main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**Anouncement** Choreography Test Shoot Friday.

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Corrin_Wyndryder, Nov 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    [image=http://www.weareboring.com/images/misc/corrin_select/river.jpg]

Many of you have seen this shot before. It's for the River Fight Sequence in the fanfilm The Hunt For The Codex currently in production.

Friday, December 2nd, the two actors involved in that fight are getting together with me to do a test shoot for the fight choreography. I will capture this footage on a Panasonic 3CCD DVX100 at 16x9 ratio and 24P frame rate (2:3 drop).

This footage is being shot for two express purposes:
    1: To determine the quality of the choreography.
    2: To previsualize it into the animatic visual effects footage.

There will be 3 downloadable files:
    A: Master Shot Choreography.
    B: Dramatically Edited Choreography.
    C: PreVis Footage.

These files will not be made publically available. Instead, select experienced volunteers will be allowed access to the download files, and their opinions will help to shape the final version. Also volunteers to help with the special effects in the final version are also being accepted.

The purpose of this thread is to gather interest in volunteers who have experience in this matter and are willing to constructively critique this project prior to release. (I have every intention on doing this the right way the first time.)

If anyone is interested in downloading this when it is ready please post a reply that includes your experience with fight choreography, visual effects, or other applicable skills. Right now there is no limit to the number of people who I will accept, but I will use my own judgement in regards to who's accepted.

Thank you.

2. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    Awesome.

3. 1337mik3

1337mik3 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2004
    I cant wait to see this film start to really take shape.

4. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    Funk, you ought to know I was having difficulty with the ordered lists in the coding, so I tried a test topic to see if I could edit it.

5. -Spiff-

-Spiff- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2005
    I will capture this footage on a Panasonic 3CCD DVX100 at 16x9 ratio and 24P frame rate (2:3 drop)

If you're planning on editing it at all, you should use the 24pA mode with the 2:3:3:2 pull-down.

-Spiff

6. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    I went through the manual and didn't see that option.

I just went through it again, and I found it. So yeah, that's what I'm going to use.

It actually says; "Images are recorded on the tape using the advanced conversion system." I wasn't sure if that was [2:3:3:2] or not.

7. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    Excellent to see the progress, Corrin, this is going to be really fun to see take shape. Count me in for a viewing of the shooting. (As if I had to tell you that. :p)

8. DevonRead

DevonRead Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2004
    I'd be stoked to check it out, you're storyboard graphic is awesome.

Uh, I'm devon. Choreographed the "original" prelude's fight sequences. and directed it and quite a few other projects. and edit for apple computer, inc. and teach shake internally. yeah, those are my qualifications.

9. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    I just checked out the trailer for Prelude. You seem to know what's involved, so you're in, Devon.

Ok. The list now consists of:

DVeditor
    DevonReed

Any other takers?

10. RyiokuXL

RyiokuXL Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    I'd like to have a look at it, to help ya out... but I honestly don't have anything to show my more recent work, or qualifications... so yeah.

11. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    Hmm...

The reason for the questions about qualifications is because I need quality critique and I want to keep this somewhat under wraps so there's a surprise when it finally comes out. :)

If you feel you can contribute to it, I'm willing to give you a chance.

12. RyiokuXL

Jun 2, 2005
    yeeah didn't expect to be added to the list anywhoo ;)

worth a shot i suppose.

13. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    I got your PM, and you look like you're up for it.

The list:

DVeditor
    DevonReed
    RyiokuXL

14. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    Any chance I can take a look at it? I've had 8 Years of martial arts experiance and 4 years of Staff Fighting and Short Stick Training and have choreograped a few fights in my time.

15. RyiokuXL

Jun 2, 2005
    Cool, thanks.

16. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I'd like to take a look.

M. Scott

17. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    I don't know Dorkman, what are your qualifications? :p

The list:

DVeditor
    DevonReed
    RyiokuXL
    YouAgain
    DorkmanScott

18. DevonRead

May 26, 2004
    wow that seriously makes me laugh. do you mean the trailer that's on tfn? with the lightsabers? that trailer is about 6 years old and it still amazes me that it is under 'coming soon.'

I throw around the name Prelude in the assumption that most people remember the awful, hillarious and LONG story of Prelude To Hope and I guess I under-estimate how new a lot people are to the forums.

That gave me a laugh, thanks man.

19. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    Note, I said "seem to know what's involved", not "know what you're doing." :p

20. DevonRead

May 26, 2004
    Thank you, that's much better.

21. Darth Milarc

Darth Milarc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2000
    I'd love to volunteer! I did the visual fx for PA WARS: SPECIAL EDITION.
    I also have experience with fight choreography and martial arts. If you want my input i would be delighted.

Milarc

22. Darthness

Darthness Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    I guess I'll take a look. I've got a pretty good sense of visualisation when it comes to a shot's potential sweetness.

23. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I'd like to take a look. Considering I ended up at third place in the choreography competition, I think I know at least a little bit about fight choreography :)

24. Daniel_L

Daniel_L Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    Ill help with VFX :)

25. Phayze

Phayze Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 23, 2004
    most of my experience is with live theater, but I've been doing fight choreography for about three years now (in addition to several years of martial arts training). I'd love the chance to help out with your choreography, if you're interested in having another voice chiming in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.