and Qui-Gon going to rescue the Chancellor. Anakin would have been even more convinced he was being held back. If Qui-Gon survived Order 66 (which I doubt), and it was just Yoda and him, Yoda would have said "Screwed we are, hide we must". Vader would have murdered Ginn in about 5 seconds on Mustafar. Qui-Gon's abilites as a swordsman are far inferior to Obiwan or Anakin.

5. Benny_Blanco

Benny_Blanco Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2002
    Ah, but would Qui-Gon have gone with Obi-Wan, or would he have gone with Yoda?

Personally I think him and Yoda would`ve teamed up to go after Palps.

Or, in the other case, would Anakin have been able to bring himself to kill Qui-Gon? Remember, he had a lot of resentment towards Obi-Wan, which Palpatine was able to turn into hate.

6. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    I reckon he would have died evetually. BEcause Obi-Wan is in the OT and is such a prominant and respected character, he would have had to display his prowess and knowledge of the Force at one point to make him an awesome character, so then it fits with the OT.

7. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    Ah, but would Qui-Gon have gone with Obi-Wan, or would he have gone with Yoda?

Most likely neither. He probably would have been sent out on some mission like Ki-Adi or Aayla .

8. DarthDiabolous

DarthDiabolous Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2006
    I think jinn would have survived 66 because of his logic and commons sense, he would have smelt something fishy about palpatine, and he would have told some of the other jedi such as yoda anakin obi wan mace, etc... also he probably could of helped turn dooku back into a jedi, he would have kept anakin on the right path, and he would have kept anakin from interfering with the duel between palp and mace... but unfortunatly he had to be killed off at some point because he wasnt in the ot... and btw i like your name benny blanco from the bronx :D

he also would have smelt something fishy about sifo dyas ordering clones 10 years before aotc... he knew dyas was dead, and he would have told the council immeadiatly and would have taken obi and anakin to investigate things with him...(together the 3 of them would have made an unstoppable team...)

9. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I agree, Qui Gon would've been merked on Mustafar. Plus then there would be no Blue vs Blue which we had so much fun anticipating on the ROTS spoiler forum.

10. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    There's a thread for exactly these questions here.

11. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    If qui gon lived ALOT of things would change. For one Anakin would of been trained better. Dooku would not turn Sith. Honestly if qui gon is alive, Anakin doesnt turn to the Dark Side. I just dont see Anakin turning. yeah anakin liked obi wan, but he saw Qui Gon as his father type. He wouldn't need that relationship from Palpitine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.